meeting tonight

muff8

Signing that cunt Johnston in 1989 for a start. Is that humourous enough for you? Football to me is traditional and should be there for joe punter and not fucking about with eg branding this stand and naming that stand. Enough consumerism and marketing in society as it is. Just leave the fuckin footy alone.

Johnstone did a very professional job for us,and got it right up that mob.Time to move on now.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Signing that cunt Johnston in 1989 for a start. Is that humourous enough for you? Football to me is traditional and should be there for joe punter and not fucking about with eg branding this stand and naming that stand. Enough consumerism and marketing in society as it is. Just leave the fuckin footy alone.

Don't call it 'footy' FFS - It blows your 'traditional' argument out the water. :anguish:

Its 'Fitba'

Aye, just imagine, they'll be putting roofs on stands next to keep the punters dry. doh

I'm sorry mate you have a ridiculously outdated view on things! (Albeit my grandad would agree with you re Johnstone). So can I assume you have not celebrated any goal scored by a catholic player in the last 30 years? I agree that money has ruined the game especially via sky but times move on and we as a club have to move with them...green seems to aknowledge that and I for one am happy with any moves that improve our global brand and helps bring more success to our great club!

I can certainly appreciate your point. Football, in general, has become a bit soulless. I still love it obviously, but I can see, even in my 26 years, the difference between how it was in the early 90s and now. I'm sure older bears amongst us would be even more frustrated with how different the game is now from what it was.

However, what do you do? Do you stay determinedly traditional, and risk being left behind?

There's a fine line I suppose. I can fully understand people very unwilling to change but I guess i'm cynical enough to realise that despite it not being popular, stuff like naming rights is simply the only way we can possibly prosper in a game being more run by money by the day.

Maybe it's not a popular notion, but i'd accept naming rights if it meant us having the money to build and to potentially build on not only being the dominant force in Scotland, but displaying some relative success on a European stage. We should be trying to get as many revenue streams as possible - if good enough, i'd take money for naming rights safe i the knowledge that after a month or two, it wouldn't be much of an issue to most (who'd still turn up to 'Ibrox stadium' every weekend)

A tricky and emotional issue this one (tu)

A fine post mate, appreciated. Your last sentence probably sums it up adequately.

I was perfectly happy with a roof on the terracing wido ;-)

So a company agrees to pay £100m a year for the next 20 years to sponsor the Copland Road stand. No-one in their right mind would turn this down.

Now that we've established the principle, we can agree that it's just a matter of price.

3 kit sponsors on the table, adiddas, puma and warrior. Nothing signed yet.

Apple want the naming rights to ibrox.

Edminston house to be turned into ticket office and rooftop cafe.

Surrounding areas to include hotel and cancer centre.

The wage bill is down from 30million to 6 million.

The budget for the return to the top in a reconstructed league has been discussed with the manager.

Rangers are debt free.

[/quote adiddas would be good.

Thing is, its a sponsor on a top.

If Ibrox is re-named there will be no stadium called Ibrox.

Take your point but put it this way, if we had become a brand new company and all that jazz tims spout was actually true, would you refer to us as Sevco? Of course you wouldn't, we'd be Rangers.

Some things are ingrained. Ibrox stadium being Ibrox stadium is one of those things. It's not as if the fans, hell, I don't think any Rangers fan, would start calling it the new name

They all sound good, if true of course.

Would prefer Adidas to Puma tbh, but whatever offers the Club the most money has to be the right deal I suppose.

I also think the Apple deal, if true, would be iBrox Stadium, rather than I.Brox/iBROX.. could be wrong though, will probably still be seen as just Ibrox.

I was just thinking that myself about the Ibrox name, but it would be iBrox to fit in with all other apple naming conventions :clap:

So a company agrees to pay £100m a year for the next 20 years to sponsor the Copland Road stand. No-one in their right mind would turn this down.

Now that we've established the principle, we can agree that it's just a matter of price.

We can?

100 million, 10 million or 1 million, the principle is not one that I am in favour of.

Old fashioned loyal.

The sad thing is that unless we move with the times we will get left behind, money has taken over and you only have to look at the Premiership to see that, the bottom team in the EPL get more money than the SPHELL winners. I wish it was'nt like this but thats what you get with rampent free market capitalism.

FFS man doh

Yes, the fact that you think us signing Mo Johnston is us selling our souls is humourus to me, jesus christ this isnt the 70's......times and attitudes have changed slightly over the years and if you can't see that then you need serious help.

You are a relic stuck in the past it seems, if your attitude does not evolve with the games evolution then you will be left a very disgruntled man.

We can?

100 million, 10 million or 1 million, the principle is not one that I am in favour of.

Old fashioned loyal.

You'd turn down £100m a year to sponsor the Copland Road? Mad. doh doh doh

(Even if it's sponsored by Orange?)

FFS man doh

Yes, the fact that you think us signing Mo Johnston is us selling our souls is humourus to me, jesus christ this isnt the 70's......times and attitudes have changed slightly over the years and if you can't see that then you need serious help.

You are a relic stuck in the past it seems, if your attitude does not evolve with the games evolution then you will be left a very disgruntled man.

Could it be possible that Johnston was a cunt of a man that Rangers fans didnt want to see in a blue Jersey.

If say for instance we signed McStay, id doubt folkbwould be as bitter.

Could it be possible that Johnston was a cunt of a man that Rangers fans didnt want to see in a blue Jersey.

If say for instance we signed McStay, id doubt folkbwould be as bitter.

I believe you are wrong. We both know that it had fuck all to do with the man and everything to do with the fact he was a pape. You know this, I know this...so don't patronise me.