Rangers Captain McCulloch Is A Super Lee-der

DarcheVinny

Rangers Captain McCulloch Is A Super Lee-der by Robbie Devine

[imgleft]http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/images/resized/images/elginmcculloch_200_200.jpg[/imgleft]Down throughout the years Rangers have been blessed with some great captains.

Leaders of men who consistently displayed all the attributes required to hold the honour of wearing the armband.

Vallance, Meiklejohn, Young, Caldow, Greig, Butcher, Gough, Amoruso, Ferguson and Weir...the list of men who have been handed the immense responsibility of skippering the Light Blues is an impressive one.

Now we can add Lee McCulloch to that list.

Big Jig is the man the supporters look to for inspiring those around him as the Gers continue with their rebirth after this most traumatic of years.

His vocal encouragement and continued efforts at leading from the front have never been as required as now, with Ally McCoists squad still a mix of young bucks and new faces.

It was McCullochs goal which raised the roof off at the Brox last week against Motherwell before he leapt with unbridled joy, his face beaming with pride.

Make no mistake if you were to cut the big man in half, the blood pouring from him would be of the royal blue variety as he is living the dream of not just playing but captaining his beloved boyhood heroes.

Just look at his reaction to the goal he scored against East Fife, the night he took over the mantle of skipper from Bocanegra.

The pride of being bestowed the captaincy was all too apparent as he kissed the armband.

For many Bears, big Lee deserves the privilege of leading the team, especially as he took the decision to stay loyal to the club when it was at its weakest, unlike some of his former team mates who jumped ship, heading for pastures new.

Its all a far cry from the days he was the whipping boy for many supporters, who were of the opinion that Walter Smith had made a real mistake in snapping him up from Wigan in the summer of 2007.

The view amongst the sceptics was that Lee was no more than a bruiser, who offered little in terms of pace and vision.

However they were to be proved wrong as the big man was at the heart of a side who could and, if the SFA and SPL had done their jobs properly, should have enjoyed the finest season in our clubs glorious history.

Yes, as he would be the first to admit, he may not have the skills of some of his team mates but can anyone deny that his forceful assertive play and versatility have not made him a valuable part of the squad in recent years?

And make no mistake, when Lee McCulloch pulls on a Rangers shirt he is fully aware of the responsibility that comes with it.

Being a Ranger requires something not many players are able to adapt to, a state of mind, self desire and determination in accepting you are playing for more than just any other football team.

Attributes that not many guys have at their disposal.

But Lee McCulloch most certainly does.

A true blue in every sense, an image that will be forever ingrained in the memory of all bears will be the sight of the big man powering a header home at the Rangers end in the Old Firm New Year derby of 2009.

Lee McCulloch may not go down in the history of Rangers as one of the greatest players but in terms of giving his heart and soul for the Light Blue cause there are few men who can hold a candle to Big Jig.

A Absolute legend in my eyes. Will go down as one of the greatest captains to ever wear the armband due to the fact he never walked away. A trus Rangers man and looks to be a genuinly decent Human being. No ego and very down to earth. Super Ally and Lee get my vote for the greatest Rangers ever. Great to see the way he encorages our kids and seems to have struck up a great relationship with them that these kids will never forget. Great player for this standard of football. Must play at as striker .

:praise::praise: Well done Lee

I totally agree, IMO No Praise can be too high for Lee McCulloch he totally embodies the spirit and desire needed to be part of Rangers FC.....and When it is time for him to go, hopefully not for a few seasons yet, I hope Lee Wallace takes over because he is another who has put Rangers first.

Jig is a true blue and ive noticed Neil Alexander has been very vocal both on the pitch and in the media recently, another true leader who has the club in his heart. We truely are better off without the tratior mercenarys who would never of put Rangers and Rangers fans first :uk:

Jig is a true blue and ive noticed Neil Alexander has been very vocal both on the pitch and in the media recently, another true leader who has the club in his heart. We truely are better off without the tratior mercenarys who would never of put Rangers and Rangers fans first :uk:

I think this money situation was good in the way to separate the real Rangers Men from the Badge Kissers.

I think this money situation was good in the way to separate the real Rangers Men from the Badge Kissers.

It was and i doubt CG minded as much as people might think because we shifted a hell of alot of dead weight off the wage bill, whittaker, lafferty ect. I think we are better off now although losing them the way we did with former heros discrasing themselves was painfull at the time.

It was and i doubt CG minded as much as people might think because we shifted a hell of alot of dead weight off the wage bill, whittaker, lafferty ect. I think we are better off now although losing them the way we did with former heros discrasing themselves was painfull at the time.

The Whittaker Contract was a shocking waste of Money i never understood it he was pretty average.

It worked well for Green but still could have been better if the players did the decent thing and Tuped over so we could get a fee.

The Whittaker Contract was a shocking waste of Money i never understood it he was pretty average.

It worked well for Green but still could have been better if the players did the decent thing and Tuped over so we could get a fee.

Nobody understood the whittaker deal it was madness and probably a little diversion by bug eyes to try and keep the support from being suspicious of his motives. I think once the wage cuts were agreed some players had there Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) set on a move away and fat signing on fees, we just underestimated their greed.