Ally McCoist The Manager

Tiebreak54

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel after a year in charge I would see some sort of structure to his still of play, there has not been one. I like my football played a certain way and Ally has not met my expectations. And they are high, as they always should be amongst the Rangers support. Why the upset over the issue that I do not rate the manager? Its a a perfectly reasonable judgement for a football fan to make. You suggest he needs more time and he probable deserves more time, but from my perspective the signs are not good. I struggle to see anything good in the way we set up, style of play etc.

So you are an impatient cunt then? Thats it I have tried to reason with you on this subject constructevely and its just a waiste of time.

Now I am going to say this to you and there is no nice way to say this so I will say it any how.

Just dont go and watch it then.

The situation Rangers are in, needs all backing ,and if you arent going to back him, just dont be hypocritical and watch it then.

You have a choice make it.

I know its shite to watch You decide.

Now its not conditional for the Loyal Fans who follow Rangers.

We suffer together or not at all for some.

So choose.

We dont need critics coming on at this stage ,dividing opinions its way far too early.

I'd rather win trophies with ugly football than play some of the best football on the planet and win fuck all.

I'm sure if you asked any Arsenal fan they would bite your hand off for even a single trophy.

They are not mutually exclusive. You can play good football and win.

I would rather watch players with legitimate talent then 11 Rangers men with little quality. Football is about winning not misty eyed sentiment, regardless of how well placed your notion may be.

Jesus

Tell me you're kidding. The whole point of your argument against McCoist is that he isn't winning in style, yet now you are pointing out what we all know, that football is about winning. We are winning. And your complaining. What a mindfuck

They are not mutually exclusive. You can play good football and win.

True, I'd love to be able to do both, I'm just saying I'd prefer trophies.

We have proven in the past year that we can play good football under Ally. Even at some points this season as well. It just needs to be more constant.

The next three years for me, if we are actually in these leagues for three years, is a chance to blood some young players in, try and be competitive in cup competitions against SPL teams, and for Ally to get experience as his own man.

Wow you've got it all sorted out!

Give the job to Brian Laudrup, basically another rangers player you like. Now Brian, you know how he likes to play? Oh wait, you don't. He was an exciting winger but for all you know he could be an awful, defence minded pussy of a manager.

As for the fact he's been commentating on football for a few years, if that is the criteria for getting a managers job then, well fuck me, I could just riff off some names really?

Your next problem is that he might not be interested in working in the Scottish third division.

Is he even interested in being a manager?

All this and you suggest he is given 2/3 years to learn his trade while cutting Ally's managerial career off at just over 12 months.

Oh and double training sessions. Right. That'll sort it.

Sorry but that isn't in any way a tangible plan. Frankly, it's kinda laughable.

How an earth am I supposed to know who will take the job? It would appear whoever I suggested would be met with the 'How do you know he will take the job?' response. You asked my opinion and I responded. Again, I have stated that I want a man to bring 21st century football to Ibrox. This can involve job interviews to find the best man. My points are reasonable and rational, some just cannot or will not accept any criticism of the club.

True, I'd love to be able to do both, I'm just saying I'd prefer trophies.

We have proven in the past year that we can play good football under Ally. Even at some points this season as well. It just needs to be more constant.

The next three years for me, if we are actually in these leagues for three years, is a chance to blood some young players in, try and be competitive in cup competitions against SPL teams, and for Ally to get experience as his own man.

What is your gut instinct about Ally as a manager?

I'd rather win trophies with ugly football than play some of the best football on the planet and win fuck all.

I'm sure if you asked any Arsenal fan they would bite your hand off for even a single trophy.

Is it either or? I would rather win trophies playing well, than win trophies playing badly.

Walter Smiths shit playing gers team reached a uefa cup final remember, and delivered success time and again, when everyone doubted us. We cannot expect to have classy technically gifted players to come to our club just yet, however the players he has brought in will do whats important:

Deliver what we demand - and restore us to where we belong

How an earth am I supposed to know who will take the job? It would appear whoever I suggested would be met with the 'How do you know he will take the job?' response. You asked my opinion and I responded. Again, I have stated that I want a man to bring 21st century football to Ibrox. This can involve job interviews to find the best man. My points are reasonable and rationale, some just cannot or will not accept any criticism of the club.

