I don't know whether to blame Ally...

ScottBF2

We were playing the long ball game in the first half with Sandaza on and McCulloch in midfield.

McCoist decides to switch it up (quite rightly) and bring on Kyle and Crawford. I was quite happy when I saw Kyle coming on, he'd suit the long ball game really well and win a lot of headers. We moved McCulloch into a more advanced role, playing just off Kyle, but instead of lumping balls up to Kyle we then start passing it along the deck.

Surely Ally can't have decided on that? Surely it was the players taking ownership of the game.

Kevin Kyle = route 1

Sandaza = on the deck

Play to our strengths Ally. Yes, we created a few more chances when Kyle came on and we started moving it about, but we should have been doing that with Fran on the pitch.

Today has just shown we need width in though.

The jury is justifiably out on McCoist the manager but he deserves time & our patience, the true test for him will be when we get back to the SPL as anybody could take us back up the divisions.

Width would be useful but some of the players deserve severe criticism today. Black & McCulloch in particular didn't control the midfield at all & Sandaza was in the pocket of the Berwick defenders (tu)

We were playing the long ball game in the first half with Sandaza on and McCulloch in midfield.

McCoist decides to switch it up (quite rightly) and bring on Kyle and Crawford. I was quite happy when I saw Kyle coming on, he'd suit the long ball game really well and win a lot of headers. We moved McCulloch into a more advanced role, playing just off Kyle, but instead of lumping balls up to Kyle we then start passing it along the deck.

Surely Ally can't have decided on that? Surely it was the players taking ownership of the game.

Kevin Kyle = route 1

Sandaza = on the deck

Play to our strengths Ally. Yes, we created a few more chances when Kyle came on and we started moving it about, but we should have been doing that with Fran on the pitch.

Today has just shown we need width in though.

You must have been watching a different game to me because once Kyle came on the balls just got blooted up to him as much, if not more, than they did when Sandaza was on!

Having someone who can win the ball is one thing but you need pacey players around then to win the knock-downs or at least players on the same wavelength to make the runs forward to get to the flick on! Same for the midfield they need to push up so that they can pick up on the second balls and none of that happened!

Was fukin awful and has been every game we have played this season expect at Ibrox.

Ally is a massive part of the problem.

someone answer me and tell me from what we have seen, what can he do as a manager? what qualities does he have? because I cant think of many. it also worries me now that Charlie Saud he would never sack mccoist.

absolute fucking shambles and people just will not fucking admit it to themselves. ally is a legend. a great leader for the fans and a fantastic person. but he is a shite manager. realise it ffs

I must say our player were that slow the day i thought they must have had caravans strapped to their backs, digusted to be honest we were rank awful we must surely get better or its gonna ve a long long time before we get out of here.

From a managerial sense, McCoist has been woeful ever since he took over. Butters the fans up with his attitude which is bang on, but tactically he is absolutely terrible.

Quoted for truth. He's shown absolutely nothing in job but he does know which buttons to press to get the fans onside. Same goes for Charlie boy Green.

Mccoist needs more time with this new batch of players. Watching the game our lads looked slow, sluggish and pretty shite. No other words to describe it. Can't say players need to gel and say thats the excuse. Everyone knows they need to gel, but the kind of calibre players we've signed should be professional and equiped enough with the skills to beat this team berwick rangers. We had chances but our strikers are shite. Little I leave out, he at least tried and got a goal. Sandaza looked all over the place, had chances but didn't finish. He looked slow as fuck and kevin kyle is worse. Thank fuck he's only one a one year contract. I know he's unfit but come on he's been awful. I dont think kyle has the passion to be a success for rangers he only cares for the pay check. Like he said he was releaved to play for rangers not excited or happy. I've already stated we need at least two wingers left and right, a creative midfielder and a pacy striker. We're to slow for what we are we're the best football club in the world and that's the preformance we give? Hope ally gets some players in quick to sort this out. WatpI

Ultimately it comes down to the management, tacticts aside which we could argue over for a while and will,

I think the biggest thing lacking today was motivation and application,

It was shocking for 90% of the team, but that is McCoists remit as well.

I hate slagging Ally but I heard him near the end of the game shouting at a couple of players to do this and that,

shouting is to big a word for was he was doing he was passing on instructions loudly.

If I was Ally i would have been going fucking beserk at the team. Performance not acceptable,

I asked a mate on the phone after the game to quickly name three decent/commited tackles from a player in a Rangers shirt. There lies the answer. IMO.

Quoted for truth. He's shown absolutely nothing in job but he does know which buttons to press to get the fans onside. Same goes for Charlie boy Green.

One of the most important things I learnt from Bobby Robson is that when you win, you shouldn't assume you are the team, and when you lose, you shouldn't think you are rubbish - Jose Mourinho

Some of our members should adopt this rationale. Overreaction to poor performances & dropped points on here is nearly always hysterical (tu)

WE NEED WIDE PLAYERS,centre backs as full-backs,no wingers,keeper continuously punts the ball up the park,fck even my 12 year old son remarked tactically we are DIRE,get in full backs that can play as an overlapping FULL BACK,get a natural WIDE midfielder,get WIDTH FFS....

I'm not going to blame McCoist for last season, and the jury is, rightly, still out on him for this season.

There were so many outside factors last season that it's incredible we managed to keep going at the end (although we did stutter a few times). Ally can have us playing good football, but he has this season to prove it. It's not going to be a big test, but we need an away win soon.

From a managerial sense, McCoist has been woeful ever since he took over. Butters the fans up with his attitude which is bang on, but tactically he is absolutely terrible.

He doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes. He seems happy playing players out of position and lumping the ball anywhere.

Ally is my favourite all time Ranger and that wont change but it doesn't make him a great manager.

McCoist deserves time as he's been through a horrific set of circumstances in his time as a manager and he's had to sign a new team basically.

That display today was nowhere near good enough, and we need to improve a lot but the people turning on McCoist because of a couple of performances after a ridiculous first season in management need to get a grip. We can be so fickle and reactionary at times. It helps no-one.