Most obscure signings of recent years

TerryTibbs

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt McKay was an odd one...a player from the other side of the world, brought in with decent pedigree, plenty expected, but in a area of the team we had abundance of talent, particularly when we were so clearly lacking up front...

I would also think the likes of Nieto a strange one, a south american with no real career to speak of, joining us during the Mcleish years as the next Batistuta and turning out to be the next, well, nobody...

Oliver Bernard is another weird one, as was Amdy Faye...

I also think Graeme Smith was a strange one, signing a middle of the road goalie to play reserves when we had two class keepers and plenty of young talent to nuture...

An Austrian guy named Alex Hauser...?!!?

Amazing to think the millions that Advocaat spunked away...

We had a first team squad of around 50 players round about the 1999/2000 season :lol: . A loss of £35M in the transfer market when he arrived... compare it to McLeish's first season when he made a £10M profit.

Big Eck done some job, looking back... two championships, a treble, last 16 of Champions League and a few cups to boot! (tu)

I agree - the amount of money we spunked away in those years is unreal when you think about it.

The ultimate failure (however not obscure) is the £2m+ wasted on Daniel Prodan who never played and was the eternal crock - even before we signed him <cr>

I agree - the amount of money we spunked away in those years is unreal when you think about it.

The ultimate failure (however not obscure) is the £2m+ wasted on Daniel Prodan who never played and was the eternal crock - even before we signed him <cr>

Was more than 5million he cost and he only ever played one game against Ardeer Thistle in a testimonial for one of their players.

My mates and I dogged school to go got caught then ended up with a weeks detention for it was worth it though

Andrius Velicka.

Signed for a million quid even though we already had Boyd, Novo, Naismith, Miller, Lafferty & Darchville.

What a waste of money.

it meant SFL3 Feeder Club losing a good striker, so it was all good in my book :D

Andrius Velicka.

Signed for a million quid even though we already had Boyd, Novo, Naismith, Miller, Lafferty & Darchville.

What a waste of money.

agree complete waste of money,although scored a great goal against the edinburgh tims with one of the hardest shots ive seen