Ally McCoist The Manager

Tiebreak54

If you plucked the 'Special One' from Madrid and put him in Ally's seat he would not do any better than Ally. Look at the team. No pre season, lack of fitness, players who don't know each other and so on.

Last night's game saw several people playing for the first time or having their first start in a match. They all need a chance & they all got it. Our defence was much better than it has been (KB did not pass well however) and at no time did the First Division team really look like scoring even during that bit of pressure at the start of the second half.

You also have to consider what would actually happen at Ibrox if Mr Green changed the manager. We would be back to all that pre-season nonsense and uncertainty. I'm pretty sure that Ally will get us to Division 1 in 2 seasons and then we will see what he is made of with a team that know how to play together and him with much more experience. Also though we will never know I expect that we would have won the league last year if the team had not been so disturbed by events.

ALLY McCOIST's / BLUE AND WHITE ARMY for a few years yet.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick point, when defending a corner do we need to have all our players in the box. Is there a chance we could leave a player on the half way line so we could get a quick breakaway.

Apart from this I am happy with results and think a better style will come after the team have clicked together.

Several really poor signings

Out of CL in embarrassing fashion

Out of Europa league in embarrassing fashion

Out of cup vs Falkirk's u21 team

Blew a 9/12 point league in the SPL

Constantly plays players out of position - Papac in CM for example :anguish:

Seems to shoehorn more 'experienced' players into the side

Plays big Lee in CM, when he just isn't capable in there

Plays the long ball

Spot on.

He has a lot of changes to make in his management style and he now has some time to do it without too much pressure. Lets see how he gets on first half of season and then we can judge with a clearer picture.

If ever there was a time to change our footballing philosophy it has to be now doesn’t it?

We are at the bottom league in Scotland while still having SPL players and the pick of the bunch at that (Shiels, Black, Jig, Alexander, Sandaza ect.) now in the SPL a win was a win and if it kept us at the top of the table or closer to whoever was 1st the performances were usually overlooked. Now we have a chance to implement a style of play that we can expand on for at least a year without the so called pressure of chasing a CL spot or beating Celt*c to the title.

I’d happily (maybe not the right word…tolerate) a few bad results if the football on show was positive and progressive on a game to game basis, if we can integrate our youth into playing football on the deck then that can only be a good thing when we are back to the top.

The hoof ball up the park may also work but we will still be arguing about the same things in 3-4 years time, it has to be time we embrace this Div 3 ‘chance’ and use it to our benefit.

Jesus

Tell me you're kidding. The whole point of your argument against McCoist is that he isn't winning in style, yet now you are pointing out what we all know, that football is about winning. We are winning. And your complaining. What a mindfuck

Mate, I would be mortified if we werent winning. FFS we have played Brechin, Peterhead, East Stirling and Falkirk. We are still the Glasgow Rangers and I would expect nothing less than victory against these teams. Pre-season or not. All folk are saying is that it would be nice to see us start to play with a bit more flair and why not. We pay good money. There will be no helicopter sunday this season and I expect all games to be a cakewalk as the season goes on. Why should we pay good money to watch a team set out to stifle inferior opposition? Very few ball players and sleeves rolled up and players all ready to gte "stuck in" against a team of part timers? I cat iron guarentee you, many bears will choose to stay in and the interest levels will fall.

Look nobody is asking for Super's head, I havent read one post that states that. The football HAS been grim to watch under Ally, he will never have a better squad in comparison to his opponents and hence a better opportunity to really have us playing entertaining, expansive football while still winning.

I personally wouldnt care if we lost a couple of goals at the back as long as we were making chances and scoring chances. I can understand the fear mentality when the scum were breathing down our necks, but we have that monkey off our backs this season.

This is how wars start, stupid kents saying something knowing they will get a rise out of others

Its just Trolling,made worse as it is after a good result and trying to put a damper on the good mood created by that result.

Here is a point, we had a very good start to the spl last year,gave the scum a going over and were 9 points clear at the top.THEN we started to lose games that we should be winning and we thought WTF. Weeks later we did find out what was going on and the rest is history,my point being we were doing it easy until all of the shite started to happen.Who was in charge? Ally so if all the distractions did not happen who is to say that we would not have won the league at a canter! so ......what was your point again?

Mate, I would be mortified if we werent winning. FFS we have played Brechin, Peterhead, East Stirling and Falkirk. We are still the Glasgow Rangers and I would expect nothing less than victory against these teams. Pre-season or not. All folk are saying is that it would be nice to see us start to play with a bit more flair and why not. We pay good money. There will be no helicopter sunday this season and I expect all games to be a cakewalk as the season goes on. Why should we pay good money to watch a team set out to stifle inferior opposition? Very few ball players and sleeves rolled up and players all ready to gte "stuck in" against a team of part timers? I cat iron guarentee you, many bears will choose to stay in and the interest levels will fall.

Look nobody is asking for Super's head, I havent read one post that states that. The football HAS been grim to watch under Ally, he will never have a better squad in comparison to his opponents and hence a better opportunity to really have us playing entertaining, expansive football while still winning.

I personally wouldnt care if we lost a couple of goals at the back as long as we were making chances and scoring chances. I can understand the fear mentality when the scum were breathing down our necks, but we have that monkey off our backs this season.

We are still in pre-season in relative terms. Give him a few months to get into our stride before you start complaining eh? The man deserves at least that.

