Ibrahimovic v england

cushynumber

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That wouldn't even be in my top 2 Van Basten impersonations. Try this.

Whilst undeniably a fantastic goal, the video posted by WDDWA1872 was far more similar to Van Basten's famous volley than yours.

I think Ibrahimovic's goal was outstanding but by no means the greatest ever. I don't even think it was Ibrahimovic's best.

As a side note, his comments were very interesting (and somewhat reflective of the sudden outpouring of praise on here),

"That's the way it is with the English. If you score against them you're a good player, if you don't score against them you're not a good player.

I remember Lionel Messi before the 2009 Champions League final for Barcelona. Then he scored against Manchester United and suddenly he was the best player in the world. Maybe now they'll say something like that about me."

Whilst undeniably a fantastic goal, the video posted by WDDWA1872 was far more similar to Van Basten's famous volley than yours.

In the build-up, certainly, but the angle was easier than van Basten's, whereas the Hallenius one was arguably even more difficult.

"That's the way it is with the English. If you score against them you're a good player, if you don't score against them you're not a good player.

I remember Lionel Messi before the 2009 Champions League final for Barcelona. Then he scored against Manchester United and suddenly he was the best player in the world. Maybe now they'll say something like that about me."

Poor Zlatan. He doesn't seem to realise that the whole world says that about Messi, not just the English :lol:

Surely the standard of opposition must be a part of it though I mean the Maradonna one against England was in the quarter-final of the World Cup which makes it even better.

If you follow the thread properly, you will see that I wasn't putting it forward as the best ever goal.

What's the best goal ever then?

Maradona World cup? Zidane CL final? Sone Aluko against the scum? :pipe:

Joking apart could go on and on and name better goals than that. Just don't get the hype at all, it was the last minute of a friendly his team were winning and he had an open goal to aim at.

Maradona World cup? Zidane CL final? Sone Aluko against the scum? :pipe:

Joking apart could go on and on and name better goals than that. Just don't get the hype at all, it was the last minute of a friendly his team were winning and he had an open goal to aim at.

I'm not saying that it was the best ever, but, to my knowledge anyway, it was certainly a unique piece of skill. If you can't see that, you haven't watched enough football. ;)