FInally, a reporter putting it in Black and White

Arfuf Phuxache

To be be fair, though, we've already been punished.

Indeed but he has had articles looking for more........just recently he has changed and as I said ..............he loves the limelight and will always switch and cause controversy . He is also weel know for being the plaything of certain football people and people close to Rangers past and present.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its still a fair piece, maybe it will catch on

Wouldn't hold my breath.

Traynor in his time at the Herald was a excellent writer, but has "dumbed down" since joining the Record. he now courts controversy to get a reaction from his dwindling band of readers.

Now, however, the SPL, or their lawyers, Harper Macleod, have found something wrong but are we saying Rangers should have titles taken away because of a technicality or the SPL’s own incompetence?

Rangers should appoint a independent panel to investigate the spl.

And are the skint spl paying for their investigation, or is it liewell.

A lot of twist and turns to go.

Reading through the comments at the foot of the article, you would think the mhanky obsessed had a concerted campaign to undermine any fair-minded article on Rangers. Nine pages of comments, the majority by them and any retort filed by bear is voted down.

I don't know what's more frightening, the extent of their obsession or the reluctance of Rangers fans to defend ourselves and our club.

He'll be back to being a tim next week if he doesn't produce another article that shines favourably on us.

As I've said 100 times, Traynor has no axe to grind with our club. Far from it.

Sorry mate meant to positive rep this, can someone even it up for me? I'll chuck you one on another post too (tu)

Met Traynor before and he's definitely not a Tim, and has nothing at all against our club. He's as impartial as he needs to be and this article proves it really.

Other aspects aside, this is a great article and I'm grateful that Traynor has written it. I'm also glad to see that it's been published in the Record.

This is, after all, what we want- our thoughts making it into the media to redress the accepted agenda.

The article has a lot of overlap with stuff I've written over the last week and some of Chris Graham's work. I think he's checking out our sites now. Some of those arguments were spot on.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=238170

http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=936:consequences-anti-rangers-propaganda&catid=101:club&Itemid=529

Reading through the comments at the foot of the article, you would think the mhanky obsessed had a concerted campaign to undermine any fair-minded article on Rangers. Nine pages of comments, the majority by them and any retort filed by bear is voted down.

I don't know what's more frightening, the extent of their obsession or the reluctance of Rangers fans to defend ourselves and our club.

I agree with this. I genuinely believe some of them spend more time following Rangers than their own mhanky team!

As for defendeing the comments, you have to sign up to the Records web site to to leave your own comments which I'm not going to do and also their hate filled rants speak for themselves. They reveal their own stupidity without us having to do anything and as always Rangers will never stoop to their level.

It is 1 article lets see if more come out before we think the tide is turning.

Our main weapons are the cash in our pockets and crowds turning up at Ibrox. If we chose where to spend our money wisely and the crowds keep coming, then they will have to write about us. I don’t think we should be angrily arguing with Septic fans or others on message boards as their bile and venom shows them up. We stick to what works, supporting the club and telling the truth without becoming angry as they want us in a slangging match and then they will turn round and call us bigots but ignore the stuff they have been puking out. Lets keep our powder dry and remember this is still part of a long game.

Don't underestimate how massively important it is that we have someone in the MSM who is willing to start stating facts and start asking the questions we want asked. Although I dont agree with everything he has to say it has mainly been Traynor's articles over the last few months that have defended us. Who else in a similar position has came out like this? Nobody!! So lets give him the credit he deserves.

Well said Jim Traynor!!! You will have the scum and the rest of the haters frothing at the mouth with telling them THE FACTS ( Something they never really want to face). The whole "investigation" is a disgrace!! It's founded on bigotry, jealousy and hatred and the rest of Scottish football know it.

First and foremost he's a journalist paid to sell newspapers and to be sufficiently outspoken on radio to keep people listening to the BBC's football programmes. So he writes and speaks whatever suits him to write and speak within the bounds of whatever passes for editorial control in his newspaper and on the BBC. So anything I read from him or hear from him I do so with caution and a fair dose of scepticism because his job is simply to sell papers and boost radio ratings.

Bridge building? I don't believe newspapers or journalists build bridges. That would be much too boring for them. They much prefer the drama of flames and the crashing of metal into the river below. That is what sells newspapers. So what more could he have done to convince this sceptic about his intentions? Well:

(1) say outright in plain terms that enough is enough and that if it is not abandoned now then nothing short of the resignations of the CEO's of the SPL and SFA and their senior management teams will be demanded by him and his newspaper; and

(2) state plainly that what is going on is indeed an anti-Rangers agenda. And demand that if there are any fair minded leaders of Scottish football clubs who have had enough of all this and who want immediate reform which includes steps to eliminate the anti-Rangers agenda then get up to the podium now and speak out because the longer you leave it the inescapable conclusion is that you (club owners / chairman) all want this to continue and are actually very happy to see Rangers treated this way.

The only job of a journalist is to get a job as a journalist. If on the way they sometimes happen to write something that might be balanced and useful and it still gets the job of being a journalist done then that's what they do. The truth and factual accuracy is only one way of looking at things and that does not always sell newspapers or keep radio audiences. And he knows this.

People on here moan about the press having an agenda against the club and then when someone does write a favourable article about us they moan about their motives.

Yep, complete and utter catch-22 which some seem happy to keep peddling.

Really don't get the hate/ill feeling towards him over this.