A bitter beast writing for montrose in the matchday programme.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To go down the lets boycott for everything route belittles our support and dilutes the affect of our boycott of Tanadice. On the one hand I think some people need to get out of the perma-offended frame of mind but at the same time I think things like this that are in print form is very poor from Montrose and we should make our feelings known via the club. The actions of the individual who wrote it may not be representative of the club though but as usual it has given the obsessed some ammunition and they are all salivating over it on twitter....so so sad.

To go down the lets boycott for everything route belittles our support and dilutes the affect of our boycott of Tanadice. On the one hand I think some people need to get out of the perma-offended frame of mind but at the same time I think things like this that are in print form is very poor from Montrose and we should make our feelings known via the club. The actions of the individual who wrote it may not be representative of the club though but as usual it has given the obsessed some ammunition and they are all salivating over it on twitter....so so sad.

It's not about offence, it's about spreading blatant lies.

Would third divisions even fear a boycott as much as the struggling top flight? Personally I'd settle for extracting an apology from the club - I'm less bothered about what the piss-drinking fans of other Scottish clubs say, but club sanctioned products should not be used to spread lies.

Well you sound a bit scathing of the idea of boycotting.

When it's for something as small as this then absolutely.

Honestly, what next ? Boycotting someone else for using a small r at the start of Rangers in their match programme ? We're starting to look like a very pitiful bunch.

When it's for something as small as this then absolutely.

Honestly, what next ? Boycotting someone else for using a small r at the start of Rangers in their match programme ? We're starting to look like a very pitiful bunch.

I disagree, this issue has come down to spreading blatant lies. There are no grey areas at all after the ECA stuff yesterday.

What to do...complain!. I enjoy getting to know these 3rd division clubs, but when some of them try to be knobs then we should take action. Fuck Montrose, and i will certainly be sending off a complaint as it's a plain lie that is there in writing. I used to be of the opinion that it doesn't matter, and that we shouldn't complain, but those days are long gone.

We don't do dignity no more - fight fire with fire.

Seriously, if you can't handle this kind of stuff football isn't the game for you I'm afraid.

I never said I couldn't handle it did I? No need to invent words.

I was pointing out I don't believe it to be a trivial issue, we have to fight for our history and not let others smear it.

Who are the "Glasgow Rangers" he refers to ?

We'll find that there's some fenian scum who writes their magazines for them. But, no doubt it must be approved by somebody senior at the club - and that's the guy that our Mr Traynor must tackle.

They must come to Ibrox. We can write the truth about them, the magazine can compare honours between the two clubs. Shove it right down their timmigrant necks.

Every day I must pray and thank God that I am a Protestant, and a Rangers supporter. In God we trust.

1 or 2 people do not make a club and this could well be another Rangers hater having an opportunity to have a dig. The club should ask for an apology about this and we should laugh at the bitter tims. No need to boycott anyone in the lower leagues just embarrass the Rangers haters when they do this stuff and they will keep doing things like this because they cant resist it, so embarrassment is the best weapon to use here. :moon:

I never said I couldn't handle it did I? No need to invent words.

I was pointing out I don't believe it to be a trivial issue, we have to fight for our history and not let others smear it.

Your way of handling this nothing matter is to boycott the ground completely ? Handling it well....