Ally McCoist The Manager

Tiebreak54

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck sake, can't folk just stop slating Ally for a bit and at least give him a chance.

Successful managers aren't ones who play beautiful football. Successful managers are those who can build a team to put on the park and win games of football, which leads to winning trophies.

I have full faith in Ally to guide us back to where we want to be and keep us there. You should too.

Think the OP is over the top but FFS we should be stamping our own brand of football against these teams. I'm sick of watching lesser teams that can pass the ball better than us. Why is that? Super has to get this right or Ibrox will be like a morgue for some games. I can accept huffing and puffing against SPL teams and taking the points when you are trying to keep the mhanks down. But we have paid good money in our thousands to support the club during this period. Super has been amazing and his committment is unquestionable, but give us a break. There is no excuses for us to be playing pish football against inferior opposition. We only played well in the 2nd half against the worst team in scottish football, always bottom of the third division. We deserve better and hopefully over the next 10 games we do gte better. Kyle was a pish signing for example. A player who has been brought into mix it up and is suited to our long ball game at the expense of a younger player.

I am not asking you whether you agree with my opinion, I accept I am in the minority. Look at the questions I have asked and consider them, they are all relevant questions.

nobody gives a fuck about your questions

no way are you a gers supporter

This is quite pathetic tbh.

We havent even got into our stride yet and some want rid of Ally.

Jog on.

It os way far too early for this shit.Give it a rest.FFS.

He has been here a year, and it is only my opinion. My post is aimed as those who think he is doing a good job. How and when do we judge him? Are you happy with what you see? Is winning enough?

The position we find ourselves in is unique, we will spend a season playing part time opposition, so how do we properly judge the manager? Winning should be a formality.

He has been here a year, and it is only my opinion. My post is aimed as those who think he is doing a good job. How and when do we judge him? Are you happy with what you see? Is winning enough?

The position we find ourselves in is unique, we will spend a season playing part time opposition, so how do we properly judge the manager? Winning should be a formality.

Thank you caller, now kindly FUCK OFF!!!!

nobody gives a fuck about your questions

no way are you a gers supporter

A look at my posts would clearly indicate that I am. I want the best for my club, I will not accept poor football and a 20th century style of play. Is it wrong to think the manager on purely footballing matters is poor? Fans up and down the country think their managers are useless, its unusual to find the significant majority behind a manager. My position is about moving the club forward, on sentiment Ally would be my manager for life, but sadly life moves on.

McCoist the manager has an absolute shit load to learn.

Accidently rep'd that (google chrome browser doesn't display RM properly). although I don't disagree with what you say.

However. How many of the Ibrox faithful were forced to "eat humble pie" when Super first arrived at Rangers?

I remember the chorus of boo's he got in his early career.

Don't make the same mistake twice. Stand by Brother McCoist.

You will not get a fair argument on here with your points.

We would all love Super to pull it off and have us playing attacking, dynamic football. Worryingly he seems happy to try and close games up, drown the MF (see big Jig tonight) by showing too much respect to very ordinary teams.

I don't think his position will be in any doubt as we will WALK the league. However I would hate to see us doing it at the expense of our entertainment and to the detriment of younger players getting a chance. Far too early to judge but seems to have started where he left off in terms of selection and tactics.

It is time to finally admit what I have thought for a long time. I do not think Ally is anywhere near the standard of manager Rangers require or expect. This is not a knee jerk reaction to the latest guff served up, it is after a year of watching continuous poor and aimless football where we have shown little sign of improvement in any aspect of the game that has led me to this conclusion. The manager has struggled to stamp his philosophy on the team in any tangible way, we play a hopeful brand of football; we hope to win, but have no real idea how to make it happen. It was clear from the outset that for Ally to be successful he had to be his own man, and that meant moving away from the generally dour football Walter had us playing. He has not done that, and I struggle to see any positives in Ally as a manager.It would of course be wrong to not consider and accept that off field matters have impacted heavily on the pitch, but it can not be used to protect Ally from criticism forever, because on purely football matters, he has been average at best.

I fully accept my position on the manager is not a stance echoed by many within the support, but when will people question the manager? Winning at the level we are competing should be a given, and so therefore we are naturally looking for more. So how do we then judge the manager? Is winning enough to keep the fans happy? Does the style of play matter? Has the managers outstanding performance off the field and his rightful position as club legend made it impossible for fans to criticise him? Is this healthy for the club moving forward?

I am not asking you whether you agree with my opinion, I accept I am in the minority. Look at the questions I have asked and consider them, they are all relevant questions.

When we start getting beat; we still judge by winning games as with any footballing manager position; yes; not particularly; no; yes

Ok, now off you go

A look at my posts would clearly indicate that I am. I want the best for my club, I will not accept poor football and a 20th century style of play. Is it wrong to think the manager on purely footballing matters is poor? Fans up and down the country think their managers are useless, its unusual to find the significant majority behind a manager. My position is about moving the club forward, on sentiment Ally would be my manager for life, but sadly life moves on.

we are basically still playing pre season games

you don't have the right to question ally nor do you have the football knowledge to judge him

he will do just fine,don't you worry.

now fuck off

No previous manager has went through this.

He's followed the most successful manager in our history.

He lost most of his squad, and has a month to throw a new one together.

He did not even have the luxury of a pre-season thanks to the fuckwits at the SFA.

Only time will tell what Ally is capable of, and time is what he'll get. He deserves it.

As everyone says, this is the time to bring young guys who will carry this club through the next 10 years and define our style of football. We all want these guys to learn and progress and gain valuable experience while in the lower leagues, so shouldn't the same go for the manager?

Second half of last season one of our greatest ever players was trying to hold this club together FOR FREE! So I think it's only fair that his tenure really starts now. Last season was a right off, learn from the mistakes and move on. Onwards and upwards with Super at the front.

That is a long time in football mate. What have you liked about Ally as a manager on the pitch?

Aye cos Alistair's first year in football management was as straightforward as they come.

Fact is, he's still handicapped, so, in essence, it is impossible for us to judge the man as a manager yet

You know what sometimes when your playing opposition at a lower level it can bring you down to that level.

However I understand exactly what you are trying to say with this post, but let me say you could wipe out half of last season ,Ally McCoist couldnt be judged on last season.

Its utterly impossible after what the Club went through.

He needs at least two full seasons in charge at least and then only then can we judge him.

Some of the Bastards like Whittaker Davis and Naismith along with Lafferty where the same Twats who went missing at the beggining of last season ,and they showed their disloyalty to him.

So lets get of his back ,and allow him to rebuild the Team.

Its quite simple if you dont want to go, and watch it then just dont go but win lose or Draw I will be there following them.