If you suggest our manager isn't good enough I can only assume you have an idea of who would be. The fact that you have clearly picked your candidate because he was a stylish footballer doesn't fill me with much confidence that your OP was anything more than a bit of a tantrum. If you had picked out an excellent young manager who'd relistically lookat taking the job then i'd have some respect for your opinion and I certainly wouldn't fob it off.

I'd suggest that I put my points back across to you and you seem to have got your back up a bit. And that last line, utter garbage. As a set of supporters I don't think i've ever known a crowd more critical of its club. The fact is, you are suggesting we get rid of a man who hasn't lost a competitive game for a decent amount of time. You also seem to willingly neglect the unprecedented circumstances. How does one implement a style of play while losing 20+ players, including all his best players? How does he do it while the club goes into administration and is docked points? How does he do it with a transfer ban coming into place.

I fully agree that we can and at times should play a better brand of football. But I cannot understand such criticism while we are still winning football games. It's simply not the time

What is your gut instinct about Ally as a manager?

My instinct is that Ally will be the manager of this club for the next 10/15 years.

I think he has all the qualities to be a good manager but he's never going to be a Mourinho or a Lippi etc.

If I could change anything then I would like to see him bring in an experienced number 2 at some point. As Souness did with Walter.

My instinct is that Ally will be the manager of this club for the next 10/15 years.

I think he has all the qualities to be a good manager but he's never going to be a Mourinho or a Lippi etc.

If I could change anything then I would like to see him bring in an experienced number 2 at some point. As Souness did with Walter.

this. agreed.

but i think allys knowledge of the game is being hampered with what he has to work with, lippi and mourinho had the money and the backing, Ally has neither and is doing a sterling job

Is it either or? I would rather win trophies playing well, than win trophies playing badly.

No way haha.

I'm just saying I would take trophies winning 1-0 every round than playing the best football in the world and getting put out at the first attempt or finishing second in the league every year.

It's obviously not just a straight choice between winning and playing good football, the ideal situation would be to do both but if one has to be compromised then it would be the good football.

It is time to finally admit what I have thought for a long time. I do not think Ally is anywhere near the standard of manager Rangers require or expect. This is not a knee jerk reaction to the latest guff served up, it is after a year of watching continuous poor and aimless football where we have shown little sign of improvement in any aspect of the game that has led me to this conclusion. The manager has struggled to stamp his philosophy on the team in any tangible way, we play a hopeful brand of football; we hope to win, but have no real idea how to make it happen. It was clear from the outset that for Ally to be successful he had to be his own man, and that meant moving away from the generally dour football Walter had us playing. He has not done that, and I struggle to see any positives in Ally as a manager.It would of course be wrong to not consider and accept that off field matters have impacted heavily on the pitch, but it can not be used to protect Ally from criticism forever, because on purely football matters, he has been average at best.

I fully accept my position on the manager is not a stance echoed by many within the support, but when will people question the manager? Winning at the level we are competing should be a given, and so therefore we are naturally looking for more. So how do we then judge the manager? Is winning enough to keep the fans happy? Does the style of play matter? Has the managers outstanding performance off the field and his rightful position as club legend made it impossible for fans to criticise him? Is this healthy for the club moving forward?

See when we have a positive result like tonight there is always one of these posts that follow it.

Its getting old.

last season we scooshed 2nd place despite going into administration and being deducted 10 points. this season we've had no pre-season games, we only found out what league we would be playing in about a month ago, we are still in the process of rebuilding a decemanted squad, some senior players clearly have their heads elsewhere and we're only 3 games in. you're questioning the manager? you're a fucking nugget.

Se when we have a positive result like tonight there is always one of these posts that follow it.

Its getting old.

I'd have been relatively happy winning 1-0 away to Falkirk in the cup at any point over the last decade.

While I definitely think we can play better football away from home, I think that will come with games. Undefeated

those who walked away arent welcome at the brox anyway, we need true Rangers fans. And if that's what we are left with then all the better.

in truth though, i dont know anyone who has given up their season ticket or not bought the shirts etc, if anything I feel we have been solidified and brought together like never before, we are no longer just a Rangers support, we are now a rangers family.

In the true sense of the word

Se when we have a positive result like tonight there is always one of these posts that follow it.

Its getting old.

It is happening constantly .

We get a Win and its a negative post all the time now.

Same after Saturday, then we had some daft Twat come on and suggest we are all fucking sectarian Bigots.

Its getting fucking tiresome now.