Stv news Rangers exclusive coming up

RFC55

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About documents reveal to STV saying that the days of us spending crazy money on wages are gone. That can only happen when you have a rich man in charge of the club and willing to fritter away money. We need to live within our means now.

STV kind of hyped it up though by,saying that we could potentially see the end of top class players at our club now. Which I suppose is true but didn't like the way they came across.

More on STV tonight about it.

:lol:

How negative do they have to be about a Scottish Football Club using common sense and making sure they don't end up in financial mire.

Unbelievable.

Thought the same mate! I'm sure the players won't need second jobs or the like to survive ffs!

The correct thing to do. With players like Templeton etc on supposed 7/8k a week, the quality is there within the affordable wage bracket.

No way should we entertaining players who say, "I was on 3k a week where I was... not winning trophies but to win trophies and play at Ibrox I'll take 15k"

I'd play for Rangers for nothing. Give me a job on the park. 110% every week.

There should always be a wage cap which should be extended should we qualify for Europe etc.

About documents reveal to STV saying that the days of us spending crazy money on wages are gone. That can only happen when you have a rich man in charge of the club and willing to fritter away money. We need to live within our means now.

STV kind of hyped it up though by,saying that we could potentially see the end of top class players at our club now. Which I suppose is true but didn't like the way they came across.

More on STV tonight about it.

That would assume the same regime will be in place for ever. Which it won't. Hasn't Charlie already said he's out in a few years?

Anyway, sounds a sensible policy in the short to medium term.

Non-story.

A wage cap is one of the first things i not only expected but also hoped for. There is no need for Rangers to be paying more than 7-10k a week on a player to win the top league in Scotland.

I love the spin on the story though "Rangers may not attract top names again". Yes i'm sure the Naismiths Whittaker's and McGregors who were all on 7,000 a week up until 2009 would all agree. Farcial how big a deal this is being made of.

The correct thing to do. With players like Templeton etc on supposed 7/8k a week, the quality is there within the affordable wage bracket.

No way should we entertaining players who say, "I was on 3k a week where I was... not winning trophies but to win trophies and play at Ibrox I'll take 15k"

I'd play for Rangers for nothing. Give me a job on the park. 110% every week.

There should always be a wage cap which should be extended should we qualify for Europe etc.

Agreed. How much do you reckon Ajax spend on wages, bearing in mind they produced most of their star players? It's the way forward.

Given our financial position over the last few months i would have thought at least an informal wage cap would have been an obvious step. The "end of top class players" depends on your definition of top class. Xavi was always off the radar, but we will still be able to sign some of the best talent in Scotland - Templeton being the point in question.

It sounds like STV trying to manufacture a story at the clubs expense.

Why is it all the media outlets still seem to think we are fair game when it comes to shit stirring?