Sour grapes - gerrard likens everton to stoke

Graham

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of people fear Liverpool, I like to have my pockets unpicked and my body not-stabbed.

The football team are pretty poor though. :pipe:

:D

Of course outside of football Liverpool and it’s inhabitants should be treated with caution and at no time should they be approached or acknowledged.

He's only 22. I think he's underrated if anything and only going to get better. Sahin and Lucas inmidfield together with him could be promising (don't think we've had the chance to see it yet).

Wasn't far wrong with his age and it would be good to watch but unless Gerrard gets hurt it wont happen.

Off topic again but Lucas has been incredible in every football manager from 2006 onwards.

As a Red ( been to eight matches this season) and a Bear ( season ticket holder BF3), I shall offer my tenpenworth. Stevie G was probably one of the greatest midfielders ever in his prime ( 2004-2008). During this time he could sit deep and spray passes, play as a second striker, break up the play as a holding midfielder, fill in at full back or even pull on the goalie gloves in a crisis. Times have moved on and time catches up with all of us, firstly Stevie G is pushing 33 and his time as a box to box midfielder has gone, secondly he is playing in a vastly inferior team to the one he graced a few years back. None of this is to say that he no longer hacks it at the top level, he still does but has had to adapt hs game to the style of Rodgers and the deficincies of those around him.

Never see you give an opinion, only see you 'attempting' to slag other's opinion.

Is it because you have no knowledge of your own?

From page 1:

I think Gerrard's best days have come and gone. The numerous injuries that he has suffered with appear to have taken their toll on his ability to perform at the level he was capable of. There were a couple of seasons where he was up there with the best.

How many lessons do you need to be given? :D

Oh it is, Gerrard is Mr Untouchable at Anfield him and Carra, thankfully Carra will more than likely retire at the end of the season thats if they don't do anything stupid like give him a coaching job, without his Gerrard won't have the same influence, alot of Liverpool fans will never forgive those two for getting Rafa the sack all because Rafa wasn't going to give Carragher a new contract.

As for who is a better midfielder than the Steven Gerrard of 2012, Lucas is by a mile, Allen is more effective as well, Gerrard has contributed little to the team for 3 years now, rather than listen the Sky pundits watch the games and tell me what he contributes, he still runs around all trying to be at the heart of everything, look at the number of missplaced passes he makes, his set pieces are rubbish 90% of his corners hit the first man, a high percentage of his non shooting free kicks are overhit, but yet he gets to the vast majority of set pieces, as i said previously the sooner he is eased out of the team the better.

His set pieces are rubbish? Are you having a laugh. Did you see his free kicks in the merseyside derby? He has never been the best at keepin possession is true but he is still easily the best centre midfielder at Liverpool. his long range passing and shooting are excellent. There is no danger your views concur with the majority of LFC fans.

His set pieces are rubbish? Are you having a laugh. Did you see his free kicks in the merseyside derby? He has never been the best at keepin possession is true but he is still easily the best centre midfielder at Liverpool. his long range passing and shooting are excellent. There is no danger your views concur with the majority of LFC fans.

His set pieces are rubbish, watch his corners total crap rarely beats the first man, watch his free kicks and how many he overhits, he's decent at direct shots from fk's but thats it, it used to be a running joke on the Liverpool forums were fans kept count of the number of games we had went without scoring from a corner such was the poor quality of them, glad to see Suso put a few decent ones in today.