Charles Green -4 months on

scarkev

Like many I was pretty skeptical of Green and his group at first, which after Whyte I think was understandable. I didn't jump on the bandwagon either for or against him but I could see both opinions on it.

I don't think we will be able to judge him properly until his job is over but so far I have been more than impressed. He seems to be a very hard working guy who in a very short period of time has done a lot.

In that time he has secured a multi million pound deal to distribute our merchandise, acquired a new shirt manufacturer in Adidas, met with Murray to secure Edminton house (ticketing/corporate use??), met with fans groups and tried to tap into our fantastic support over in Ireland and the states and seems to be taking on board what we as fans want as well as supporting ally in getting guys like Templeton in.

On top of that with his statements and stance against the SPL/SFA he has showed he is no pushover and is willing to stand up for our club. Another thing I have been really impressed with is that the little digs and slander against us are no longer being ignored. In the past few weeks the Falkirk stadium announcer, the Stirling Albion executive and now the BBC have been pulled up for there digs and he has shown we are no longer going to take all the shit thrown at us without biting back!!

I don't know if there are many chief executives who work as hard as he does...as I say the time to judge his tenure is not now but I have been more than impressed so far...does anyone still doubt his motives? What do you think of his work so far?

I think the main reason for doubts is the carryon with CW. If DM had sold to CG then I dont think there would be any doubts, I think everyone is wary after what happened with that cunt Whyte.

But CG has not done much wrong at all, infact I am delighted so far with his whole attitude, he seems to take no shite from no one, and its a pleasant change to see someone standing up for Rangers for once. Its been a long time coming.

:cgreen:

:praise: :praise: :praise:

He is doing and saying just about everything right at the moment, and some of his comments have been brilliant (his PR people obviously know what they are doing). He has also stood up for the club like nobody else in the last 10 years for us.

However we need to remember that he is ultimately here to make himself and any investors money in the medium-long term. While I have no problem with him doing that we need to make sure that the club is left in a healthy state when this does happen and that the best interests of the club and fans are looked after.

Once he cottoned on how things are played up here he now knows how to play back,but theres a couple of issues i would like him to clear up,who employed him to become the CEO? Dont need to know everybody but a few would certainly pass that little doubt.

Plus i dont think he's been hard enough with the media(face to face)anyway. ie because of the BBC antics the other night i would like them banned permantely including tv and radio(if possible) then if not no interviews for them at all.

Until they publicly on tv apoligise they get nothing from Rangers,i would also extend that to any other media outlets.

Keeps it simple imho. Does what he says he will do. What a concept!

Pretty sure he's loving all of this.. Looks like a guy that enjoys a challenge. Amazed he took the time to go to North America as well. Nothing is getting overlooked.

I was skeptical as well. Won me over some time ago. 00000042.gif

For those old enough to remember him, Green reminds me a bit of 'H. Ross Perot' the billionaire businessman from Texas.

Perot was famous for his quotes and his direct approach to business - he also knew his 'audience'.

I like Green and if he is one-quarter as successful as Perot then we have a bright future ahead.

Two quotes from Perot

If you see a snake, just kill it—don’t appoint a committee on snakes.

People cannot be managed. Inventories can be managed, but people must be led

I reckon that Green will kill any snakes he encounters and has done a good job of leading the club back to the top where we belong. But as Ally said "there is still a long road ahead".

When Charlie Green took over, I spent an entire day feeling pissed off and depressed.

Simply because earlier that day, news broke that Walter had entered the fray. Like most bears at the time, that seemed like the answer to all our prayers.

THANKFULLY.... it wasn't to be.

In hindsight Walter, with no previous boardroom experience could never have done the fantastic job we see playing out before us daily.

Ive fully supported CG since then, and think we couldn't have ever dreamed of having a better leader at the helm of our club.

I hope he gets the bug so much he doesn't wanna leave. I can see it happen too.

:praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise:

He has done more for us in 4 months then Murray did in his last 4 years at Rangers. The main thing for me is that he is open with the support and not just about stroking egos (murray) or empty threats (whyte) traveling to meet fans in Northern Ireland and America shows a real desire to engage with all our support and not just those who live in the UK, and his plain talking and refusing to be bound and gagged by the authoritys, is both refreshing and galvanising in these unprecidented times for us. All in all he has won over the doubters and now has the ears of the world due to the amazing loyalty of our supporters making headlines from France to Australia. Long live Charles Green :praise:

He has done more for us in 4 months then Murray did in his last 4 years at Rangers. The main thing for me is that he is open with the support and not just about stroking egos (murray) or empty threats (whyte) traveling to meet fans in Northern Ireland and America shows a real desire to engage with all our support and not just those who live in the UK, and his plain talking and refusing to be bound and gagged by the authoritys, is both refreshing and galvanising in these unprecidented times for us. All in all he has won over the doubters and now has the ears of the world due to the amazing loyalty of our supporters making headlines from France to Australia. Long live Charles Green :praise:

Yeah I think this shows a real level of commitment and savy in terms of tapping into our support worldwide...I couldn't believe reading the thread on his visit to NI that its the first time our CEO/Owner has visited our fan groups over there considering the level of support we have there. Small steps but definetly moving in the right direction.. :cgreen:

Yeah I think this shows a real level of commitment and savy in terms of tapping into our support worldwide...I couldn't believe reading the thread on his visit to NI that its the first time our CEO/Owner has visited our fan groups over there considering the level of support we have there. Small steps but definetly moving in the right direction.. :cgreen:

It is quite amazing but i cant think of a better person than Charles to make that historic trip. When you think of the workload he has dealing with all the financing and share issues, day to day running of the club, his regular trips to the beaks at Hampden and so on, its more kudos to him that he still wants to make the journey to see supporters over the water. I really get the feeling hes loving every second at Rangers and hes found his spiritual home here.