Message of Support

scottyc06

good statement and RIP

but

damage was done by a few on here on the other thread Devlin springs too mind.

Scousers down here clocked the thread.

some of the stuff was terrible on that thread can't believe any bear would write it, if anyone said that to me about Ibrox i would smash their face in.

good statement and RIP

but

some of the stuff was terrible on that thread can't believe any bear would write it, if anyone said that to me about Ibrox i would smash their face in.

Missed that one, shocking behavior!!

is the thread in question still up?

good statement and RIP

but

As previously stated, Devlin can fuck off (tu) he's just a stupid wee boy!

With this announcement of the report it made me think among other things that it might be good if Rangers and Liverpool were to hold a match one year at Ibrox on the 2nd January and the following year on 15th of april to commemorate the tragic loss of life in the disasters of each club.

To those so tragically lost but will never be forgotten R.I.P.

With this announcement of the report it made me think among other things that it might be good if Rangers and Liverpool were to hold a match one year at Ibrox on the 2nd January and the following year on 15th of april to commemorate the tragic loss of life in the disasters of each club.

Agreed, my dad was at Ibrox on that fateful day in 1971. The family moved to Liverpool and I ended up following both teams. I was at Hillsborough in 1989 so both tragedies are close to the family. RIP 66, RIP 96. RFC/LFC.

I'd urge any Liverpool fan reading that to know for certain that does not reflect the position of our club or the vast majority of our support. How anyone, let alone supposed Rangers fans, could come out with some their utterly disgusting bile on this subject is beyond me, and the fact that we have shared a similar tragedy at our club makes it all the more bewildering.

I sincerely hope that anyone making such comments never has the heartache of a loved one going to watch a football match and not returning home.

Hopefully this may bring a bit of comfort and peace to the families of those who were lost, some of the actions carried out by the people we pay to supposedly serve us are some of the most shameful I have ever heard of.

An event like this transcends footballing rivalry; a tragic event on so many different levels.

RIP

JFT 96

I'd urge any Liverpool fan reading that to know for certain that does not reflect the position of our club or the vast majority of our support. How anyone, let alone supposed Rangers fans, could come out with some their utterly disgusting bile on this subject is beyond me, and the fact that we have shared a similar tragedy at our club makes it all the more bewildering.

I sincerely hope that anyone making such comments never has the heartache of a loved one going to watch a football match and not returning home.

Hopefully this may bring a bit of comfort and peace to the families of those who were lost, some of the actions carried out by the people we pay to supposedly serve us are some of the most shameful I have ever heard of.

An event like this transcends footballing rivalry; a tragic event on so many different levels.

RIP

JFT 96

As a supporter of both RFC and LFC ( what will I do if we ever have a competitive match!) I can assure you that the LFC support will take no notice of the bile spouted by one or two half wits. Massive support for Rangers in Liverpool, check out any pub on Old Firm Day ( not that I want to mention them!)

good statement and RIP

but

Was a shocking thread, couldn't believe the lies were believed and repeated. The truth is out now, and its a bittersweet truth as the 96 are now on the road to justice, however, to see how far the cover up went was appalling. JFT96.

I am delighted that the Hillsborough families have finally received the news that their lost loved ones have been vindicated.

I remember we played St Johnstone in the Cup semi final at Parkhead on that same afternoon. I was in the west end area which was terraced and I remember an almighty crush situation which took place.

I managed to get to the back of the terraces and watched as police officers started to lift young people over the wall onto the track and went to move them onto the track only for a couple of senior police officers to arrive and berate the junior officers before attempting to force the fans back to the area from where they had been removed.

It was only the derision of the crowd in that part of the ground that eventually persuaded these clowns that we had a potentially serious crush situation ongoing and remedial action then followed. There is coverage via You Tube but I don't know how to post the link.

I remember being so relieved to get out of that ground unscathed and when I got to my car and heard about the Hillsborough incident my blood ran cold.

I also recall a letter in the following Monday's Herald which was extremely critical of the conduct of the senior police officers' actions.Fortunately because there was no fencing the situation did not end in a catastrophe that afternoon.

What happened at Hillsborough that fateful day was a disaster. The cover up which followed was and remains culpable in the extreme.

God rest the 66 and the 96.

It's a very laudable suggestion but unlikely to happen due to league/cup fixture commitments. Perhaps an annual pre-season match between both clubs with alternate venues and the funds raised going to charity might be a more achievable aim.

Good on you for the idea though

I am delighted that the Hillsborough families have finally received the news that their lost loved ones have been vindicated.

I remember we played St Johnstone in the Cup semi final at Parkhead on that same afternoon. I was in the west end area which was terraced and I remember an almighty crush situation which took place.

I managed to get to the back of the terraces and watched as police officers started to lift young people over the wall onto the track and went to move them onto the track only for a couple of senior police officers to arrive and berate the junior officers before attempting to force the fans back to the area from where they had been removed.

It was only the derision of the crowd in that part of the ground that eventually persuaded these clowns that we had a potentially serious crush situation ongoing and remedial action then followed. There is coverage via You Tube but I don't know how to post the link.

I remember being so relieved to get out of that ground unscathed and when I got to my car and heard about the Hillsborough incident my blood ran cold.

I also recall a letter in the following Monday's Herald which was extremely critical of the conduct of the senior police officers' actions.Fortunately because there was no fencing the situation did not end in a catastrophe that afternoon.

What happened at Hillsborough that fateful day was a disaster. The cover up which followed was and remains culpable in the extreme.

God rest the 66 and the 96.

Just read your post mate and we had similar thoughts and experiences of that fateful day in 89 as I posted on other thread .Hope Liverpools lost 96 are looking down from heaven with a smile that justice may finally get done for there memory

Devlin can fuck off (tu)

Fuck you you moron. You take his drivel for fact, why the fuck would i not like this statement. You probably haven't read the thread he's getting this idea from and if you have there's no way you would agree with that.

Unbelievable that is has taken long for the truth to come out.

I have to say I really admire the families who have never given up the fight and refused to lie down as they were fucked over time and time again. Nothing can take the pain away, but at least they know the truth has prevailed.

RIP those who died, and a toast to the families who stood firm all this time.