Ally McCoist The Manager

Tiebreak54

Think the OP is over the top but FFS we should be stamping our own brand of football against these teams. I'm sick of watching lesser teams that can pass the ball better than us. Why is that? Super has to get this right or Ibrox will be like a morgue for some games. I can accept huffing and puffing against SPL teams and taking the points when you are trying to keep the mhanks down. But we have paid good money in our thousands to support the club during this period. Super has been amazing and his committment is unquestionable, but give us a break. There is no excuses for us to be playing pish football against inferior opposition. We only played well in the 2nd half against the worst team in scottish football, always bottom of the third division. We deserve better and hopefully over the next 10 games we do gte better. Kyle was a pish signing for example. A player who has been brought into mix it up and is suited to our long ball game at the expense of a younger player.

I agree mate, we should be beating teams while playing nice football.

However, Ally has hardly had a chance to breed his type of football has he? Between Whyte not being the first choice targets, to Administration and then to losing half the squad and needing to build basically a new squad, at least give Ally a chance to get the team he wants, shape it how he wants and gets his philosophy across.

We have been lacking stability for a wee while now and now we have that, we need to build on it.

The second half v ES is what I think we will be getting to see more often. A high pressing game, with McKay running around playing 1-2's and slipping balls through for the strikers, Black slipping the ball about the park as well as MacLeod with the full backs/wing backs pressing forward.

You're never going to see Barcelona-esque football in Scotland or even at Ibrox, but I'm positive we will see more from the team in the coming weeks. Away games may be tougher as teams will set up heavily at the back, as will most teams tbh. This is where it will be difficult for us as a lot of teams are a lot weaker than us and will pack the defence.

Still, I'm happy to give the team time to gel and find their rhythm. We have many good passers in the team, and good options throughout the park. The introduction of a Brazilian defender should be good as we will get to see some passing out of defence now, similar to when he came on on Saturday. We have strikers who can score consistently and pose a good threat in the air and on the ground. We'll be fine.

I also agree with you on Kevin Kyle.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a tactician Ally has his faults sometimes but there is nobody I'd rather have in charge of Rangers.

Ally seems to do well when he has a settled team. Last season we did well from September until Paysmith got injured. It was the same team pretty much week in week out. After the transfer window shuts and Ally knows who he has to work with for the next 16 months, I am confident he will have the team playing well.

This would laughable, if it wasn't so unfunny. Can the guy not be allowed 5 minutes to build a team, what is he supposed to do when almost his entire 1st team squad have deserted or left? Can someone explain that to me? Can someone tell me what the guy is supposed to do given the hand he has been dealt FFS?

He is going to have to build a new team from scratch!!! Are they to be instant world-beaters? Give the guy a fucking break!!!!

I despair.

McCoist was running away with the SPL last year- then his best player was sold and then THE REST....

You know what sometimes when your playing opposition at a lower level it can bring you down to that level.

However I understand exactly what you are trying to say with this post, but let me say you could wipe out half of last season ,Ally McCoist couldnt be judged on last season.

Its utterly impossible after what the Club went through.

He needs at least two full seasons in charge at least and then only then can we judge him.

Some of the Bastards like Whittaker Davis and Naismith along with Lafferty where the same Twats who went missing at the beggining of last season ,and they showed their disloyalty to him.

So lets get of his back ,and allow him to rebuild the Team.

Its quite simple if you dont want to go, and watch it then just dont go but win lose or Draw I will be there following them.

I wish to fuck you would get bigger buttons on your phone mate :lol: :lol:

Fuck me --you edited it before i could post this ---either that or you got bigger buttons :blush:

Everyone always goes on about last season.

The only reason the mhanks won the league last year was when Naismith got injured.

He was playing the best season ever for us. Our team revolved around him and his influence drove the players on.

Everything changed when he got injured.

FairPlay you could argue that one player doesn't make a team.

But if you took Barcelonas best player, messi, out of their team for the second half of the treble season, do you think they would have won?

This would laughable, if it wasn't so unfunny. Can the guy not be allowed 5 minutes to build a team, what is he supposed to do when almost his entire 1st team squad have deserted or left? Can someone explain that to me? Can someone tell me what the guy is supposed to do given the hand he has been dealt FFS?

He is going to have to build a new team from scratch!!! Are they to be instant world-beaters? Give the guy a fucking break!!!!

I despair.

McCoist was running away with the SPL last year- then his best player was sold and then THE REST....

Exactly this.

I love how a lot of these anti-McCoist posters are either relatively new posters, or guys who were nowhere to be seen when we were going through the administartion process. :sherlock:

Your the guys who can do something about that...

I love how a lot of these anti-McCoist posters are either relatively new posters, or guys who were nowhere to be seen when we were going through the administartion process. :sherlock:

This is not an anti McCoist thread, it is a pro Rangers thread. I want the best for my club, and I do not think Ally has shown enough to suggest he is a capable manager. My aim was to get people discussing how we move forward, how do we judge the manager when we are playing part time opposition? The over the top response from the majority on here to reasonable questions suggests that McCoist is not being judged on footballing matters. That for me is unhealthy, in the short term and the long term.

I think it’s far too soon to judge him

Sure his first season exit from the cups early on was not good but by October we were playing some decent football and winning. As much as I hate mentioning his name the injury to Naismith cost us.

But then we went through a horrible time and I doubt many managers would have been able to do any better than Ally did through difficult times

This season he has had what 3 4 weeks to build a team. The football tonight was not pretty fine it’s been a bit messy at times, but with no pre-season games it has to be remembered.

At home we appear to be starting to play and the priority has to be just winning just now build confidence and fitness then progress

So is Ally a great manager? I don’t know should he be given a chance to develop? I would say yes.

At the very least he has till our first year back in the top flight unless he mucks up really bad and fails to get promotion and I don’t see that happening.

Iv not seen anything on the football park that makes me think Ally is going to be a great manager but the way he has acted over the last 6 months means the man deserves to be given some time. No defeats so far so not bad considering we had no preseason. I think your jumping the gun here. Maybe make a judgement after 15-20 games.

Banned for what? I think our manager has not shown enough promise, is that wrong? We are not in China, freedom of speech regardless of whether you agree or disagree should be embraced.

banned for being a shit stirring cunt

our support doesn't need wee fuckin weasels like you(not that i think you support rangers)

This is not an anti McCoist thread, it is a pro Rangers thread. I want the best for my club, and I do not think Ally has shown enough to suggest he is a capable manager. My aim was to get people discussing how we move forward, how do we judge the manager when we are playing part time opposition? The over the top response from the majority on here to reasonable questions suggests that McCoist is not being judged on footballing matters. That for me is unhealthy, in the short term and the long term.

So you being a minority as you say yourself think that you know at this stage whats best for the Team.

I am sorry it is far far too early for this .

Honestely we almost never had a fucking club.

If your not going to back Allly at this Stage then you as an individuall have a choice to make.

This call signe will be cheering, and urgin the Team and management for now until its time to change it .

Then in time he can be judged.

banned for being a shit stirring cunt

our support doesn't need wee fuckin weasels like you(not that i think you support rangers)

Yes because everybody agreeing with one another on every aspect is a fantastic way to live. Many on the thread have considered my points and generally disagreed in a constructive manner. The inability of others to consider the points in a reasonable manner is disappointing.

The thread is titled Ally McCoist: The Manager.

How the hell can it be anything other than an Ally McCoist thread?

<cr> <cr>

untill comeoffit turns it into a Green thread obv. :cgreen: