In Ally we trust

cooper1972

I believe football club owners give up and give in too easy and almost always blame the manager and they are the first to go. I have always believed this is the wrong thing to do ANY manager needs time. Even when they are doing fairly well, they decide nah lets get rid of the manager that will make us better. I think Tottenham getting rid of Harry was a mistake and I mean I think Liverpool getting rid of Kenny Dalgish was the wrong move. He had a great career was a legend to Liverpool

fans and they needed him and he came and I thought he might have been able to bring them back up a bit but he wasn't given a chance and I personally feel they don't have the players for winning the league, this wasn't Kenny's fault and having the Swansea manager in now isn't going to change that.

Another example they wanted to sack Fergie early on in Man utd and look at it now most successful manager still there 25 years on. Foundations need to be build and time is key.

People on here I believe keep forgetting that result today will have hurt and disappointed no one more than ALLY. The man has been through hell past year and I believe gives his all, kicks every ball with them and like every fan hopes we do well. However he is not on the park and can only hope the players play for themselves, the fans and everyone associated with Rangers.

Today's play was very poor and I just don't understand why we are doing do badly away from home. However all this talk of how embarrassing to lose, the worst team etc yes it's VERY bad we lost. But all this talk its not the end of the world and getting rid of ally is not the answer. In all honesty it was always going to be F**** hard starting again and its amazing how fickle so many people are, we beat Motherwell we are wonderful and then lost today and we might as well shut up shop, pretty sad, glory hunters not welcome. so many teams have lost, it was very surprising Aston Villa beat Man city and put them out of the cup. Leeds beating Everton, funny things happen in football, we really need to stay positive and just take it game at a time, I'll always be behind my team and after everything ally has done for this club, I will stand behind him no matter what . We need strong foundations for rebuilding Ally DESERVES more time. The only thing I question is a few players hunger, we need better performances from them and fast !!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe football club owners give up and give in too easy and almost always blame the manager and they are the first to go. I have always believed this is the wrong thing to do ANY manager needs time. Even when they are doing fairly well, they decide nah lets get rid of the manager that will make us better. I think Tottenham gettin rid of Harry was a mistake and I mean I think Liverpool getting rid of Kenny Dalgish was the wrong move. He had a great career was a legend to Liverpool

fans and they needed him and he came and I thought he might have been able to bring them back up a bit but he wasn't given a chance and I personally feel they don't have the players for winning the league, this wasn't Kenny's fault and having the Swansea manager in now isn't going to change that.

Another example they wanted to sack Fergie early on in Man utd and look at it now most successful manager still there 25 years on. Foundations need to be build and time is key.

People on here I believe keep forgetting that result today will have hurt and disappointed no one more than ALLY. The man has been through hell past year and I believe gives his all, kicks every ball with them and like every fan hopes we do well. However he is not on the park and can only hope the players play for themselves, the fans and everyone associated with Rangers.

Today's play was very poor and I just don't understand why we are doing do badly away from home. However all this talk of how embarrassing to lose, the worst team etc yes it's VERY bad we lost. But all this talk its not the end of the world and getting rid of ally is not the answer. In all honesty it was ing to be F**** hard starting again and its amazing how fickle so many people are, we beat Motherwell we are wonderful and then lost today and we might as well shut up shop, pretty sad, glory hunters not welcome. so many teams have lost, it was very surprising Aston Villa beat Man city and put them out of the cup. Leeds beating Everton, funny things happen in football, we really need to stay positive and just take it game at a time, I'll always be behind my team and after everything ally has done for this club, I will stand behind him no matter what . We need strong foundations for rebuilding Ally DESERVES more time. The only thing I question is a few players hunger, we need better performances from them and fast !!

It's late and that was all a bit much for me. Briefly, I take your point. However, it's not neccisarily 'fickle' that people are happy beating Motherwell and losing to Stirling, its the seeming daftness of it all. We all appreciated the Motherwell win, hugely. But all the feelgood factor from it goes right out the window when you lose to the worst team in Britain. It has to, there's no other way that can go.

Fact is, for all Ally and the team are doing at home, every slip up away from home renders the feelgood null and void. And this is happening every other week.

3/4/5 away slip ups over a season is frustrating but forgivable. but 3/4/5 slip ups away from home in a row indicates a problem far more serious and a lot more concerning.

As you say, Ally himself will know this. I don't believe we can be calling for his head but he must know that serious questions are now being asked of his ability to manage this club. He needs to find a solution to this away sickness and, for his own sake, he needs to find it fast. It's irrelevent whether it's his or the players' fault...there's only one man the blame will eventually come down to and that's Ally.

