Charles Green live on BBC radio

trueblueal

I believe the nappy rippers an the sheep are 2 clubs that used them and also Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) could be a third.

I know for a fact it's not Hearts (SFL3 feeder club), as they used and may still use ................DWT................................delayed wages trustsbiggrin.gif

Well it is a Monday morning blush.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

EBT's were not illegal---we are not being accused of whether we had them or not ---it is the way they were implemented -i.e. as a dual contract that is being investigated ---just thought i'd try and clear up the confusion that seems to be rife on here

I've heard this view a hundred times mate - which i believe is a method to seperate the spl view from the hmrc view. But it is b.shit mate. What would the hmrc be looking for - yes, the very same thing, which they haven't found.

But then as I was driving at about 8.45 the BBC Scotland guy who interview CG rolls out.....yep you guessed it, Rangers hater speirs who baisically says green is wrong, the SPL do have the right and bla bla bla......also said CG is just playing to he gallery, Please can we barr this publicity seeking golf show presenter from Ibrox. We dont need or want him there, him and loads more Barr the please !! People like him dont deaerve to be at our great stadium following our amazing fight back to the top......

- Rangers chief executive Charles Green claims "more than two" Scottish Premier League clubs have used employee benefits trusts.

The Ibrox club's use of the scheme is the subject of an SPL investigation into payments to players.

Celtic confirmed earlier this year they established one EBT in 2005.

Green would "rather not say" which other clubs he was aware of that had used EBTs, but added: "I have put my hand up and they should do the same."

The SPL will on Tuesday have an initial meeting of the commission to investigate the club's alleged use of dual contracts during the period EBTs were operated by the company that formerly ran Rangers.

The league has more than a dozen sanctions, including stripping Rangers of league titles, at its disposal should it be decided that the club broke rules about side payments.

However, no-one from Rangers will attend the meeting, with Green insisting on Monday that "neither the SPL, nor its commission, has any legal power or authority over the club because it is not in the SPL".

And, speaking to BBC Radio Scotland's Good Morning Scotland programme, Green contended: "There is no-one to stand in front of them, this should have been done when the SPL had jurisdiction, and they didn't do it.

"You are allowed to have an EBT, you have to disclose it, and of course there is a whole raft of information that when these EBTs were being used they were disclosed.

"They were in the accounts, it's public knowledge, Rangers were a public company, you can go on the internet and see the disclosures."

Rangers, who were relaunched by Green's consortium after the former incarnation could not be saved from liquidation, were placed in the Scottish Third Division after Green's bid to take over the SPL share previously owned by the club was rejected.

And Green has suggested the Ibrox side may not seek re-entry to the top flight, should they be successful in progressing to and winning the First Division.

"Unless the SPL welcome us with open arms why would we go back there," he added.

"Ten clubs voted Rangers out of that league, what makes you think they would want Rangers back in.

"It begs the question will the league still be there in three years' time."

Share this

Related to this story:

Rangers boycott SPL commission (10 Sep 12 | Rangers)

SPL commission into Gers to meet (07 Sep 12 | Rangers)

Well do you think we will be back in the SPL.

Well Celtic are one of them since they admitted they used one and did not declare it to the SPL/SFA

This is what I can't understand.

Rangers treat EBTs as loans therefore not contractual payments therefore they don't need to be declared to SPL.

Celtic paid tax on their EBT - therefore it no longer was an EBT - therefore it is a contractual payment. Was the payment declared? I don't know - but if they originally treated it as an EBT they would have been taking the line it was a loan and not need declaring. The fact they paid tax on it later lands them in even more shit than Rangers IMO.

This is what I can't understand.

Rangers treat EBTs as loans therefore not contractual payments therefore they don't need to be declared to SPL.

Celtic paid tax on their EBT - therefore it no longer was an EBT - therefore it is a contractual payment. Was the payment declared? I don't know - but if they originally treated it as an EBT they would have been taking the line it was a loan and not need declaring. The fact they paid tax on it later lands them in even more shit than Rangers IMO.

But did they win anything that year? After all, this is all a ruse to get their filthy lecherous hands on our titles.

Charlie making threats ..........

www.newsnow.co.uk/A/597973225?-11344

And Green has suggested the Ibrox side may not seek re-entry to the top flight, should they be successful in progressing to and winning the First Division.

"Unless the SPL welcome us with open arms why would we go back there," he added.

"Ten clubs voted Rangers out of that league, what makes you think they would want Rangers back in.

"It begs the question will the league still be there in three years' time."

Just love this Guy:

He said when asked by the interviewer if he would attend hearing in the future “ why would I it has nothing to do with me! You may as well attend if you have time; why don't you pop round! as it is as much to do with you as me! :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19556304?

:uk:

But then as I was driving at about 8.45 the BBC Scotland guy who interview CG rolls out.....yep you guessed it, Rangers hater speirs who baisically says green is wrong, the SPL do have the right and bla bla bla......also said CG is just playing to he gallery, Please can we barr this publicity seeking golf show presenter from Ibrox. We dont need or want him there, him and loads more Barr the please !! People like him dont deaerve to be at our great stadium following our amazing fight back to the top......

Does he still go to Ibrox as a press guy? I thought he got sacked from his paper?

harles Green was live on BBC R1 this morning, "I've not got time to waste at Mickey Mouse events." (referring to the SPL's commission) He also says more than 2 clubs in the SPL have used EBTs.

I know this has been mentioned on here as i've saw a few people guessing at whole the clubs are.I think he should just come out and tell us who they are if he knows who they are?

Charlies interview was brilliant.

It's about time the club stood up, drew a line in the sand and said enough is enough.

Frankly, if he'd said something like that when the SPL vote was imminent, they would never have voted us out.

However, he has now took us to Defcon 1 and fired off a pre-emptive strike on the SPL's enquiry.

They now know for certain they face a stark choice. Drop any attempt to take titles or destroy what little is left of scottish football.

Charlies interview was brilliant.

It's about time the club stood up, drew a line in the sand and said enough is enough.

Frankly, if he'd said something like that when the SPL vote was imminent, they would never have voted us out.

However, he has now took us to Defcon 1 and fired off a pre-emptive strike on the SPL's enquiry.

They now know for certain they face a stark choice. Drop any attempt to take titles or destroy what little is left of scottish football.

Stupid cunts will be bankrupted, this still wouldn't be a big enough deterrent for them to think wisely.

Green does himself a disservice when he says he hasn't been listening to the fans, he has been...intently...

I think wae some of the things he comes out with sometimes he must be on here some nights,, remember his we dig at the uniforms? only a day or so after we where all taking the piss out of it on here lol

I think wae some of the things he comes out with sometimes he must be on here some nights,, remember his we dig at the uniforms? only a day or so after we where all taking the piss out of it on here lol

Either that or being fed a line or two....

Fair play to him he is fulfilling what I imagine to be his remit very well.

EBT's were not illegal---we are not being accused of whether we had them or not ---it is the way they were implemented -i.e. as a dual contract that is being investigated ---just thought i'd try and clear up the confusion that seems to be rife on here

it's amazing how often this needs to be explained.