Gretna in SFL3

simplythebest

FFS have a bit of realism. We are not Barcelona and other than the fans, badge and name Rangers are not the force we once were. Some of the players we have are not as good as some on here portray them to be. They should be winning at this level, all myself and others are doing is suggesting a 3 or 4 players who have been round the block at this level would help not that we need them to win the league :lol:

Rangers will win the league

Perhaps you misunderstood the post. It was intended that those that claim that we need div3 or div2 players, to win away matches in div3 was unjustified.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you misunderstood the post. It was intended that those that claim that we need div3 or div2 players, to win away matches in div3 was unjustified.

No what i am suggesting is that Rangers would have done well to have 3 or 4 players who know this level that is all. Many flagged that point up before and after the Peterhead game.

In all honesty whoever is Rangers manager between now and a return to any top level is going to be slated for any defeat to any team in these leagues.

I know. Hilarious, isn't it? Fancy any Rangers fan being annoyed at a narrow 1-0 defeat at Stirling Albion.

Glory hunter, obviously.

Keep smiling.

Annoyed? a minute ago it was a Catastrophe.

What happened on valentines day was a Catastrophe. Losing an away match & poor away form in a league we're 1/40 on to win is 'concerning'.

No what i am suggesting is that Rangers would have done well to have 3 or 4 players who know this level that is all. Many flagged that point up before and after the Peterhead game.

In all honesty whoever is Rangers manager between now and a return to any top level is going to be slated for any defeat to any team in these leagues.

Would barcelona, who are even further ahead than RFC/an spl club, have to sign a few div2/3 players to win against stirling ?

Annoyed? a minute ago it was a Catastrophe.

What happened on valentines day was a Catastrophe. Losing an away match & poor away form in a league we're 1/40 on to win is 'concerning'.

Just so I'm clear; you're saying Rangers FC losing an SFL Div 3 match to bottom-placed Stirling Albion is no more than 'concerning'?

So you wouldn't say that Saturday's result was an embarrassment, unacceptable, incomprehensible and solely Ally McCoist's responsibility?

Just so I'm clear; you're saying Rangers FC losing an SFL Div 3 match to bottom-placed Stirling Albion is no more than 'concerning'?

So you wouldn't say that Saturday's result was an embarrassment, unacceptable, incomprehensible and solely Ally McCoist's responsibility?

concerning is an appropriate adjective, perhaps embarrassing, hurtful, hugely disappointing are also appropriate.

1 result isn't 'unacceptable', it becomes 'unacceptable' after multiple defeats. If i said to you at the start of the season we wouldn't go through the league campaign unbeaten, you surely wouldn't describe that as 'unacceptable'?

But it certainly isn't 'Catastrophic', c'mon man, get a grip. Going into administration with debts potentially over 100m was Catastrophic. Given how fresh that episode is in the memory you'd think it give our fans a little perspective. I guess not.

concerning is an appropriate adjective, perhaps embarrassing, hurtful, hugely disappointing are also appropriate.

1 result isn't 'unacceptable', it becomes 'unacceptable' after multiple defeats. If i said to you at the start of the season we wouldn't go through the league campaign unbeaten, you surely wouldn't describe that as 'unacceptable'?

But it certainly isn't 'Catastrophic', c'mon man, get a grip. Going into administration with debts potentially over 100m was Catastrophic. Given how fresh that episode is in the memory you'd think it give our fans a little perspective. I guess not.

Charles Green thinks it's unacceptable.

Let me get this straight, in order for McCoist's team to perform better we need to sign players of lower quality?

Oh dear. This is all getting very silly now. <cr>

Let me guess; is McCoist too good a manager for Div 3 also? :(

I find the view that we're not winning in Division 3 because we don't have enough lower division players downright bizarre.

Is it not more to do with the fact the players appear to lack motivation, aren't organised, resort to punts up the park and can't retain possession or defend properly?

We should have signed that Peterhead striker Mcallister

Agreed. Probably the most standout player we've faced in the SFL so far.

