Rangers testimonials

scarkev

Can anyone remember the last rangers player to get a testimonial with the club? I can remember being at mclarens but can't remember anyone since?

I know footballs changed and nowadays really not many players stay at the same club throughout Europe. Bit of a shame though the way things have went in that regard.,,if I'm right had mcgregor stayed he would be going into his testimonial year.

Does anyone think we will have any of our current lot make it to a testimonial year?

Jig has been with us for 6 years now....if he stays with us through our climb back to the top his testimonial year should be our first year back in the SPL (assuming its still there!). Legend in the making????

Not quite a Rangers testimonial, but I remember being at Goodison in 1997 for Dave Watson's testimonial against Rangers. Everton were complete with new signing Big Duncan Ferguson (still considered a true legend in the blue half of Liverpool).

Although only a testimonial I remember a quote from the local rag at the time said " The travelling Glaswegians, thousands of them, seemed to be treating it as the World Cup Final"

Is there another way of supporting Rangers?? :crabflute:

john greig v scotland , colin jackson v everton , sandy jardine v southampton , tom forsyth v swansea , billy mackay v new zealand , davie cooper v bordeux , ally mccoist v newcastle , scott nisbet v rangers legends , richard gough v arsenal , walter smith v liverpool , ian durrant v sheff wed , ian ferguson v sunderland , alan mclaren v middlesbrough , john brown v anderlecht cant think of any more

Good knowledge lads but who was the most recent?

Would be great to think by starting from the 3rd we can build a young team that will stay together for a long time and maybe get a new generation of players making it to testimonials.

john greig v scotland , colin jackson v everton , sandy jardine v southampton , tom forsyth v swansea , billy mackay v new zealand , davie cooper v bordeux , ally mccoist v newcastle , scott nisbet v rangers legends , richard gough v arsenal , walter smith v liverpool , ian durrant v sheff wed , ian ferguson v sunderland , alan mclaren v middlesbrough , john brown v anderlecht cant think of any more

:praise:

Not quite a Rangers testimonial, but I remember being at Goodison in 1997 for Dave Watson's testimonial against Rangers. Everton were complete with new signing Big Duncan Ferguson (still considered a true legend in the blue half of Liverpool).

Although only a testimonial I remember a quote from the local rag at the time said " The travelling Glaswegians, thousands of them, seemed to be treating it as the World Cup Final"

Is there another way of supporting Rangers?? :crabflute:

Didn't big amo make his debut that day?

I remember Walter smiths testimonial against Liverpool, was my first ever game, was only 3 or 4at the time I think?

Durrant marked a young Micheal owen out the game didn't Ally score for us yo win the game 1-0.

My memory of the game is not great to be honest

Dont want to put a dampener in things lads, but Shagger and Davis must have been close to getting testimonials.

That's what I said in the first post mate this would have been mcgregors testimonial season (assuming its based on being a 1st team player).

His loss...could of went down as a true rangers great. Would love to see jig get one.