Clarkyyy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boca coming back would be a bad thing?

Blimey.

Don't reckon anything will come of this anyway but id have that classy footballer back in a heartbeat.

It's easy saying that so would I if I am honest however what if Templeton was bought in purely on Boca wages being freed up what will this do to us finacially.... will it have a knock on effect or will we be ok.

Thes are things we really need to think about now we are turning up to Ibrox and the sports direct money is good for merchandise now but I think the lion share of that will be going to keeping Ibrox and Murray park running. If he is back and it falls through I am glad he is here and we need him but if it hurts us financially we simply have to find him another club.

It's easy saying that so would I if I am honest however what if Templeton was bought in purely on Boca wages being freed up what will this do to us finacially.... will it have a knock on effect or will we be ok.

Thes are things we really need to think about now we are turning up to Ibrox and the sports direct money is good for merchandise now but I think the lion share of that will be going to keeping Ibrox and Murray park running. If he is back and it falls through I am glad he is here and we need him but if it hurts us financially we simply have to find him another club.

I think with the Money coming in and the wages saved Boca coming back should not be a Problem in the financial sense, I think its daft the wages he's on playing in the 3rd which is not his fault, but i still think given the money taken in there is something wrong if we cant afford him back.

Fair enough if you think that i see a slow player who's looking his age in the Third Division i think he expected things to be easier.

I do also think his loan will go through.

I try not to base my opinion over 1-2 games but over time and since he came here he has been consistently good and even his below par preformances were not as bad as some would make out and he is a long way from being finished as a player.

I also think his loan will go through.

Of course, this is very true. I guess my bewilderment was put across more to the amateur psychologists who think his head has gone or that he's no good anymore.

Alas, I can't see him being on massive wages but certainly it would add up. If we can't take him back for that reason is fully understand. Just find the notion that he isnt good enough for us know pretty daft

I try not to base my opinion over 1-2 games but over time and since he came here he has been consistently good and even his below par preformances were not as bad as some would make out and he is a long way from being finished as a player.

I also think his loan will go through.

I agree to disagree, bar the last bit regarding the loan which i agree on. (tu)

I think with the Money coming in and the wages saved Boca coming back should not be a Problem in the financial sense, I think its daft the wages he's on playing in the 3rd, but i still think given the money taken in there is something wrong if we cant afford him.

I totally agree,

However, we just do not know if the Boca deal let us sign Templeton or if the money was always their in the first place….

Maybe we were going to sign 4-5 lower profiles players on lower wages but when Boca went, it meant we could go for a bigger signing in Templeton thus using up the entire budget?

We need all the help we can at the back so if he is here I am happy as long as it does not affect the day-to-day running in the club.

Granted Boca never had a fantastic start to the season, but you really can't write him off at this level because of that! I

It also has to be taken into consideration that we were playing 3 at the back at times, and never even had any pre-season games to try this out, so there's no wonder the defence looked shaky.

On the pitch I'd welcome him back with open arms, just as long as it doesn't hurt us off the pitch

Pretty much what I was going to say :sherlock:

The defence does look thin now that Ally didn't get those extra pairs of shoes he wanted. So if it were possible for him to come back and be eligible to play and affordable (a lot of 'ifs' there!) then IMO he would more than help bolster the defence. Suspect though that a solution will be found to the Spanish registration problem.

ps. We should know by now that when football solutions are dished out they don't seem to fall in our favour. And when the SFA is dishing them out, the solutions are constructed to act against us.

I totally agree,

However, we just do not know if the Boca deal let us sign Templeton or if the money was always their in the first place….

Maybe we were going to sign 4-5 lower profiles players on lower wages but when Boca went, it meant we could go for a bigger signing in Templeton thus using up the entire budget?

McCoist had been looking to bring in 4 or 5 players right before the window closed, only got Templeton & Stella. Extra funds should be left over, just a matter of how much.

“I’m not happy with what we did in the transfer window. I said in the last few weeks I’d be happy with four or five bodies.

“But we got two in and one out. So the maths will tell you I’m not happy.

Window pain: McCoist unhappy over deadline-day deals failure - September 3rd, 2012

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/ally-mccoist-is-unhappy-he-only-signed-1299501

Alas, I can't see him being on massive wages but certainly it would add up. If we can't take him back for that reason is fully understand. Just find the notion that he isnt good enough for us know pretty daft

Don't think it would be a stretch to suggest that he is likely the highest paid player in the squad.

Montreal Impact is notably cringeworthy and that's saying something given the rank-rotten names they conjured up.

Chicago Fire :lol:

FFS.

Impact just joined MLS this season, were actually formed prior to MLS' founding and played in USL from 1992 until last season - bad names are not just an MLS thing here.