Enough's enough. There is no sign of things getting better. Not a single sign. It's not a matter of should he go but how long can we afford to keep him here. It breaks my heart to say this but please, Ally, it's not working. You know it and we all know it.

There is absolutely no excuse for recent results and being beaten by possibly the worst team in the UK is the last straw.

There is an excuse, shots happened to us, we are new team, we are in 3 div, refs hate us, guys are hacking us to * f*uck, lots of excuses but forget them

We need to carry on through it game at a time and everyone needs time, its not the time for calling for ally to quit, the man loves rangers probably more than people realise he is trying his best, if he team decide to go out and play pish there's not alot he can't do, happens to the best teams.

I believe football club owners give up and give in too easy and almost always blame the manager and they are the first to go. I have always believed this is the wrong thing to do ANY manager needs time. Even when they are doing fairly well, they decide nah lets get rid of the manager that will make us better. I think Tottenham getting rid of Harry was a mistake and I mean I think Liverpool getting rid of Kenny Dalgish was the wrong move. He had a great career was a legend to Liverpool

Today's play was very poor and I just don't understand why we are doing do badly away from home. However all this talk of how embarrassing to lose, the worst team etc yes it's VERY bad we lost. But all this talk its not the end of the world and getting rid of ally is not the answer. In all honesty it was always going to be F**** hard starting again and its amazing how fickle so many people are, we beat Motherwell we are wonderful and then lost today and we might as well shut up shop, pretty sad, glory hunters not welcome. so many teams have lost, it was very surprising Aston Villa beat Man city and put them out of the cup. Leeds beating Everton, funny things happen in football, we really need to stay positive and just take it game at a time, I'll always be behind my team and after everything ally has done for this club, I will stand behind him no matter what . We need strong foundations for rebuilding Ally DESERVES more time. The only thing I question is a few players hunger, we need better performances from them and fast !!

The reasons for Spurs and Liverpool changing managers have absolutely no bearing on Ally's situation at Rangers.

There was no reason for Ally to be given the manager's job in the first place. He had no real experience. We all simply HOPED he would succeed because he is a legend (as a player).

Today's result is not the reason for the doubt of Ally's managerial skills as it is the most recent in a fairly long list of below-standard results. Player performances are certainly questionable but the players are not responsible for poor team selection and poor tactics.

I would remind you that John Greig (voted The Greatest Ever Ranger) could not succeed as our manager, where is the guarantee that Ally will succeed where Greigy failed?

Today's result was not deserved overall despite our abysmal performance but we could easily have lost at other away grounds this season (eg. Peterhead and Berwick). Annan wasn't much better.

We all know what Rangers means to Ally, we all know what a figure head he has been (especially since February) for the club, but these away from home performances just aint even close to being acceptable. His player positioning is baffling and he seems to be the only one that can't see it.

There is an excuse, shots shit happened to us, we are a new the same team, we are in 3 div, refs hate us, guys are hacking us to * f*uck, lots of excuses but forget them

We need to carry on through it game at a time and everyone needs time, its not the time for calling for ally to quit, the man loves rangers probably more than people realise he is trying his best, if he team decide to go out and play pish there's not alot he can't do, happens to the best teams.

Fixed, kind of, hope you are sincere.

Spelling not an issue, Canadianbacon is.

QJ

<cr>

There is an excuse, shots happened to us, we are new team, we are in 3 div, refs hate us, guys are hacking us to * f*uck, lots of excuses but forget them

That's all bullshit. Wake up and smell the coffee. We're in one of the poorest leagues in the world with a squad that's far superior to all our competitors and we've been embarrassed once again.

Buck stops with the manager, may be harsh in many senses but it's the way it is. You can't sack a playing squad.

It's late and that was all a bit much for me. Briefly, I take your point. However, it's not neccisarily 'fickle' that people are happy beating Motherwell and losing to Stirling, its the seeming daftness of it all. We all appreciated the Motherwell win, hugely. But all the feelgood factor from it goes right out the window when you lose to the worst team in Britain. It has to, there's no other way that can go.

Fact is, for all Ally and the team are doing at home, every slip up away from home renders the feelgood null and void. And this is happening every other week.

3/4/5 away slip ups over a season is frustrating but forgivable. but 3/4/5 slip ups away from home in a row indicates a problem far more serious and a lot more concerning.

As you say, Ally himself will know this. I don't believe we can be calling for his head but he must know that serious questions are now being asked of his ability to manage this club. He needs to find a solution to this away sickness and, for his own sake, he needs to find it fast. It's irrelevent whether it's his or the players' fault...there's only one man the blame will eventually come down to and that's Ally.