I thought Elgin played some good football at times. I must admit the quality from the sides is much better than I expected it to be. Hacking bastards though.

The four terms I listed (unacceptable, an embarrassment, incomprehensible and McCoist's responsibility) are all direct quotes from Charles Green.

if it's unacceptable then why did he give his backing to McCoist? If it's unacceptable, that means it's... unacceptable. In that he is giving his full backing to McCoist, it would suggest the opposite.

incomprehensible is a term he used to desribe the players performance on saturday in comparison to the performance at motherwell.

I will harp on again as I have done! Gretna signed players that knew how to win in these divisions! Kenny deucher, bingham, main, james grady etc etc all players who played down and about these leagues! You need players that know it Saturday showed we don't know how to approach these games

I agree, in hindsight we definitley should have signed a few of these type of players, but if we signed too many of them, then we would really struggle to put together any sort of cup runs.

I am the eternal optimist and I still think Ally and his team will turn this around and start a) winning away from home, and b) playing better football.

I find the view that we're not winning in Division 3 because we don't have enough lower division players downright bizarre.

Is it not more to do with the fact the players appear to lack motivation, aren't organised, resort to punts up the park and can't retain possession or defend properly?

Yes, I'd say our porr form and terrible results are caused by each of those factors.

All of which is down to no-one except the team manager.

That's a management and motivation issue, nothing to do with the nonsensical view of needing players "who know what Division 3 is all about."

Read all the points ive raised ffs.

This Rangers team will win SFL3 at a fucking canter. We should have signed guys who know this level for the games like Saturday when we are getting the shit kicked out of us and who are ready to mix it up. I mentioned guys like Mcallister, Swankie etc who are still decent footballers but are at a lower level. Stop being a fanny and read what people are writing.

Rangers should be beating these sides, all folk are suggesting is that 2 or 3 of these guys who know the leagues wether they are SFL1, 2 or 3 and are not shit scared of being hurt in a challenge. Every club who have done this and worked their way up from a lower league get guys who know how to do a job. Fiorentina done it, Man City even Livi in our league done it.

We don't have the devine right to win every game in this league and we certainly dont have as strong a sqaud as some on here like to kid on we do

I agree, in hindsight we definitley should have signed a few of these type of players, but if we signed too many of them, then we would really struggle to put together any sort of cup runs.

I am the eternal optimist and I still think Ally and his team will turn this around and start a) winning away from home, and b) playing better football.

Unlike some mate im glad you seem to get the point i was making. Not filling the team with these guys but there are guys in SFL 1 2 and 3 who were better suited to these leagues than Faure and Sheils etc will ever be

Unlike some mate im glad you seem to get the point i was making. Not filling the team with these guys but there are guys in SFL 1 2 and 3 who were better suited to these leagues than Faure and Sheils etc will ever be

Yeah a few of that type of player would definitley enhance the squad ( especially with the injury problems we have had recently)

We have templeton and little both out ( probably 2 of our biggest game changing players) but having someone like deuchar would have plugged the gap niceley.

damned if you do and damned if you dont though, if he signed those type of players then the mamagment would be accused of a lack of ambition :P

We should of gave the central defender from ICT one final pay day and got him in to organise our defence and throw it about a bit, I think Ross tokely is the farmers name.

I am of the opinion that some of our players just don't have the grit and dirtiness to get by in this league.

I don't care if I get shot down but I am also of the opinion that we should of got some journey men that have been about these leagues, if I was coming up against us I would probably get my two tallest central defenders and play them as it will cut out a lot of our attacking options away from home.

We should of gave the central defender from ICT one final pay day and got him in to organise our defence and throw it about a bit, I think Ross tokely is the farmers name.

I am of the opinion that some of our players just don't have the grit and dirtiness to get by in this league.

I don't care if I get shot down but I am also of the opinion that we should of got some journey men that have been about these leagues, if I was coming up against us I would probably get my two tallest central defenders and play them as it will cut out a lot of our attacking options away from home.

Thats basically the point some of us have tried to make.