Bob 'The Rebel' Marley getting played at Ibrox

This always makes me laugh, as if bob Marley was a selik fan. Probs seen a game and thought they were not bad and next thing you know he's a full on tattie munching taig. Typical bheggars fabricating the truth, such a sad little bunch.

Bob Marley was a h**!

h**? Fuck off.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who would pretend to dislike music because of sectarian, xenophobic or any other daft reason really needs a fucking hobby.

Liking music is a natural reaction from your body as much as sexual attraction, you can't choose what you like to hear based on what country they come from or what beliefs the artist has.

Not that everyone must love the Pogues, we all have different tastes, but they're a pretty loveable band and I bet a lot of obsessed bigots pretend not to enjoy their music while their mind actually does.

This reminds me of early high school when all the different cliques pretend to only like 1 style of music; goths only liking goth music etc. For 13 year olds, that is about forming an identity and fitting into a group.

For an adult man it is sad.

Spot on. I love a lot of trad Jacobite songs, but believe that Charlie's head zipped up the back and he would have been a disaster as a monarch. I love Ritchie Blackmore's guitar work, but from what I've heard I'd be hard put to spend five minutes in his company. I like a load of songs by musicians who (from all accounts) are pretty lousy human beings. Unless you already hold a previously formed opinion of a musician prior to hearing one of their songs, you're most likely not going to be dwelling on what kind of person the performer is when hearing a song for the first time.

Yes I know the song goes well with the situation we are in, but it is a embarrassment this is played/sung at Ibrox considering the background of the singer/song writer.

Bob "The Rebel" Marley was a huge Celtic fan who could even recite the 1967 Lisbon Lions team in full.

"Celtic has always been my team. And now it is my son Rohan’s team. He’s only six but he loves Celtic. I can’t tell you how much I envy you having played at Celtic Park.” - Bob Marley

What next? Rod Stewart on at half time for a sing song of maggie may?

You played for the scum?

How do we know he was a septic fan??

Because Dixie Deans (the penalty taker) met him once and Bob Marley told him...... Source - Daily Record.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe that shite you most likely prefer Wikipedia to the Encyclopedia Britannica. The dhims propaganda machine at work again. Dixie met him in the airport bar.............. or was it just a Bob Marley song that was playing. In his drunken stupor Dixie is not quite sure.:craphead:

Some how I don't think Marley supported the parkhead turds,because back then they were one of the most racist as well as bigoted teams in Britain. As for Rod Stewart I must admit I do like some of his music,but he has made some bad decisions in his life and I dont mean supporting his ex-wifes.

Yes I know the song goes well with the situation we are in, but it is a embarrassment this is played/sung at Ibrox considering the background of the singer/song writer.

Bob "The Rebel" Marley was a huge Celtic fan who could even recite the 1967 Lisbon Lions team in full.

"Celtic has always been my team. And now it is my son Rohan’s team. He’s only six but he loves Celtic. I can’t tell you how much I envy you having played at Celtic Park.” - Bob Marley

What next? Rod Stewart on at half time for a sing song of maggie may?

Only here to see The Greatest Team In The World!

Some how I don't think Marley supported the parkhead turds,because back then they were one of the most racist as well as bigoted teams in Britain. As for Rod Stewart I must admit I do like some of his music,but he has made some bad decisions in his life and I dont mean supporting his ex-wifes.

Met him in the Wee Barrel after we skelped The Sheep at Parkhead --- he's a bitter we taig chunt.......... musically his last good song was MaGGIE <mAY.

Suppose it depends how far you want to let football rule your life. I like Bob Marley's music, similarly I think Kevin Bridges is a brilliant comedian.

Couldn't agree more. For instance, Oasis is one of my favorite bands. Noel and Liam Gallagher are known tims. It's all about how seriously you relate other things with Rangers or Scumtic.

• 7 months later...

I see were the op is coming from.

Bob marley is brilliant, as is Kevin bridges but you wouldn't want him doing the half time draw ripping the pish outta of us!

If he is a Tim it shouldn't be played but like many have said, I very much doubt he was!

Great song, keep it!

"Celtic has always been my team. And now it is my son Rohan's team. He's only six but he loves Celtic. I can't tell you how much I envy you having played at Celtic Park." - Bob Marley

God is a Rangers supporter. I'm sure he'll forgive wee Bob.