winning Div3

CHAMPS4LIFE

I posted about this a few weeks ago after another of our away draws.

I do expect us to win a fair no of our away games once the team learns to deal with wee pitches with dodgy surfaces, criminal tackles and bad referees.

We are unbeaten and only 1 point off the top given our goal difference. By November we are very likely to be top of the 3rd division & starting to stretch our lead.

Shame all the away grounds are not like Hampden :)

Actually if anyone bothered to look at the league, we are in a better position now that we were at 3 oclock, we have no god given right to win every game and the sooner people realise that this is going to be a struggle the better

This

Some of the knee-jerk on here is frightening, although it's partly timposters.

As far as I can see our problems away from home are easily identifiable and nothing to worry about long term.

High balls when the CB's are more physical than your forward line - Not going to work.

If the wind's in your favour - Hit a dig, not a cross to no-one.

Tackling needs to be harder to assert our dominance in the game.

The logic has to try and be to pick a pass for a running teammate or to pass the ball quickly round them, not backwards trying to pull out a team that's set up to play 11 men behind the ball.

Shots outside the box - I touched on it previously with regards to the wind BUT in general we don't shoot outside the box YET repeatedly try and walk it into the net when there's 10 guys within 25 yards of their own net. It's been a problem for years but teams have used it against us to great effect (think panathanikous europe 3-0) and we (with the players we have) should be able to hit a fucking dig and test a 3rd Division keeper!

so training at murray park should`t we make the playing surface smaller and pack the defensive area full of players to highlight what were up against in this division ???

We will win the league, not in the slightest bit concerned. If for some ridiculous reason we did not win the league, then I am sure we would go up via a play-off. Although I have no idea how they actually work or where you have to finish to qualify. Regardless, its a formality.

Before the league campaign started I had thought about our chances of getting 100 points. It didn't seem that outlandish. Obviously I am more realistic now, as two more draws, or one defeat stops that dream.

I still think we will win the league by a large margin and am of the opinin that we will score over 100 league goals. Which would be a division 3 record.

I really don't understand the panic from some posters here.

Didn't Gretna score 130 goals?! ..

Before the league campaign started I had thought about our chances of getting 100 points. It didn't seem that outlandish. Obviously I am more realistic now, as two more draws, or one defeat stops that dream.

I still think we will win the league by a large margin and am of the opinin that we will score over 100 league goals. Which would be a division 3 record.

I really don't understand the panic from some posters here.

Season 2004-05 they scored 130. So over 100 won't be a division 3 record. 131 will be though :).

The difference between our home and away form is spectacular to say the least! Is it a question of motivation at these grounds? Who knows? Ally doesn't -- but I don't blame him -- yet. But he clock is ticking on getting it sorted.

It truly is an enigma. Of course we'll win the division -- and hopefully go unbeaten in the process. Away form has everyone baffled... That s the only thing I'm sure of :-)

Give the team a chance to gel, we've had no pre-season. Yeah, we should be winning most, if not every game, but once we click we'll be fine!

Since the season has started we've pretty much had the same starting 11 in every game and we've had more games since our season has started than we probably would have got in pre-season.

We've got players in there that would easily be challenging for the SPL, there's no excuse for still not having an away win recorded in mid-September.

Needing time to gel is a warn-out, lazy excuse.