£9 million budget for stadium improvements...

wearethepeople1

Whatever happened to filling the corners in?

The roof on the main stand, indeed all the stands, needs fixed, that's clear to see. It's covered in shite and needs repaired. It leaks and drips on to the enclosures.

You will find that if maintenance hasn't been done on mechanical and electrical services for two years it will be quite easy to run into a couple of million on replacing heating and ventilation plant, of which under-soil heating will be a big part, and electrical equipment, generators etc.

I would imagine even a coat of paint would run to a few bob and we don't know what plans Charlie has for internal modifications to cater for offices etc. building works.

I know a company that wouldn't mind being involved in some of that.

I think the screens will be gone in the future. The way charles Green is going he will do anything to make money which is brilliant as long as he makes us money along with that it's fine.

He's seen our corwds, if theirs a chance of him putting in more seats which would mean more tickets getting sold he'll for that.

(tu):uk:

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make the enclosure standing again, the back of it are some of the worst seats in scottish football. Dig another 5 rows down, lower the pitch. That means more seats & the fans are closer to the park.

Change the food kiosks to greggs or something

Make the enclosure standing again, the back of it are some of the worst seats in scottish football. Dig another 5 rows down, lower the pitch. That means more seats & the fans are closer to the park.

Could we start selling beer like Arsenal do or is that to much for people up here to handle?

They have thick mayonnaise on everything so naw to that. They could have struck a deal with Halls of Broxburn to keep their factory open and provide half decent grub to Ibrox.

Or Brownings the Bakers from doon Ayrshire way but not sure if they're allied wi Killie cos of them pies, but they are pretty damn tasty.

I reckon the pies at Ibrox are just reheated week to week til they sell them all or they get too many claims in for dental work.

These were the original plans for the corners which were released in Rangers news in 1994, they were changed to accomodate screens with the plan of showing away games live at Ibrox. The change of these plans were probably more to do with structural problems of filling them with seats.

I remember when I saw these original corner plans, it looked amazing!!! Was a bit gutted when I saw the screen go up instead of seats.

I remember when I saw these original corner plans, it looked amazing!!! Was a bit gutted when I saw the screen go up instead of seats.

When did the screens go in? And why did they decide to go with screens instead of more seats? Surely having more seats would benifit Rangers more than screens would?

When did the screens go in? And why did they decide to go with screens instead of more seats? Surely having more seats would benifit Rangers more than screens would?

The original seating plans were from 1994 & the screens were built in 1996.They had planned use the screens to "beam back" live away games to ibrox but I don't remember this ever happening.

It's more likely this was the back up options as the cost of all seats would have been to high.

The original seating plans were from 1994 & the screens were built in 1996.They had planned use the screens to "beam back" live away games to ibrox but I don't remember this ever happening.

It's more likely this was the back up options as the cost of all seats would have been to high.

Aye that did happen i remember going and watch Killie v Rangers Ally McCoist played for Killie at the time and it was his last game. (tu)

has the gf1 stuff nothing to do with the club?

i had presumed that the surrounding area would be used to generate money for the club, but if that was the case it would definately be detailed in the prospectus would it not?

hope its not going to be a money maker for other people with gers getting fuck all, would have hoped atleast rental fees from shops, flats, hotel etc would have went into the club.

has the gf1 stuff nothing to do with the club?

i had presumed that the surrounding area would be used to generate money for the club, but if that was the case it would definately be detailed in the prospectus would it not?

hope its not going to be a money maker for other people with gers getting fuck all, would have hoped atleast rental fees from shops, flats, hotel etc would have went into the club.

G51 project. Think thats more to do with the common wealth games?

Aye that did happen i remember going and watch Killie v Rangers Ally McCoist played for Killie at the time and it was his last game. (tu)

Was there a big crowd at Ibrox? Pitty they stopped doing it, if we need to have the screens we should be making the most of them. I'm sure I remember that the SPL or SFA had stopped us using them for away games, might be wrong though.

Standing section.

Remove screen and put seats higher up, would make the atmosphere better and would be louder with noise coming from all areas.

When selling season tickets, ask the person buying if they want to be in a section with everyone sitting etc or would they like to be in a section where people may stand and sing etc. Im so sick of having to sit quietly the whole game because people with kids take offense to every song sung and every word shouted. Kids should be in the family section.

I sound like such a grumpy bastard

allys last game for killie was spent sat on the bench at ibrox with the whole place singing his name. Bobby Williamson lillie manager at the time said after the game that he was never gonna play him as it would have given rangers a lift not his own side.

allys last game for killie was spent sat on the bench at ibrox with the whole place singing his name. Bobby Williamson lillie manager at the time said after the game that he was never gonna play him as it would have given rangers a lift not his own side.

Boaby always did like a bit of gardening...

Fix those screens in the main stand rear and if it's possible create a bit more leg room.

Remove that horrible sign on top of the Broamland.

Remove those panels at the side of the Broamland and Copland.

Get the big screens in the corner to fuck, I can't even see them anyway

I think some people are being a bit unrealistic as to what can be done with £9million.

My bet would be that no structural work or additional capacity is planned by Green using this £9 million.

It will be used for the schemes Green has proposed already (ticket office, store, catering/bar facilities) as well as essential maintenance to the stadium.

To make any significant increase in capacity that involve structural changes (filling in the corners, new tiers etc) would cost hundreds of millions. It is much cheaper these days to knock three stands down and start from scratch.

If we are talking blue sky (money limitless), I would love to see all lower tiers as standing, upper tiers seated, corners filled in and an additional tier on the copland, govan and broomloan stands.