Vanguard Bears - just who are they?

charlotte1008

There is a difference between banning someone who disagrees with you and banning someone who deliberately tries to belittle other posters constantly or who persistently attempts to spoil threads.

Of course there is, I was merely pointing out the fallacy of banning people that are accused of being a 'taig' because they don't agree with you, or surrounding yourself with people who think like you do.

Persistent trolling is obviously destructive to the atmosphere of the board.

Let me lead you through some basic concepts.

Labelling, this involves giving someone or a group or an institution a negative label. This then gets repeated until accepted by the majority.

The next bit is the people being labelled accept the label and act in certain ways to appease the labellers. This is equal to an admission of some form of guilt. The next bit is to be stigmatised for being in this group of people.

The stigmatised will then be belittled, excluded and punished for what they are now deemed to be.

How do you counter this?

The quicker the better, do not allow the label to take root in the public consciousness. First you use the truth and expose the ones who are trying to label you for what they are doing. If they are using misrepresentation, lies and half truths; this is good as it quickly discredits them as valid and reliable witnesses about you. At the same time you actively put forward the positives about your self as publicly as possible (counter propaganda if you like) and reinforce into the public consciousness that your distracters lie and you have positive values to offer the rest of society. The main weapon to fight this with is the truth about your selves and not to apologise for what you are, because what you are is a force for good.

This causes re-evaluation as how you are publicly perceived and causes the distracters to be more hesitant about their next attack, as if it is lies, or exaggeration, then they will be shown up to be unreliable again. This further compounds their negative image, especially if you are selling your good works for all the public to see..

Interesting, I see your point.

It's about how VBs label people they don't like as 'handwringers', yes?

Right thats me finished with RM i will never return until its free again.

nice adult way to deal with things (tu)

I'm sure forum policy covers more than being a taig too . Catch my drift ? A few guilty posters on here , Bears or not .

Aye, you are right...there certainly are a lot of people in the BD recently looking for a fight, most of them from VB

I respect your opinion , but fair play has long since been missing on here . The PUL posters on here have been ridiculed all to easy on here , that ain't fair play .

more paranoid bullshit

No-one on VB is trying to force their ideologies and beliefs on anyone, nor are they trying to run amok through RM. Is this comment linked to the OP?

As stated earlier, the OP was not meant to be political or religious, but merely an article written to perhaps dispell a few of the myths surrounding the group. I have seen some really good posts on this thread, but some add absolutely nothing to it.

We, as Rangers fans together; all have an important part to play in the future of our club, whether it be supporting them on match day, buying official club merchandise, or fighting injustice and biased media reporting which is designed to damage our club. Some may not have the stomach to adopt the proactive approach which VB take, some just aren't interested, I respect that. But regardless of how each and every one of us helps the club and in what way, the important thing is we do, and we keep doing it.

have you read the thread? most of it is nice chat, untill the VB boys realised they were not getting the reaction i'm that i think they were looking for...they decided to start baiting again.

At the risk of upsetting lots of people I would argue that most 'Protestants' in the Rangers support are just confused secularists (from a Protestant heritage). If we had to turn the UK into a secular society with no support or funding from the state for religions, Catholicism would lose more than Protestantism I would wager.

Yet I digress.

The bheasts will be laughing at this and cheering on the handwringing bastards on this site who's only aim is to divide us as a support. If these handwringers ain't bheasts in disguise I'll eat my hat. You know who you are.

name them then sherlock

I certainly hope twb does not get banned due to pressure on a forum from what looks like many posters who don't post regular like twb.

Not gcl part two Is it, who's next?

2 different situations, Gcl aka token was well known, regardless of who denies knowledge of him. Twb, has broken 2 major rm rules, on a regular basis, which has seen many banned in the past, has to be questioned why he is allowed to, regardless of being a rangers fan or not.

Or are the rules of the forum simply a joke and nobody needs to adhere to them?

How would you like it if we all called you Menstrual?

So maybe all the 'ganging up on him', and ad hominem attacks has backfired a little? One thing about us Brits, we have a tradition of not standing idly by while the 'strong' attack the 'weak'

I have no desire to see any kind of "ganging up" on these boards or anywhere else for that matter. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

But TWB has not been entirely innocent in this matter. In fact I think he revels in some of the notireity he has generated.

Its not so long ago he attacked an article I had written, only later to apologise for trying to discredit it by stating he was drunk at the time of posting.

What would be particularly refreshing is for some of the "keyboard critics" to actually use their energy and intellect to actually write some some articles instead of devoting their time to criticising those who do.

