Gers Take Control Of Official Site

Ace

The revamped website will be completely managed by the Club’s Media Department, which will reduce outlays and help secure additional revenue streams for Rangers, and supporters can get closer than ever to the heart of the Light Blues. 

With over 500,000 unique users per month, www.rangers.co.uk keeps fans worldwide updated on the latest, official Club news 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and supporters can look out for a host of new developments in the coming months. 

The website will join the already established internal media portfolio which includes Rangers ground-breaking online TV station RangersTV.tv, Rangers matchday programme, social media channels, (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr), Club books, DVDs, memorabilia, photos, personalised prints and music.

Rangers Manager Ally McCoist commented: “The best place for fans to keep up to date with all things Rangers is through official Club Media channels and I am sure the new website will be a huge success.

"This is a new beginning for Rangers Football Club and www.rangers.co.uk will be with keep fans updated 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.”

http://rangers.co.uk/index.php/news/headlines/item/1586-gers-take-control-of-official-site

Look a better site and hopefully will be more up to date.

Next the powers that be should look at our Rangers Kit and goods which require a better distribution of sites and shops, so looseJJB who have failed us miserably, also when we are looking at what the fans areexpected to buy a better quality of goods would help considerable

The updated site looks great.

It is a massive improvement on the old site and I only expect it to get better. A much better representation of Rangers and what Rangers is all about.

In particular, I liked the consolidation and summarising of the RangersTV offerings on to one page. In the past, the way of setting out these online offerings -- and explaining the differences between them -- was very confusing.

Who controlled it before?... Also, who updates the Rangers app for iPhones?....today it changed and had all our upcoming fixtures but had a new "table" and it was the SP Hell table instead of SFL3, with all the squad in the players section including the traitors!

The updated site looks great.

got to disagree with you.

the design already looks dated. the web has moved towards HTML5 and easy navigation for touch screens. The new design simply looks like an old joomla design (Aand further loong it basically is modified http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#joomla25-templates.joomlart.com/ja_nex/ )

Who controlled it before?... Also, who updates the Rangers app for iPhones?....today it changed and had all our upcoming fixtures but had a new "table" and it was the SP Hell table instead of SFL3, with all the squad in the players section including the traitors!

This, also the squad is last years and now when I go into any news stories in the app it gives me crap about the page not being found. Grrrrr

I'd imagine that the old players still being in the squad list has something to do with the fact we're challenging their right to leave. The club still believes they are contracted to Rangers so are continuing to list them as Rangers players. The likes of Fleck and Davis aren't listed on the site.

Davis is still on mine bud!....so is shitakker and others that have walked for money, whereas Black isn't!

Davis money was agreed relatively recently. It's a brand new site! They've probably not updated the page fully. And I can't blame them given the confusion!

Yes the official Rangers site is new but I'm talking about the iPhone app as per my previous post mate...two different sites I think crossed wires here :)