What i'd add to your reply is that I cannot agree with the idea that he 'deserves' time, certainly not based on footballing reasons and for the position of Rangers manager that's all that should be considered.

Yes perhaps there's the general arguments about it being too early in the season to make such a judgement etc, but as far as Ally as a manager goes, he has no previous track record at all and last season he did poorly, people can claim that the whole campaign is erased from history all they like but none of us were going into games prior to February the 13th thinking that it didn't matter because there was too much speculation for us to be able to win. I accept we'll never know if he maybe could have made a comeback to win the league but the four cup exits and the 13 point swing were blatant failures. I don't think anyone can honestly have watched us this season either and seen much encouragement in the performances that suggests brilliant coaching, even the heavy home wins have had some pretty dire spells.

So Ally really needs to earn time through improving as a manager (I don't think he can but it's there for me to be proved wrong), he's certainly not entitled to anything because of his status as a legend and ambassador, I doubt he'd want it that way himself.

Ally needs to trust the players to do there job and stop playing players out of position. Also needs to be more attacking and play one defensive midfielder. Two up front to stop ball coming straight back when played forward.

alexander

Argyriou Perry Faure/Cribari Wallace

Stella Shiels Hutton Aird

Mckay McCulloch

le guen never got the time ally had, so why should ally be any different?

this is a serious question before you take a hissy fit

Le Guen had the Ferguson debacle as a break point and there's nothing similar in McCoist's situation. That's a serious answer.

charles will never sack ally unless an overwhelming majority want him out. the support will always have the last word, thats how it should be.

Disagree and disagree. Green will do what's required to maximise his group's investment. And the support should not and won't have the last word.

I love Ally the legendary player and also for the way he has behaved off the park in relation to our predicament. His love of Rangers is not in doubt. Neither is mine!!

Before I go on, this is not some stupid rant, I am seeking serious answers from RM posters.

I would ask people on RM the following questions not to be confrontational, simply for an honest and forthright answer :

What have you seen of Ally's management in strictly football terms which makes you think he will succeed?

How long are you prepared to put up with what we are all witnessing?

It would be interesting to see the total stats for his managerial career so far as regards wins, draws and defeats

Disagree and disagree. Green will do what's required to maximise his group's investment. And the support should not and won't have the last word.

When was the last time you seen a Rangers chairman undertaking decisions on the park AGAINST the fans wishes ? Get real will you ? Paul le Guen was only hounded out the door because he didn't favour the golden boy. His league record was probably the same as Allys is right now but his european record was better than Advocaats. If you think Charles Green would make that sort of decision without the fans backing then you are clearly unfamiliar with this clubs morale standards.

Managers and chairmen come and go but the Rangers support will always have the continuing major influence in how the club is run. Having a Rangers man at the helm is fantastic but there are 50 000 people going to support him with identical beliefs.

le guen never got the time ally had, so why should ally be any different?

this is a serious question before you take a hissy fit

PLG came to the club as 'one of the most promising young managers in Europe'. PLG had quite an impressive CV - Ally has a blank piece of paper listing his management credentials.

Ally came into help rescue the club. First with Walter. Then he took the helm during the darkest period in the clubs history. So not only was he dealing with 'the crisis' he was/is 'learning' to be a manager. How much has he learned? Debatable at the moment.

I personally do not feel PLG was given enough time but we are purely a 'results based' club and the fans are quick to turn. As Ally is starting to discover this fact. Comparisons between PLG and Ally are erroneous.

I want to see Ally judged not for his status as a player, not for being Walter's assistant and certainly not in a fan's 'head to head' with PLG.

I want Ally judged on his results. Sadly time and history are not on his side which is rather depressing. But I suspect even Ally would admit that the club comes first. If this isn't sorted by Christmas i fear we will be looking for a new manager in 2013.

Well said mate, panic merchants are all out tonight.

Panic merchants aye ?? Wake up ya fuckin clown thats our worst ever result in ma lifetime , still a bear but ffs allys jacket on a very shaky fuckin nail and better sort it soon , its only because who he is that he no had his jotters coz any cunt else be sacked.

So Ally's total is 59 games (total) played and only 13 loses (with 10 draws). I guess for most other clubs this would be acceptable? Why do most fans reject this?

I like Ally, I say give him some more time. He does need to boot a few baws though. Some of the team players do need a reality check and yes, we need more protection from referees. We have to stop trying to play SPL type football and start playing SFL football for a while.

:21: