meeting tonight

muff8

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always said this aswell but, if you seen the kind of money that are willing to pay for naming rights then i think you might change your mind.

At this time Rangers need money coming from anywhere so we can get back to were we should be. And fact it will be i.brox is brilliant.

Smart move by Green if this happens.

So what kind of money are they willing to pay?

What would you do exactly? Stop supporting Rangers?

Did I say that?

I wouldn't be happy if Ibrox name was changed, as if it is it'll be changed completely. No mention of Ibrox in it.

If you're ready to sell off the name of our stadium, that we've had since 1899 for a wee bit extra cash, I'm disappointed.

I don't think it could. I suppose a new Ibrox station could be opened just off the Broomloan Rd, next to the motorway...

Old Ibrox Station bottom right corner at junction of PRW and Broomloan RD

http://media.photobucket.com/image/former%20ibrox%20railway%20station/Fjordy/Urban%2520Glasgow/Ibroxgasworks-01.jpg

After you click on the link click on the pic to enlarge it.

Aye thats one thing that ha annoyed me. Especially when the New new New new New new bbc report they always take photos and report from the waste ground across the rd which looks shite.

Surely with all these plans Green will be sticking around to see it through? if so then this will all take years to do.

Which is brilliant for us as alot of people thought he was only here for a year etc.

Green is employed by the investors, he is staying to see the job thru to the end

All this they want completed by the start of the commonwealth games, look at parkhead fully redeveloped so surely their wi be no objections to any of the plans!!

all these buildings dhould bring in 10-15 million per year

but as ibrox is a commonwealth stadia then he hopes to do right away!!!

Old Ibrox Station bottom right corner at junction of PRW and Broomloan RD

http://media.photobucket.com/image/former%20ibrox%20railway%20station/Fjordy/Urban%2520Glasgow/Ibroxgasworks-01.jpg

After you click on the link click on the pic to enlarge it.

Thats it!! they want the pitches across the road moved to the gas works site! and train station is right their! beside the football village

Did I say that?

I wouldn't be happy if Ibrox name was changed, as if it is it'll be changed completely. No mention of Ibrox in it.

If you're ready to sell off the name of our stadium, that we've had since 1899 for a wee bit extra cash, I'm disappointed.

But that's the thing, we're not talking a wee bit of extra cash. We're talking a load of cash, cash to go towards getting Rangers back to the top, cash we cannot even think about getting while playing in Scotland with rubbish tv deals and limited sponsorship.

Such a thing could be too good an offer to turn down.

Green is employed by the investors, he is staying to see the job thru to the end

All this they want completed by the start of the commonwealth games, look at parkhead fully redeveloped so surely their wi be no objections to any of the plans!!

all these buildings dhould bring in 10-15 million per year

but as ibrox is a commonwealth stadia then he hopes to do right away!!!

(tu) Do we get any money from the council? look at what they are doing to the barras for the commonwealth and around parkhead surely the council are paying for all that?

But that's the thing, we're not talking a wee bit of extra cash. We're talking a load of cash, cash to go towards getting Rangers back to the top, cash we cannot even think about getting while playing in Scotland with rubbish tv deals and limited sponsorship.

I genuienely couldn't care how much, Ibrox means more to me. Can't put a price on it.

Why don't we just change our name from Rangers to ASDA? We'll get loads of money and it'll always be Rangers to us anyway.

:rolleyes:

I haven't read all the posts so forgive me if I have sinned by commenting and maybe going over old ground in the thread.

It sounds like a basic business plan to expand our income base by taking our name and brand into new markets, this is what we have been missing for years.

Cutting the wages from 30 to 6M needed to be done, it does beg the question about why some of our supposed senior players moved on, were they maneuvered into a position to suit our budget moving forward. Either way I have no issue the club is and always will be more important than the individual.

Living away from the UK and the lack of our gear in sports shops is a sore one, hopefully these new deals will allow better foreign access to our strips etc.

All in from what I have read this is very promising but should have been done years ago.

Well done CG.

I genuienely couldn't care how much, Ibrox means more to me. Can't put a price on it.

Why don't we just change our name from Rangers to ASDA? We'll get loads of money and it'll always be Rangers to us anyway.

:rolleyes:

What's going to change? Our company changing didn't change the club, Ibrox naming rights being sold won't change our stadium. You make it sound like we're selling it and moving to some other place.

That's just a silly comparison.

I'd be very disappointed if we sold the naming rights for Ibrox.

What's going to change? Our company changing didn't change the club, Ibrox naming rights being sold won't change our stadium. You make it sound like we're selling it and moving to some other place.

That's just a silly comparison.

The name of our stadium will change, to some shitey brand. Our stadium is unique in the way it looks compared to modern shit pits, I like it that way and the name suits it. Having a stadium like ours and some modern name really "doesn't go".

It's not silly at all.

I haven't read all the posts so forgive me if I have sinned by commenting and maybe going over old ground in the thread.

It sounds like a basic business plan to expand our income base by taking our name and brand into new markets, this is what we have been missing for years.

Cutting the wages from 30 to 6M needed to be done, it does beg the question about why some of our supposed senior players moved on, were they maneuvered into a position to suit our budget moving forward. Either way I have no issue the club is and always will be more important than the individual.

Living away from the UK and the lack of our gear in sports shops is a sore one, hopefully these new deals will allow better foreign access to our strips etc.

All in from what I have read this is very promising but should have been done years ago.

Well done CG.

I've lost track of the number of letters I've written to RFC over the years to try to get action on a better business front. I've even been invited in to meetings but although they took on board a few ideas mostly they were paying lip service. Used to bend their ears at AGMs as well. When I think to where we could be now if Charles Green and his people were in charge. David Holmes was great in his day and SDM started out OK but then fell away with apathy.

I'd be very disappointed if we sold the naming rights for Ibrox.

You don't strike me as the overly sentimental type TWB.

If we started rebranding our colours like Cardiff i'd be bothered, the naming rights really change very little other than what commentators on the TV say.

You don't strike me as the overly sentimental type TWB.

If we started rebranding our colours like Cardiff i'd be bothered, the naming rights really change very little other than what commentators on the TV say.

Yeah, but it's Ibrox. The 'Insert Company Name Here' Stadium just conjures up images of the soulless, sterile, new stadiums for the Sky TV generation.

The name of our stadium will change, to some shitey brand. Our stadium is unique in the way it looks compared to modern shit pits, I like it that way and the name suits it. Having a stadium like ours and some modern name really "doesn't go".

It's not silly at all.

How many football clubs change their team name to a supermarket?

Rightly or wrongly selling the naming rights to the stadium happens all the time.

I love going to Ibrox and yes I like how it looks, a sponsorship being involved in the name wouldn't make that any different for me going along to games.

It's not silly at all.

Charles Green said we won't go down that route ie sports direct arena it will be nothing like that.

And dunny said thats when he mentioned talks with Apple and it being called I.BROX. If that isn't possible then keep it the way it is.

The name will be I.BROX no one can say anything it's sound the same. And we will be getting free money for fuck all.

The fact that Apple interested in our stadiums naming rights is brilliant.

I wouldn't want it changed to some shite name as you said either. And if you told me years ago about change the name i would be the same as you.

charles.png

How much is this load of cash?