If anyone attacked rangers traditions on here the thread would be massive and that would be without the new influx of posters in the last day, some would think this site is being used for that sole purpose the way this thread reads, certain posters are going out of thr way now making a mountain out of a mole hill, it's not needed or justified.

nice adult way to deal with things (tu)

Aye, you are right...there certainly are a lot of people in the BD recently looking for a fight, most of them from VB

more paranoid bullshit

have you read the thread? most of it is nice chat, untill the VB boys realised they were not getting the reaction i'm that i think they were looking for...they decided to start baiting again.

Well 2 things, since I am included, what reaction was I looking for?

And are you aware of the phrase enough is enough?

2 different situations, Gcl aka token was well known, regardless of who denies knowledge of him. Twb, has broken 2 major rm rules, on a regular basis, which has seen many banned in the past, has to be questioned why he is allowed to, regardless of being a rangers fan or not.

forum rules? Near every poster would be banned and that's a fact. You do know all these posters calling twb a taig should be banned on the same rules.

If I'd known I could make money from it I would've jumped on the gravy train years ago........

I can only assume you're a health and safety officer :pipe:

I still wear gloves, you've no idea what you'll catch.

Of course there is, I was merely pointing out the fallacy of banning people that are accused of being a 'taig' because they don't agree with you, or surrounding yourself with people who think like you do.

Persistent trolling is obviously destructive to the atmosphere of the board.

There is also a difference between calling someone a bheast, and saying they are acting like one. Some others need to understand that too.

Gcl was one, plain and simple, with twb, people are annoyed at the sniping constantly or in fact, trolling. It's essentially about winding people up, and if someone does it all the time, it simply can't be a surprise that there is a reaction can it? Has nothing to do with traditions, politics whatever, it's to do with human nature. I haven't really been on, but my understanding is he has stopped, if so, fine. My main gripe now is with the admin of this site, hence my questioning whether site rules are even relevant anymore

That's hardly something unusual, unsurprising, or nasty. You can have a look at any thread with vb in the title, and, rm gives you a "follow this thread" function. Makes interesting reading ;)

Seriously mate, what has it got to do with you who breaks rules on RM? What a sad life you must lead when thats all you think about.

If you dont like Rm, then dont post on it. You quit before you can do it again.

This is becoming a witch hunt now, and its time RM mods/admin put a stop to it before tje forum falls away to fuck.

forum rules? Near every poster would be banned and that's a fact. You do know all these posters calling twb a taig should be banned on the same rules.

Maybe the rules should actually be enforced then? Since the fact they aren't leads to nonsense. People having a go at him for what, the last 12 months (as an example), wouldn't have happened if the rules had been enforced properly, as he Would have had a warning, and changed his behaviour, which would mean there would be no accusations now. It's a simple reality.

Calling him one or saying he acts like one? There is a difference of course ;)

Seriously mate, what has it got to do with you who breaks rules on RM? What a sad life you must lead when thats all you think about.

If you dont like Rm, then dont post on it. You quit before you can do it again.

This is becoming a witch hunt now, and its time RM mods/admin put a stop to it before tje forum falls away to fuck.

Oh dear that's sad. I was invited to join on the day it opened by CR, i have beenhere long before you had ever heard of it, I have seen every incarnation of this board, seen good and bad come and go. I used to write for this site. I think that puts me in a fair position to comment on things.

And, if the breaking of rules affects me, then I think it's fair game to comment.

In fact, this is one of the most pathetic comments I have seen in a long time, although I particularly enjoy the parts you completely invent. It seems you, unlike many others, can't actually put a point across without being seriously immature and petty, still, you might be young so who knows.

If I can't ask a question about how rules are enforced, what right do you have to tell me to leave? Haha are you in charge?

Edit! Don't call me "mate", you aren't one

Just to be sporting I'll put my own name up as someone who has been accused of hang wringing Gogzy.

Let them point to me as someone looking to divide the support.

not interested in "handwringers" mate, i want him to name the taigs that are here.

Which rules mate?

Also have none of the VB boys broken any rules, like accusing fellow bears of being taigs, baiting, and looking for agro?

It's a two way street sir.

Really? It was made known about cart man/token over a year ago.

My issue with it is that certain posters are clearly breaking, or in fact, being allowed to break rm forum rules. Others are banned outright without a warning. Therein lies the problem. Quite clearly admin, or some of admin have one rule for some, and others for the rest, not so cleverly disguised under the mantle of free speech! Free speak is great, but rules should be there for a reason, and nobody should be above them

You have to bear in mind when I joined this forum, and, if you were about at the time, the reason I stopped posting and joined vb. seems a similar thing is happening again, or still.

Mmmm and yet a few 'VB' are not beyond breaking RM rules either - (especially the abuse ones) but being a big boy (in width :pipe: ) I tend to not go winging about it but just take the piss (also probably against the rules). I am sure you will be berating those VB's, on here, who fall below your exacting standards with the same gusto as you are bringing to those that (alledgedly) are breaking the forum rules who are not VB members.