***The Official Football Manager 13 Thread***

jdocherty72

Probably having the most fun in fm ever with my Woking game. Had a good pre season, didnt need to strengthen my squad as much as i thought, basically bought a new defence. Midfield and Attack is good especially with Subotic and Saric upfront. Been playing a 41212 which has worked out well. Hoping for a mid table finish, i think another Promotion would be unlikely as there are alot of srrong teams that will outspend me. This is my first sesson with money but have only spent 60k and again raiding loans and freebies.

Fair to say my media prediction of 24th was slightly out. 15 games played, 10 wins, 2 draws, 3 defeats, sitting top by a point. Got a decent gap of 6 points to 4th so automatic promotion is looking a possiblility. Still a long way to go!

Secured automatic promotion pretty easily in the end, 2 games left and I'm 17 points clear of the play-offs.

Will need to sort out the defence, conceded 54 goals in the league so far. Can score for fun though, just hammered Cheltenham 8-2 away from home :lol:

Any league 2 signing recommendations? I let too many players go... :D

I signed Tom Walsh and Gasparotto from us for £70k each. Gasparotto goes onto be amazing and Walsh ended up with 28 goals in the league.

Signed Danny Redmond from Wigan for £6k. 4 goals and 14 assists from left-mid.

They were probably my 3 best signings anyway.

anybody suggest a good striker to sign for blackpool , got no money but going to try and sell le fondre for 4 million and philips for 6 ( both are wanted by teams )

so will probably have around 7 million to spend .

currently got le fondre 5 goals , graham 3 goals and carroll 4 goals and im in december

sitting 4th at the moment

1st jan and the board asked me to pick my season expectations seeing as we are doing better than expected , i still picked avoid relegation as there was only £1 million difference in budget between that and top half finish. so got an extra 7.5 million . put it down to 5.5 to allow for wages

2 days later get another 4.5 mill due to increase finances , I'm enjoying my time with blackpool :D !

still selling le fondre and looking for a better striker though , suggestions still welcome

Relegation looking likely this year :lol: 2 points from 5 games. Last 2 games I've gave the other team a 3 goal lead before trying to come back. My defenders are actually not too bad an my focus in training and match preparation is on defending.

I'm fucked.

Signed de Jong from gladbach (sp) for a striker , hopefully he is a decent target man . Cost 16 million .

Can't believe I paid upfront for all my players up until 2 FM's ago :lol: didn't realise the over 12-48 month thing meant less money came of straight away until 2011 !

still in January with Blackpool , Chelsea, spurs and arsenal all want tom ince , been one of my best players though so not for selling , he has a 12.5 million release clause though .

signed vydra , clasie and alderweireld on pre contracts , the latter 2 weren't really keen on coming so i had to give them more than i wanted to

finished 3rd with blackpool in my first season back in charge and my job status was untouchable. 1st of july and no further games played and i'm back to just stable, not happy with that to be honest .

anyway got £23 million budget with aim of a top half finish . sold hanley (sp) for £10 million and my reserve keeper for £7.5. swapped suarez for clyne + 2 million

sold fringe players mckay-steven , eardley , danny graham and a few youngsters

signed - gaston ramirez , benteke , nordveite and a few free youngsters , hopefully get through the group stages of the CL

Season 2 in the PL started with Blackpool . 1st game 1-0 win over hull and then a 2-2 draw away to Norwich . Not the best start but hopefully It will pick up .

Last signing of the summer is lampard on a 1 year deal just for some cover , only wanted 15k a week

2nd season syndrome with blackpool . was sitting 17th after 7 games 1 win , 2 draws and 4 defeats . . 2 draws in the CL games , group of porto , lyon and shakhtar.

just beat wigan away from home and up to 11th with that win , hopefully things will start to pick up from now

Been offered the Burnley job in the Championship but gonna say now. Things are very up and down. Started to find a little patch of form before League 2 Aldershot dominated me in the Johnstone Trophy 1-0. 2nd round aswell, i won it last year, they dominated me start to finish, just couldn't get going.