Road to the spl

markybear

298 members have voted

1. 1. Should we......

• Join spl2 when invited
    • Work our way through the leagues the honest way
  2. 2. Would you force Charles green hand to refuse the spl2 invite?

Put us in any form of the SPL, and they will make us suffer Financially..

We will not gain from it , and we all know that.

That may be the case but I would like to see what is on offer. It is the transfer embargo that really sticks in my throat. Scandalous and unlawful, but that is the SFA. I think if we were to be shoehorned into the top flight again with financial restrictions the fans would embrace the situation as always. Imagine the atmosphere at home games? It would be immense. Watching Dundee Utd and Aberdeen crumble in a hostile atmosphere would be joyous. I want it as as possible, particularly while the anger is strong.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That may be the case but I would like to see what is on offer. It is the transfer embargo that really sticks in my throat. Scandalous and unlawful, but that is the SFA. I think if we were to be shoehorned into the top flight again with financial restrictions the fans would embrace the situation as always. Imagine the atmosphere at home games? It would be immense. Watching Dundee Utd and Aberdeen crumble in a hostile atmosphere would be joyous. I want it as as possible, particularly while the anger is strong.

If this is the case then Boycottts of away grounds would be priority and refusel of ticket handling.

I want every one of those Bastards to feel our pain no mercy no compasion.

Rangers must be our first, and only priority.

Fuck the SPL this is opening old wounds, and they must suffer.

If this is the case then Boycottts of away grounds would be priority and refusel of ticket handling.

I want every one of those Bastards to feel our pain no mercy no compasion.

Rangers must be our first, and only priority.

Fuck the SPL this is opening old wounds, and they must suffer.

I agree.

We Get PROPER ATMOSPHERES in the SFL, we have none of the poison and bile and pish that the SPL have. In fact a lot of folks stay away from SPL games cause of that!

Why the hell do we want to give up what we have now? Saturday was as a game should be and EVERYONE enjoyed it.

We should just concentrate on us and work our way up the good old fashioned way, while helping the SFL end this disgusting thing called the SPL!

There would need to be a vote for reconstruction on this convenient solution. In my humble opinion the SFL clubs might just cast a glance in the direction of their leading member to ask for some considered advice. To abandon the current structure for short term gain might punish all of the clubs in all of the divisions who decided, upon advice, that RFC= Public Enemy #1. We accepted entry to the lowest tier, happily and honestly we now ply our trade in this division. Irrespective of which team we face on our road back we will face them with the respect which, so far, they have shown us. I applaud our fans for applauding other teams and their fans. We will make many friends. We are already hearing from opposition players about the thrill of playing at Ibrox in front of 50,000. We will fill their grounds and help their balance sheets whilst earning our place in their folklore. Football as an honest game is being reinvented in our lifetime and you younger Bears are going to live to see a wonderful legacy. Already wee boys are saying to themselves that playing for Rangers might just be within their reach.

To those who fear a chasm opening up in the SPL, it's there already. It was voted for, remember. It was orchestrated for 1 purpose and to propel 1 club towards a destination it could never reach with us as their constant rivals. To progress to any kind of acceptable level is totally outwith the earnings capacity of this club and they will need to sell a player every 6 months to try to maintain momentum. Bye bye Mr Ki!!!

Every year out of the highest league will cost the club millions of pounds in revenue, especially from TV and sponsorship.

Not to mention the fact it will make it increasingly difficult to attract top-class players.

Them's the facts.

However, the final decision will rest with the board. In cold, hard cash terms, it's a no-brainer for them.

Unfortunately. :disappointment:

I actually think the SPL missed a golden opportunity here of claiming the high moral ground (we're so gracious, liberally minded, pish, etc., etc.) by not re-admitting us this time round that WHEN we can climb through the leagues, we can stick their "sporting integrity" up their arses and claim a higher moral ground taller than Everest.

Let's do it the proper way.

We must do this the proper way, and that means working our way up through the divisions. We have no Europe for a few seasons anyway, so the only clubs benefiting from this are the sphell clubs. Charles Green has shown himself to be a man with balls thus far, and i am sure that if the fans clearly make their intentions known then he will tell the sphell to fuck right off. We can then sit back enjoy the ride and watch those bastards struggle and die.We are now the ones holding all the cards for a change! Remember, they tried to kill off our club, and by joining a new set-up we are letting them off with that...NO FUCKING WAY!

I voted to work our way thru -- and ask CG to refuse. Why?

Simples

We -- right now are making a HUGE amount of money/ This year is sorted already + 3 mill or so. F*ck them. WE are the story..... We get back to the 'top flight' -- ie SFL 1 since there will not be a SPL.....

etc etc etc

Stand our ground. No surrender!

GSTQ 00000042.gif

If they try to some how bounce us in to the SPL then Charles Green has the power of refusal. :cgreen: I think his first priority will be stabilising the club then thinking about returning to the top league if the situation is right for him and Rangers. He would extract a high price from them for us joining them. I think he is hacked off by our treatment and may reciprocate some of the unpleasantness we have had thrown at us. :box: I would not be surprised if he said, working through the divisions is what Rangers will do.

Celtic will be weaker next year and find it harder to attract good players. Their stock only increases if we are there to challenge them, Mr Green knows that. This season will be Celtics most financially productive but the longer we are away the more they will weaken. Their fans will reduce, TV money will reduce, big players want a league to show case their talents (if we are not there, then this will not show them against good opposition) if it is not there then they will leave or not join, poorer players means the Euro run is diminished and Celtic will be of a poorer standard with less money to throw around. :lol:

We are debt free, have the time to build a solid squad, out of Europe for 3 years and can spend this time bring forward the talent in the youth squads. I can not see why he would what to go early, either financially or sporting at this moment. The only reason I can think of is, get the club in the top league and then sell it on.

Going through the leagues would be the best way to allow us to rebuild. Although we have a good squad with possibly more to come, I think we would struggle to dominate Celtic the way we have the last 3 seasons, so back into the SPL would be gifting them more money and more chance of winning. We can't go into Europe for 3 years so Celtic go by default. Yes they get CL money IF they qualify. Let's worry about what we can affect and that is SPL money and ticket revenue. I don't want the SPL riding our coat tails any more, let them starve. There will be an SPL when we get back but a weaker one dominated by a weaker Celtic. They're selling players not adding to the squad and I believe Lennon said any money they received was paying off debt. We might not be able to attract top players to SPL when we get back but neither will Celtic but we have 3 years to improve our youth policy and provide our own players ( as starting to show already). If CG does want to take us into SPL we hold the upper hand in negotiations. They NEED us, so CG can squeeze them for everything or we walk away. No further sanctions, no embargo.......

I want to work up the leagues the "sporting integrity" way but I think it might be too good an offer for Green and his investors, in a business sense, to turn down. If he does accept it, I really hope he tells O'Regan where to shove his transfer embargo :cgreen:

Leading on from the spl in 2 yrs thread...

We the rangers fans must unite and ensure that we do not allow our club to skip the sfl queue and join spl2.

I'll give my pennies worth for any pro spl2'ers out there.

It's unfair on all other sfl teams (skipping the promotion queue) to whom we are/should be grateful to for voting us into the sfl.

Sporting integrity must remain paramount in our decision, skipping a division or even 2 shows no integrity.

The spl need us, they made their bed lets hope they die in it.

I for one am looking forward to our journey ahead to the top.

Never forget our enemies, if we can directly or indirectly hurt them, then we must.

Every club in the country had their say about rangers, now it'll be our turn to steer our own future.

If we are invited to the spl2 next yr, how would you prefer our club to get back to the top

If they reconstruct the leagues to SPL1, SPL2, SPL3 next season then promotion from SFL3 this season would put us in SPL2. Or would we say no to our promotion and have another year in bottom tier.

Celtic get weaker because they don't have much in the way of effective competition. They drew against Ross County at the weekend. Of course that isn't the first time this has happened, but if they only have to be better than the second best in the SPL at the moment rather than Rangers, they will have much weaker team when we return.

And Rangers get weaker because we don't have much in the way of effective competition. In fact, at a faster rate. It's just like muscles, the less stress they are put under the flabbier they get. Playing SFL3 teams makes you weaker than playing SPL teams.

We need to be back where we belong ASAP.

If they reconstruct the leagues to SPL1, SPL2, SPL3 next season then promotion from SFL3 this season would put us in SPL2. Or would we say no to our promotion and have another year in bottom tier.

If we get there based purely on sporting merit, that is fine. What I don't want is to jump the queue ahead of a 2nd division or 1st division team.

Charles should tell them no.

It's obvious this whole reconstruction is because they need Rangers.

If he were to say no then they aren't going to reconstruct the leagues. Why would some SPL teams give up extra visits from Celtic in that case and have a team like Morton or Partick Thisltle bring a couple of hundred fans.

Charles and the SFL should form some sort of breakaway from the SPL, it's already been proven that the worldwide interest is Rangers and they team most viewed is Rangers.

We hold the best hand here.