***The Official Football Manager 13 Thread***

jdocherty72

Having a slight problem since the update. Started a new game with Dortmund and have reached July 7th 2012.

I have a message that says I must assign squad numbers to my Dortmund II squad (in the 3rd divison) however when I click respond I get a note saying my team are not in any competitions that require squad numbering.

The problem is I cannot progress further because it still says I must respond. Does anyone have any suggestions, am I simply missing something basic here.

Thanks in advance

Had somthong similar, had to register for the uefa cup bit had loaned most of my youth so couldn't progress, went on holiday for a day and it was problem sorted

back in the SPL and sit top at the start of november by 7 points. Team is full of young players with at least 3 n a half star potential , a few 4 and a half and 5 star aswell. Signed Tomas Necid at the start of the season as i thought he would be good back up to makombo and it was a free transfer. The guy is a monster! he just destroys all in the SPL.

18 Apps

24 Goals

6 Assists

Avg Rating 8.46

Got a few brazilian regens coming next summer aswell all on 5 star potential and class already

Getting a bit bored now, on my 8th season. Having no luck in Europe hasn't helped. I was approached by about half a dozen EPL teams in Jan but didn't want to leave half way through the season. Blackburn look like going down so I might declare for the job once I've got this season wrapped up. Couple of years down there see if I can get a mediocre team into the top 4 than hopefully back to Rangers for a fresh start. Just occurred to me I've never managed any team but Rangers in any FM game!

started with chelsea.

sold torres for 22 million

signed montoya (rb) bafetimbi gomis ( remember we were linked with him :lol: ) kompany and a few youngsters

3rd in the league unbeaten but 3 draws , spurs top and won every game apart from the one against chelsea 1-1 draw but i really should have won

squad isn't big enough to cope with a game every 3 days at the moment really , would have been good if i could have recalled some of my guys loaned out .

marko marin is outstanding although only getting a game because mata is out for 4 month but he will be staying in the team .

Christ the first six months are difficult.

Berwick put me out the Scottish Cup, Celtic fucked me out the League Cup and sitting 3rd in the league.

There's no getting round it mate. The first season is the biggest challenge. Hard to get players, staff, your finances ebb away very quickly and your saddled with some right donkeys to try and get rid off. But if you do it right from the offset your laughing later on.

There's no getting round it mate. The first season is the biggest challenge. Hard to get players, staff, your finances ebb away very quickly and your saddled with some right donkeys to try and get rid off. But if you do it right from the offset your laughing later on.

I've found a tactic that seems to work, a fluid controlling style of play.

Won the Challenge Cup and comfy at the top of the league now, thankfully.

I was phenomenal in my first season.

Signed John Sutton, Joe Shaughnessy, Michael McGovern and Barry Douglas. Absolutely stomped the league, crashed out of the Challenge Cup and League Cup, but I did win the Scottish Cup (beating Celt*c 4-1 in the final). Sutton was the top goalscorer with 32 goals in 29 league games.

Second season I signed Ryan Gauld, brought in Phil Bardsley, Jake Kean and Chris Herd on loan and they helped me win the league, but I crashed out of all three cups (League Cup and Challenge cup early on, but I was beaten by Kilmarnock in the final of the Scottish Cup).

Third season I signed free transfers mostly, with Luke Freeman, Jose Baxter and Dean Furman all coming in to boost the squad. I won the First Division, the Challenge Cup (first time in our history!) and the Scottish Cup, giving me European football to look forward to the season after.

Luke Freeman was the success story of the season, coming in as a free transfer and then leaving for £7.5m the next season for Swansea. John Sutton scored over 50 goals in all competitions and just keeps banging them in.

I'm getting up to midway through the fourth season and I'm struggling badly in europe. The team just isn't strong enough despite me signing a lot of good players, including a few regens.

Luca Gasparotto and Seb Faure are cracking CB's and Joe Shaughnessy is regularly duelling with Luca for the second CB spot. Lewis McLeod is the best midfielder I have, but he's always injured and I've just brought Calum Gallagher back from loan (he'd scored 40 goals in his first two seasons) and I hope he'll be able to get a few goals in the SPL.

in january in my chelsea game . i was in march then my game crashed and i had signed sharaawy , kinda glad it crashed because he wasnt doing well and cost £35 million ( milan wanted 75)

2nd chance and i signed isco instead and also sold ba for £18 million and signed ballotelli for 25 .

sitting 2nd behind spurs , still only lost 1 game but drawn 6 . best defence in the league and best attack . got a united.spurs double header coming up so if i get 6 point i should be top of the league . zenit in the CL as well

Chelsea game crashed again ! Think it might be time for a new laptop !

So back at the 26th of jan and need a young winger with potential . Any suggestions ? El sharaawy always seems to play shit for me and I'm struggling to find anyone else I like the look of

You should save it every couple of weeks in the game.

Why won't my scouts search the entire world in Division Two?

Is it a budget thing?

Yeah if you don't have much money the scouting is restricted. My Rangers save I am in the 1st division with £11m in the bank but still restricted to only scouting Europe.