Yes, that's torn it. I will never, ever understand how anyone can criticise the UEFA Cup Final run. Where have you been for the last 40 years? We don't get to that many European Finals, you know. Your response to the UEFA Cup run? 'Ihope I never watch R...that's....Rangers, not rangers but Rangers.... persist playing that way again'.

Jog on, taig.

This is one of the first time i have seen you accuse a member of being a taig. That speaks volumes IMHO.

We are still in pre-season in relative terms. Give him a few months to get into our stride before you start complaining eh? The man deserves at least that.

I've said all along the OP is way too early...see where we are after 10-15 games. But after then there is NO excuses not to be playing proper, coherent, entertaining football. We are not playing in La Liga and we are a full time team with current internationals in the third division.

Also TWB why stoop to personally abusing the OP? Of all the posters on here you have taken more personal abuse than anyone. It's the last refuge of the moron and stifles debate. I would have expected better off you tbh.

Everybody loves Super and nobody could hand pick a better manager, he is now the greatest ever Ranger imo. However his tactics and team selection should always be open to criticism. Only on here or FF would criticism of a managers tactics etc get you classed as a taig or personally abused. The whole point of a forum is to air our opinions.

I know plenty of bears who privately have never been fully confident of super's abilities as a manager. I think he will become good as he talks enthusiastically about playing the game the way it should be. Apart from Kyle he has signed footballers and is bringing through youngsters. I just think he has to lose the fear factor. There is no away ground in Scotland we should fear with our current squad and I include the scum in that.

The point though was that the OP went from slating McCoist for not playing a good brand of football to saying that winning was what was important in the space of a few pages. Hugely inconsistent i'm sure you'll agree.

As for the rest, i've said already that we could play a better brand of football. It's half a dozen games into this season though and you can begin by writing off last season due to its remarkable circumstances. I'd also point out that Ally has still never had any of the normal conditions that any Rangers managers in the past 30 years have had. He wasn't allowed to sign the players he was looking for last year and he's now working with a tight budget and having to attract players to the lowest league in the Scottish game. These are all excuses of a sort but I think they are entirely valid if you think about them. We need to give Ally our faith and our backing. He proved at points last year that he was capable of such football and we've shown in our home games this year that we are capable of playing good football too. The away games have been unquestionably sticky but i'm sure that will come with time. People also point towards Kyle as the 'look, he's playing long ball crap' thing, but ignore te fact he's also signed very technical players in Shiels and Black, while introducing the exciting McKay. It's also a team that has barely ever played together. It needs time.

So, yes, i'd love to see better football but i'd only really be getting really worried if a) we were losing games right now or b) we get to January/February and are struggling in the league.

I've said all along the OP is way too early...see where we are after 10-15 games. But after then there is NO excuses not to be playing proper, coherent, entertaining football. We are not playing in La Liga and we are a full time team with current internationals in the third division.

Also TWB why stoop to personally abusing the OP? Of all the posters on here you have taken more personal abuse than anyone. It's the last refuge of the moron and stifles debate. I would have expected better off you tbh.

Everybody loves Super and nobody could hand pick a better manager, he is now the greatest ever Ranger imo. However his tactics and team selection should always be open to criticism. Only on here or FF would criticism of a managers tactics etc get you classed as a taig or personally abused. The whole point of a forum is to air our opinions.

I know plenty of bears who privately have never been fully confident of super's abilities as a manager. I think he will become good as he talks enthusiastically about playing the game the way it should be. Apart from Kyle he has signed footballers and is bringing through youngsters. I just think he has to lose the fear factor. There is no away ground in Scotland we should fear with our current squad and I include the scum in that.

Very good point. That's it though. If we pick up our away performances, I don't think there would be any problems. I think many have been so critical of the OP because of the personal nature of its focus rather than a simple discussion of how we could look to play better football. To be fair to the OP, I think he accepts that it was a bit OTT

Spot on mate (tu)

Our away performances have not improved in around 3-4 years now, we play an entirely different brand of football at Ibrox yet away from home it's dire for the majority of games.

You can’t keep putting that down to lack of pre season, signings ect when we have the best players in the division and are playing against joiners, plumbers and teachers. I have been to Ibrox twice this season and the football on show has been encouraging yet every time we play away the standard drops at an alarming rate, I can’t put my finger on why this is the case but it’s something that has not changed in many a year.

Winning is important yes but so is playing good football, there is absolutely no excuse why in this league we are not maximizing the potential to play a better brand of football.

Really? Ally was manager last season too ... doh

Only time I see you comment is ally threads, although your reigning yourself in somewhat at the moment.

My guess you will be more prominent as time goes on.

Our away performances have not improved in around 3-4 years now, we play an entirely different brand of football at Ibrox yet away from home it's dire for the majority of games.

You can’t keep putting that down to lack of pre season, signings ect when we have the best players in the division and are playing against joiners, plumbers and teachers. I have been to Ibrox twice this season and the football on show has been encouraging yet every time we play away the standard drops at an alarming rate, I can’t put my finger on why this is the case but it’s something that has not changed in many a year.

Winning is important yes but so is playing good football, there is absolutely no excuse why in this league we are not maximizing the potential to play a better brand of football.

So the only problem is our away form then? Encouraging

In football terms yes, or do you think we play the same football at Ibrox?

No that was a genuinely non-sarcastic post. We are half a dozen games into the season, we are undefeated, we have, from what I have seen, played some very decent stuff at Ibrox and our only problem is that we aren't playing as confidently away from home. For me, that is very encouraging and as i've said, what feels like a billion times in this thread already, I think that better away form will come. While its not here, i'm delighted that we are still getting the results