Vanguard Bears - just who are they?

charlotte1008

Well 2 things, since I am included, what reaction was I looking for?

And are you aware of the phrase enough is enough?

The general reaction looked for was this....some members of VB tried to bait TWB into a fight in this thread, they didn't get it and are now trying again.

I am fully aware of the phrase enough is enough, TWB said he would no longer post wind ups in VB threads, it should have been left at that, but no..."some" members of VB continually try to bait him into another fight.

So maybe if "some" of the VB guys took the enough is enough line and left TWB alone, then there would be less in-fighting.

Which rules mate?

Also have none of the VB boys broken any rules, like accusing fellow bears of being taigs, baiting, and looking for agro?

It's a two way street sir.

It is of course mate, however one thing that's being ignored, is that the request was to stop baiting and spoiling, not to be banned ;) if it did stop, then the issue goes. Have a look? Since he said he wouldn't, nobody has been going at him, as far as I have seen, however, others are seemingly relishing in taking his place, although fortunately most, even those with different viewpoints, have the class to put forward proper discussions

I called cartman a taig, because he is. ;)

I covered a lot of that above though

I respect your opinion , but fair play has long since been missing on here . The PUL posters on here have been ridiculed all to easy on here , that ain't fair play .

:lol: taking an opposite view to a PUL stance is not the same as ridicule!

Mmmm and yet a few 'VB' are not beyond breaking RM rules either - (especially the abuse ones) but being a big boy (in width :pipe: ) I tend to not go winging about it but just take the piss (also probably against the rules). I am sure you will be berating those VB's, on here, who fall below your exacting standards with the same gusto as you are bringing to those that (alledgedly) are breaking the forum rules who are not VB members.

There is no alleged about it ;)

If you mean would I in a situation unrelated to this one, then I would think so. I don't think it would happen though. Reacting to something is different than a premeditated attack don't you think?

I was recently accused of being a tim, wait for it, because my username - theiconicman. Yep - I think he was half joking though.

I wonder if the VB guys have an issue because on their board they are confident noone is a timposter. Where as on this public forum there always runs the chance there is. Personally I prefer an open board where people can criticise/ object and then you take or leave their view depending on the content, not the person behind it.

Oh dear that's sad. I was invited to join on the day it opened by CR, i have beenhere long before you had ever heard of it, I have seen every incarnation of this board, seen good and bad come and go. I used to write for this site. I think that puts me in a fair position to comment on things.

And, if the breaking of rules affects me, then I think it's fair game to comment.

In fact, this is one of the most pathetic comments I have seen in a long time, although I particularly enjoy the parts you completely invent. It seems you, unlike many others, can't actually put a point across without being seriously immature and petty, still, you might be young so who knows.

If I can't ask a question about how rules are enforced, what right do you have to tell me to leave? Haha are you in charge?

Edit! Don't call me "mate", you aren't one

Lols mate.

Make it an open invite mate ;)

Am sure someone will decide that's threatening behaviour haha

I am (genuinely) thinking of coming along the next Sat game and introducing myself - I cant make the Inverness game as I am 'down south' but next Sat home game I am going to pop along - I am sure I will be warmly welcomed and the discussion shall be robust!

It is of course mate, however one thing that's being ignored, is that the request was to stop baiting and spoiling, not to be banned ;) if it did stop, then the issue goes. Have a look? Since he said he wouldn't, nobody has been going at him, as far as I have seen, however, others are seemingly relishing in taking his place, although fortunately most, even those with different viewpoints, have the class to put forward proper discussions

I called cartman a taig, because he is. ;)

I covered a lot of that above though

This thread was created AFTER twb said he would stop baiting.

If you read through the WHOLE thread, you will see countless amounts of sniping done towards TWB (dangleberry comments and the like)

He responded to none of it, yet even more sniping is done and he still hasn't responded to any of it.

Can't you see how this is making certain VB posters look?

The general reaction looked for was this....some members of VB tried to bait TWB into a fight in this thread, they didn't get it and are now trying again.

I am fully aware of the phrase enough is enough, TWB said he would no longer post wind ups in VB threads, it should have been left at that, but no..."some" members of VB continually try to bait him into another fight.

So maybe if "some" of the VB guys took the enough is enough line and left TWB alone, then there would be less in-fighting.

I may have missed it, but there are a few more doing the baiting, I haven't seen twb in this thread since he said he would stop, which is fair play, although at the same time sort of shows that was his intent haha

I am (genuinely) thinking of coming along the next Sat game and introducing myself - I cant make the Inverness game as I am 'down south' but next Sat home game I am going to pop along - I am sure I will be warmly welcomed and the discussion shall be robust!

I won't be back until the nov 10th game, is that the one you mean? Anyway, you were always invited to the 100 club on the 25th remember, I don't mind saying hello

A lot of people seem to be missing the point, perhaps deliberately, Vanguard Bears Forum is not an open or public forum.

Its a forum for its members .

The good book says "You shall know them by their deeds"

I think Vanguard Bears record in that respect speaks for itself.

Are your brethern just evangilising and on 'missions', or on recruitment drives, when they drift out of VB and into other forums? :pipe:

I may have missed it, but there are a few more doing the baiting, I haven't seen twb in this thread since he said he would stop, which is fair play, although at the same time sort of shows that was his intent haha

Tbh if I were him I'd prob do the same! To have folk following you about a forum calling you daft immature names and offering square go's at games etc I'd probably end up on the noise up!

I enjoy most of the VB stuff but these kinda threads are pathetic (from both sides) a good op followed by 30 odd pages of shit

There is no alleged about it ;)

If you mean would I in a situation unrelated to this one, then I would think so. I don't think it would happen though. Reacting to something is different than a premeditated attack don't you think?

... and you think RM posters are involved on PREMEDIATED attacks on VB posts/posters - is that REALLY what you mean - surley not - is your paranoia that deep ? Na cant be! Can it?

I wish i had the time and paitence to go through this entire thread and pick out all the baiting/trolling comments directed towards TWB and members of this site.

and have someone from VB do the same and point out trolling/baiting directed towards them ITT

Remember this thread happened AFTER TWB said he would stop baiting mate :)

I was recently accused of being a tim, wait for it, because my username - theiconicman. Yep - I think he was half joking though.

I wonder if the VB guys have an issue because on their board they are confident noone is a timposter. Where as on this public forum there always runs the chance there is. Personally I prefer an open board where people can criticise/ object and then you take or leave their view depending on the content, not the person behind it.

You may have a point, it's certainly 100% Rangers fan on there, no accusations at all. It's very refreshing. Some cracking arguments and debates too.

I will be honest, when rm started, the bears den WAS the same. I think the reason was that fans of other teams could register. Bd was passworded, there was a general football forum, and an old firm forum. At least that way you knew who you were speaking to. In an open forum, others will always sneak in, usually a lot, you only have to see all the screenshots that appear on different boards. When you have enemies disguised as your own, it will always breed a certain level of suspicion, simple fact really.

I won't be back until the nov 10th game, is that the one you mean? Anyway, you were always invited to the 100 club on the 25th remember, I don't mind saying hello

Yep - 10th against Peterhead! Also I am trying to reschedule somethingthat I have to do a week later so I can come to the 100 club - about 50-50 chance but now I know you'se all hang out at the neptune I may come in and say Hello Hello (with no add ons! :pipe: )

Tbh if I were him I'd prob do the same! To have folk following you about a forum calling you daft immature names and offering square go's at games etc I'd probably end up on the noise up!

I enjoy most of the VB stuff but these kinda threads are pathetic (from both sides) a good op followed by 30 odd pages of shit

I don't know if it's the full 30 pages, I had some decent discussions in there somewhere

You know your opening paragraph? Well, generally he and manticore are "following" all the vb threads, you have to wonder why

You need to let it go bud.............he is very good at tongue in cheek posts and if he wasn't doing the old tongue in cheek, well it is a forum and can make his point.

... and you think RM posters are involved on PREMEDIATED attacks on VB posts/posters - is that REALLY what you mean - surley not - is your paranoia that deep ? Na cant be! Can it?

I am too logical to be paranoid. It sounds very dramatic, but it's not really, it's so easy to disrupt a message board. Posts, not posters by the way. Oh, that's one of the broken rules by the way, you should read them ;)

I don't know if it's the full 30 pages, I had some decent discussions in there somewhere

You know your opening paragraph? Well, generally he and manticore are "following" all the vb threads, you have to wonder why

To be fair mate, TWB and manticore are pretty active all through the forum. They don't limit themselves to baiting VB members :P they do plently of baiting of RM members too lol

Take Dennis for example, me and him had a pretty big debate a couple of weeks ago, but it seems we are in agreement on this issue.

We all have different opinions, and some people are generally just sarcastic fuckers :P it's all about how you percieve the posts.

sigh, stoned and rambling again.

Its pathetic mate. You use forums for a laugh and to talk about the one thing we have in common, Rangers.

Bullshit like this is not doing VB any favours on the outside, which is sad.