Let's sponsor a player - SIGN UP HERE!

govanblue

I'm in. Think I can stretch to a tenner if I cut back on my fine wining and dining with the current Mrs MK.

Put the shirt up for auction on RM and donate the cash to charity. Or ask the club to do it and see if they'll let the lucky person get presented it by the side of the pitch at half time during a game.

Its all good whatever happens. WATP!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Count me in. Think I can stretch to a tenner if I cut back on my fine wining and dining with the current Mrs MK.

Put the shirt up for auction on RM and donate the cash to charity. Or ask the club to do it and see if they'll let the lucky person get presented it by the side of the pitch at half time during a game.

Its all good whatever happens. WATP!

Well done noble Sir!

Chivalry is alive and well in Maddiston. :clap:

If the momentum picks up again, I'll start a new thread to discuss all the technical aspects like what to do with the shirt.

Well done noble Sir!

If the momentum picks up again, I'll start a new thread to discuss all the technical aspects like what to do with the shirt.

Chivalry and Maddiston. Two words never heard in the same sentence!

see your post count - 1690. I will say no more

Yes, that would definitely be on the table. Hold that thought for the new thread.

I'd imagine we'd discuss it, lay out the options, then have a poll.

Sounds perfectly acceptable to me. If we don't get to the 90 members I could chuck an extra tenner in if need be.

Sounds perfectly acceptable to me. If we don't get to the 90 members I could chuck an extra tenner in if need be.

Good man - I'll mark you down with the few other generous souls, but I'm hopeful if we get that close, that would motivate a few others to just sign up anyway.

Well done noble Sir!

Momentum is fine mate, halfway there after a day and a half. nacho_nacho_man is going to phone today to see if it's full price for a half-season as well, so you never know - we could be nearer than you think.

What to do with the shirt - I'd suggest one of two things: A draw among members involved to see who gets it (£10 donation gets one 'ticket,' £20 gets two, etc if people want to donate more); Raffle/auction it for charity, with a draw as above for a member to present the shirt and cheque. I prefer the second option myself, but everyone involved should be involved in the decision.

Lastly, I'm going to donate personally but if we don't make it to the amount I'd suggest (I have already) that RangersMedia make up any shortfall. Nothing guaranteed yet, but I don't see any problem. Let's see what nacho_nacho_man finds out, give it some time for more pledges, then see where we are (tu)

Too many letters :P

BTW, well done you on being subscriber 52 (tu)

I bet you've been keeping count just so you can jump in at the right moment :thumbup:

I never even noticed the thread till there mate! Its one of the best ideas I've ever read on here! In saying that when you're competing against threads like "let's hire oot dens park to piss off utd and put the game on a screen" it doesn't really say much :D

I never even noticed the thread till there mate! Its one of the best ideas I've ever read on here! In saying that when you're competing against threads like "let's hire oot dens park to piss off utd and put the game on a screen" it doesn't really say much :D

Oooh! I haven't seen that thread - Count me in!! :craphead:

:huh:

I missed that, whose idea was that? :lol:doh

Right, I've been in contact with hospitality and spoke with Lisa (who organises the sponsorship).

2 is the maximum number of people who can meet the sponsored player...I did try to bargain for more, no such luck.

As I thought we will be able to get a pro rata'd rate for this season. This will work out at between £550 and £600. Basically we're almost there!

We'll need to act quickly though as the spots are being taken, Kyle has been taken. From memory Cole, Faure, Stella and Gallacher are left.

Cole gets my vote but perhaps we could get a poll put in place.

Anyhow back to work.

Cheers.