BTC - Rangers win the appeal

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, what are the implications?

The big tax case is the main reason the old company went of business. It is the main reason Lloyds forced the sale, and played hard with us. It is the reason Whyte didn't bother with paying tax, knowing that if we lost it we'd of been out of business.

If we win the tax case, then a lot of people have a lot of explaining to do, because we're now a newco, in the third division, and had our reputation dragged through the mud, over an issue we we are completely innocent on!

Indeed, if true, the old company has went out of business for no good reason!

Well, that's what I mean.

Assuming this is true, the process can hardly be reversed, can it? Where do we even start to aim our counter-attacks at?

Can't look back now.

CW fucked us, them are the breaks.

We know we didn't do wrong and the draconian punishments were/are a fecking joke. Strip titles?

Aye try it if this is ture.

Corrupt wankers.

Whats done is done but strangely if we do win this thing I think I'll be even more angry than I was ever over the last year

If true, not sure how to take it. Should be a big help in fight to keep titles and a big fuck you to the sporting integrity brigade.

But leaves a sickening taste that everything with that cunt Whyte could, should & would have been avoided!

That said, I want our name cleared. I want our fairly won titles to be vindicated...and will just have to use this injustice to reinforce our battle back to the top which will be even sweeter!

We have been unable to reach a unanimous view. The following decision represents the joint (majority) opinion of Mr Mure and Mr Rae. All references to the Tribunal’s views and inferences therein should be construed as referring to their views only. The dissenting opinion of Dr Poon is added as an Appendix

5 and should be read independently.

http://www.financeandtaxtribunals.gov.uk/judgmentfiles/j6851/TC02372.pdf

Income Tax and NIC – Schedule E – emoluments/earnings – tax avoidance

scheme - Remuneration Trust – employees’ individual sub-trusts –

“protectors” - (1) whether payments by employer into trust represent

emoluments subject to PAYE and NIC; - (2) whether benefits (particularly

loans) derived by employees from the Remuneration Trust represent

emoluments subject to PAYE and NIC; - (3) “Ramsay” doctrine – whether

applicable – whether trust and loan arrangements artificial and fall to be

disregarded; - No - Appeal allowed.

Looks like we won.