SPL debt >£12M

Bluepeter9

The figures I compiled looked at only the clubs who were in the SPL last season and are still there this season - overall a 3% increase.

It is likely that overall attendances would be down, due to the loss of the Rangers attendances, but this does not hurt the SPL clubs as that money always went to Rangers.

The two games against us last season that now don't happen will hurt them.

Clearly I wasn't paying much attention last year then because absolutely nobody is turning up to watch football this season. Last season must have been ludicrous

Just looked at the latest attendance stats (previously did it 3 weeks ago)

Attendances are now down by 3% from last season.

-12% Celtic -3% Hearts 17% Aberdeen 7% Hibs 10% Dundee UTD -15% Motherwell -13% Kilmarnock 2% St Mirren 2% Inverness -3% St Johnstone -3% Overall

It just seems ridiculous to me that SFL would consider joining a SPL2 when the SPL cant even run one league profitably.

Particularly so when SFL1 would largely be the likely SPL2, they are getting no significant step up for no significant cash whilst betraying their SFL colleagues to the SPL's manipulative, deceitful and immoral ways

Particularly so when SFL1 would largely be the likely SPL2, they are getting no significant step up for no significant cash whilst betraying their SFL colleagues to the SPL's manipulative, deceitful and immoral ways

We dont know exactly what sort of payment they would get, but i would presume that settlement to the SFL would be reduced. This may mean the the SPL2 pretty much gets all of that money, so it would be of benefit to the SFL1 clubs.

They may also see a greater opportunity to get into the SPL1 as there will be 4 promotion places, and also they will have the chance to play SPL1 clubs during the split.

That is all speculation because I do not know exactly what figures they will be quoted.

Would they perhaps earn more money in future season if they wait until rangers are in their league (better sponsorship, attendances and TV money in the SFL)

Attendances are actually up by 3% this year overall, but massively done at Kilmarnock, Motherwell and Celtic.

... with us out of the division I am assuming like for like games are up 3% NOT up 3% overall as that does NOT compute.....

I agree, but the headline is misleading and portrays a far more rosy picture than the article and it was that which I was addressing. Apologies for the lack of clarity.

I think the headlineis inaccuate and poor reporting :pipe: - when you read the article it is more like £12M losses as they talk about a £2M overallprofit previous season.

Your debt level is about right andif these were losses the debt level is likely to have increased.

... with us out of the division I am assuming like for like games are up 3% NOT up 3% overall as that does NOT compute.....

The figure I quoted of +3% was from a few weeks ago, it is now -3%.

This was calculated using the average attendance of the 10 SPL clubs who have been in the SPL last season and this season. It does not look at individual matches, just average so far this season against average last season.

The report is for 2010-11. Did we not post a profit of about £10 million that year as well after making Champions League? If that is right then the other teams losses were over £20 million and expected to get even worse without us!

From STV sport

The SPL faces a “race to the bottom” unless clubs can find new ways of increasing income, financial experts have warned.

The absence of Rangers could accelerate the decline in standards in the league, says the annual report into SPL finances by accountants Price Waterhouse Coopers.

The report, entitled ‘Calm Before the Storm’ reviews the off-field performances for 2010/11 but PWC have also used the figures as guide for the future of the top league teams.

In his introduction, David Glen of PWC says corrective measures are required to halt a fall in standards, and attendances.

He said: “The SPL must do its utmost to avoid a race to the bottom - less investment in players reducing the quality and standard, which could in effect drive more fans away in terms of attendances and merchandising spend, while broadcasters could be less willing to invest at the same levels due to reduced interest and exposure.

"An SPL without Rangers may simply accelerate this. As a result, it is crucial that the SPL clubs identify new revenue streams or other ways to raise new finance – without this the future financial road will be rocky."

The report gives Kilmarnock’s Park Hotel as the best example of an existing non-footballing revenue stream and urges more clubs to look into similar idea.

It reads: “The league faced obstacles from the wider economic environment and a continued squeeze on disposable income.

“Reduced spend has directly impacted on the bottom lines of clubs through a combination of falling attendances, merchandise sales and other match-day income such as catering.

“This has forced clubs to seek revenue from non-footballing activities. Kilmarnock continues to lead the way with its Park Hotel, which generated £2.2m of its £7.1m revenue.

“St Mirren has expressed an interest in maximising income from new facilities. We anticipate this trend to become more prevalent in the business models of other clubs.”

The report highlights that SPL club went from a cumulative £2.1m profit to a loss of £2.5m – much of that down to Celtic having less European games. The total also took into account an £8.8m debt-for-equity swap by Hearts and Aberdeen revaluing Pittodrie to shave £600,000 from their liabilities.

Wages for 2010/11 fell to £99m – below the £100m for the first time since 2005/06 and a reduction of £4m from the previous year.

Attendances fell by 1% to just above 3.1 million. Over the season Aberdeen welcomed 25,308 less fans to their stadium, while Rangers saw a drop in attendances of 42,921 over the season.

Player trading dropped in the SPL, with £11m coming in, compared to £19m in 2009/10. PWC said the model clubs should try to use it developing players to sell to the cash-rich English market.

TV rights were sold for an additional £3m per season for 2010/11, up to £16m for the campaign, but PWC estimates that the deal would be written down by around 70% as a result of the liquidation of Rangers.

While PWC said it could not make accurate predictions on the impact of Rangers being re-admitted to the league in SFL’s Division Three, it highlighted that the Glasgow club alone contributed almost £20m of the league’s total turnover of £57m, and accounted for £3.6m in matchday revenues.

Delighted with the accounts.

Just shows you how mad this lot are, instead of building bridges with RFC they are intent on chasing us and stripping titles. Mean while, their own house is falling down round about them.

If you needed proof of an agenda against the great RFC, you have it.

You can't make it up.

N/S

Given that all the SPL clowns are in agreement for two leagues of 12, lets hope that all the SFL teams stick with Rangers and tell them to get fucked. Going by the figures quoted in the thread it does'nt seem like a good idea for the SFL clubs to jump into bed with SPL, so if CG says no to them + they will be no tv deal with us, I think the SFL should not accept any offers to unite with them, so over to you MR Longmuir. ps Also when our illegal transfer embargo is over I hope we make a point of not buying any more players from the spl shit that put our team in peril as you can now see our buying Templeton from Hearts has helped to stop them going bust.

i wouldn't say it stopped them going bust, merely a stop gap before the inevitable.

We came off best in the Templeton deal, he'll be a stand out player for us.

Given that all the SPL clowns are in agreement for two leagues of 12, lets hope that all the SFL teams stick with Rangers and tell them to get fucked. Going by the figures quoted in the thread it does'nt seem like a good idea for the SFL clubs to jump into bed with SPL, so if CG says no to them + they will be no tv deal with us, I think the SFL should not accept any offers to unite with them, so over to you MR Longmuir. ps Also when our illegal transfer embargo is over I hope we make a point of not buying any more players from the spl shit that put our team in peril as you can now see our buying Templeton from Hearts has helped to stop them going bust.

I'd rather we buy their best talent for insultingly low prices as we go up the divisions. In fact we should sign their best young talent whilst the illegal embargo is on.