Argyriou (the Greek guy)

BEE

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know why it's written like that, because the γ in greek is not a y it is gamma and therefore a g, but is pronounced like gh in ghost but extending. It's hard to explain.

"The Greek Dude" will suffice.. lol

I'm sure Tom Miller will come up with a good nickname for him soon enough..

I am reading conflicting reports here. I was at the match as well and positive he was playing right back and it was the French lad Faure who played right mid, and i dont think he had his best match, Faure that is.

Argy is a good bit bigger than Faure, and while on Tuesday Faure started rightback, he was terrible in that position but Argy is a far better player in that position.

I am reading conflicting reports here. I was at the match as well and positive he was playing right back and it was the French lad Faure who played right mid, and i dont think he had his best match, Faure that is.

Argy is a good bit bigger than Faure, and while on Tuesday Faure started rightback, he was terrible in that position but Argy is a far better player in that position.

Faure was at right back wearing 7, Argy was wearing 2 and was in midfield.

Good player. Has grown in confidence ever since his debut. Was gutted for him hitting the post with his penalty on Tuesday but thankfully he just got on with it today and put it behind him.

I'm sure he'll be here for a long while. One of Ally's better signings this summer.

Not his best game today but I've been impressed with him so far. He was unlucky to not get on the end of a few crosses at the back post today.

I like the idea of him at right mid because it lets us change between a 442 and 352/532 because Faure is a natural centre back.

I think he had a good game. He's been good for us apart from his penalty miss. He's shown that he can do a good job for our team and I look forward to continue to watch him play. He still has a couple errors in his game but that comes down to getting used to playing week in week out with the team.

Only Cribari and Sandaza are really worrying of our new signings IMO.

Guy works hard and positional sense seems spot on.

We really need a bit of 'steel' in midfield. Young McLeod looks very good but needs a few hours in the gym. Even Black is getting pushed off the ball. All of this puts undue pressure on the defense. A defense that is still struggling.

Only Cribari and Sandaza are really worrying of our new signings IMO.

The only thing I can criticise Cribari on is his pace, apart from that he looks a solid centre back with a good passing range.

Sandaza has looked pish though.

Ο Ανέστης Αργυρίου

In greeklish Anestis Argeriou

Phonetic - An es tees (emphasise the es). Are gh (sort of a like our ch in loch) err ee oo. emphasis on the ee

I never could understand that fife dialect...

:sherlock: