What do you blame?

Ace

It appears that Ally is taking the brunt of the blame for our dismal performance today but is it fair ??

On the one hand, you could examine our away perfomances up to now and even look into our performances last season also, some would say that Malmo, Maribor & even Falkirk were a sign of tactical naivety by Ally. We had a 15 point lead with 2 games in hand and managed to slowly throw it away with some dismal displays. Is today just a continued symptom of a wider malaise that began when Ally took over.

Of course, the other argument is that during last season, from Feb 14 onwards the club and it's coaching/playing staff had bigger things on its mind, worrying about thier jobs and careers and the football was affected because of that.

Now we are trying to bed in a team that hasn't played together for long, trying to blend youth and experience, foreign & domestic and all thus without so much as a pre-season game to familiarise. We are, even now, still bleeding experienced players, without suitable replacements.

So, what is to blame, is it the managers fault for his lack tactical nous or have circumstances overtaken our team and they need time to blend or is it just a combination of both making a horrible situation seem worse ??

Mixture of Manager and Players.

The players should be good enough to beat BR irrespective of the clear errors the manager made.

We need to get back to basics, 4 4 2, play players in the right positions.

If players don't show the right attitude or follow instructions drop them, irrespective of who they are. I can understand poor form, occupational hazard.

We need tried and trusted, young guys can get there chance when we are on top.

Ally has my backing. Remember Some of our best seasons have started poorly.

Players attitudes. Today, just like Peterhead, they were disgraceful. Too many don't look interested and too many actually look lazy, whether that is complacency or not i don't know but no way is Ally telling these guys not to try or sending them out to play poorly. The players must take their share of the blame. Sandaza today for example, his attitude and body language was appalling. Bocanegra for weeks now has not been at the races and we all know why. McKay looks lost when things don't go his way. Even MacLeod who has been ok recently looked almost pissed off at something for some reason. These players need to up their game. In saying all that there was some very strange managerial decisions made today but none which should have affected a result between two clubs with such different resources at their disposal.

If by tactics, you mean "no matter where you are, no matter who else is available, just punt the ball up to Sandaza, even though he's surrounded by defenders, and hope we get lucky" then yes, I blame the tactics. :mad:

Edit: Nonetheless, I'm still happy enough with an away draw, and can't wait till Thursday now.

The Manager is to blame, big signs of last seasons disasters creeping in only this time the opposition are worse........Hopefully today will be a turning point for the manager coach & players because our loyal fans deserve a lot better.

We all love McCoist for his dedication to our cause but we should be winning every game in this league.

If our attitude and and gameplan was right, we would.

It is up to McCoist to sort these things.

The first defeat in this league (and it very nearly happened today) and he's in big trouble.

When we go on a losing streak of 3 or 4 in a row in this league, then we can point the finger.

We've had a 5-1 win at home and two draws away. It's not the fucking end of the world ffs.

As said a million times before these wee teams are seeing this as their opportunity to hammer the big guns on their own turf, so the games are going to be more difficult than a lot expect. The squad need to remember this and have respect for them. If they go to these away games expecting it to be a walk in the park they'll get a nasty surprise and I think this is why Ally was angry at the performance.

Indeed we should not be struggling against any of these Teams .

I know every game is a cup tie for them , but we still should be beating these Teams.

A combination of poor Tactics along with no commitment or passion to win ,and we have failure straight away .

Body languagr of some of them was quite evident.

And if any of these guys are not up for this they should just leave.

I am thinking Boca and maybe some others are just looking very very uncomfortable playing away at these grounds.

Ally doesnt help himself by constantly Shoehorning players into different positions.

He struggles to get the best out of them and should be able to change things when things are going against us.

Some of the tactics today where deplorable ,and really it has to stop now.

We have International big money players in there and they are all over the place.

We need more players in , but we need to do extra set piece training defending corners free kicks .

Also more ball work required as some of the first touch and ball control was pathetic today.

Hence the big punt.It has to stop now.