the traitors - do we know all the facts?

Captain Hilts

for months now we have all branded the likes of Naismith, McGregor, Davis ect. as traitors because they didn't transfer their contracts over to the new holding company. but does anyone else think something else may have went on behind the scenes that we weren't told about? perhaps Green told them not to transfer their contracts over because he couldn't afford to (or just didn't want to) pay their wages? it does seem a bit of a coincidence that the high earners were the first to jump ship. to be honest i hope something like that did happen, as i still find it very difficult to 'hate' these players, and i doubt im the only one

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for months now we have all branded the likes of Naismith, McGregor, Davis ect. as traitors because they didn't transfer their contracts over to the new holding company. but does anyone else think something else may have went on behind the scenes that we weren't told about? perhaps Green told them not to transfer their contracts over because he couldn't afford to (or just didn't want to) pay their wages? it does seem a bit of a coincidence that the high earners were the first to jump ship. to be honest i hope something like that did happen, as i still find it very difficult to 'hate' these players, and i doubt im the only one

Do you think Naismith said what he did about rangers being dead just to let Green off the hook ? not a chance in hell is the answer

I think the situation can be underestimated at times. There may have been alot of risks involved with transferring.

I can understand them wanting to keep playing at the highest level for them and whilst there was uncertainty why shouldn't they move quickly rather than shoot themselves in the foot.

High earners like Wallace, Goian, Bocanegra, Edu and McCulloch....they didn't jump ship so the reasoning for the other lot jumping Is flawed.

they weren't earning as much as Naismith, Whittaker and McGregor. i remember when the players had to take pay cuts, they players had to take 75% cuts whereas Boca and Edu ect. only had to take 50%

I can understand them wanting to keep playing at the highest level for them and whilst there was uncertainty why shouldn't they move quickly rather than shoot themselves in the foot.

They should never run the risk of personally injurying themselves - I know someone that would have done it for them.

I don’t know why Rangers fans are wasting their time trying to reason why these bastards left, I mean did these players spend as much time choosing if they stuck by the club that made most of them or did they sprint out the cat flap like the shameless creatures they are?

Why didn't the likes of Bocanegra and Edu not just walk away before transferring?

No one said they had to stay, they could have stayed for another 2/3 weeks.

Naismith could have got us a transfer fee as a way of saying thanks for seeing him through two serious injuries.

McGregor could have got us a transfer fee for the years he's been the first name on the sheet for us, and for all those pay packets he took home.

Most who left could have given that little bit extra to The Rangers, and I'll never forget that they didn't.

They had worked release clauses into their contracts. No matter how little those clauses were, they knew they could have ended up leaving anyway. They essentially voided them and done us out of the money that we could have done with...

Why didn't the likes of Bocanegra and Edu not just walk away before transferring?

No one said they had to stay, they could have stayed for another 2/3 weeks.

Naismith could have got us a transfer fee as a way of saying thanks for seeing him through two serious injuries.

McGregor could have got us a transfer fee for the years he's been the first name on the sheet for us, and for all those pay packets he took home.

Most who left could have given that little bit extra to The Rangers, and I'll never forget that they didn't.

(tu) This,

They could have transfered over on the understanding that they were for sale and brought some cash in for the club. Just made a run for it instead, serving thier own interests.

I do not care what you say. These players kept Rangers alive. If they had not taken a big pay cut we would not have been able to fulfill our fixtures and would have dropped out of the league completely.

not good enough in my book bro surprised at some of the alleged true bears that walked away

Wouldn't that be nice? But I doubt it given he chased the clubs who signed them. Why do that is he was happy for them to leave?

There may have been alot of risks involved with transferring.

Like what? It was simple agree with Charles Green that if they transferred over they would be sold for £500k, if that fee was not forthcoming before the end of the transfer window they could have the option to be released from their contracts.

How difficult would that have been?