Genuine Bears opinion needed!

gersandy

Just had an argument with another bluenose about the players who departed. Naismith, Whittaker, McGregor, etc.

His argument was, these players were entitled to leave, due to the fact the wage cuts they took that enabled us to complete the season.

Although we should be grateful for what they done for the club (some took 75% wage cuts), for me its still a bitter pill to swallow. Especially the way Naismith left, using excuses of rangers being liquidated, new club, bullshit basically.

I know we've talked about this on and on, but is there any other bears on here with the same view as this guy?

Just had an argument with another bluenose about the players who departed. Naismith, Whittaker, McGregor, etc.

His argument was, these players were entitled to leave, due to the fact the wage cuts they took that enabled us to complete the season.

Although we should be grateful for what they done for the club (some took 75% wage cuts), for me its still a bitter pill to swallow. Especially the way Naismith left, using excuses of rangers being liquidated, new club, bullshit basically.

I know we've talked about this on and on, but is there any other bears on here with the same view as this guy?

I find it hard to 'hate' anyone especially those who have worn our Jersey and the vitrol they are subjected to makes me cringe, especially as they did reduce wages to help us when needed - I think they could have acted better when they left but to hate them for it, na life is to short.

No, shit thread alarm going off

Been over this a number of times, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Hate them? No. Would pish on them if they were on fire? No.

all they had to do was transfer over and Mr Green would have sold them for a pittance, which was agreed with each player when they took their wage cut. In some ways, THEY were the ones who pulled a fast one as they had ready made get out of jail cards which they tore up for the veritable Royal Pardon of a free transfer thereby pocketing lots of lolly. Very noble of them in my eyes. Not.

This is where I kind of on the fence here. I like the fact they took pay cuts to help the club, I am feck off they screw us over when they did not transfer their contracts over to the new company and we lost millions through sales of these player, but at the same time I am glad they feck off because could we afford to keep them on the books and pay their contract wages. I dont know enough about this so just basing it on what I know.

Are any of the 3 players mentioned out of pocket NO

did the 3 players act with the best interest of our club at heart NO

were they part of a scheme to make it look as if they were looking after the little people at our club, while in fact were making sure that at the end of the day they would be making out of it YES

Part of the wage reduction deal was that Rangers put stupidly low release clauses into their contracts.

These low clauses would enable any player no longer wishing to remain at Rangers a chance to negotiate themselves a really good financial deal with any clubs they decided to move to.

The players too the wage reduction then failed to see it through and transfer over, they went for the really good option (for them) and walked away for fuck all and probably got themselves a good million pound each for signing on bonuses.

RATS

Yes, they were all entitled to leave. They could have left like Broadfoot and Edu. They chose to leave another way. I won't waste my energy hating them, but they are persona non grata as far as I'm concerned.

It seems to me that they didn't have the guts, nor the confidence in their own value in the transfer market, to risk being put in the shop window at a price. They didn't want to get stuck with us if no club decided to put down hard cash for them. They ran off as fast as they could to the first club that would look twice at them, and called it "looking after my future and my family." Every single player who elected not to transfer their contract over made a decision rooted in weakness and misguided self-preservation, and they deserve absolute and unending coldness from Rangers FC and its loyal fans for as long as they live.

Part of the wage reduction deal was that Rangers put stupidly low release clauses into their contracts.

These low clauses would enable any player no longer wishing to remain at Rangers a chance to negotiate themselves a really good financial deal with any clubs they decided to move to.

The players too the wage reduction then failed to see it through and transfer over, they went for the really good option (for them) and walked away for fuck all and probably got themselves a good million pound each for signing on bonuses.

RATS

Exactly!!!

Is your mate called Steven Naismith?

I find it hard to 'hate' anyone especially those who have worn our Jersey and the vitrol they are subjected to makes me cringe, especially as they did reduce wages to help us when needed - I think they could have acted better when they left but to hate them for it, na life is to short.

Dress it up any way you like but it was blatant opportunism every last one is forever in the hall of shame, but I respect others who chose to be good Christians and forgive. I'm atheist

Don't hate any of them. It would be too much to expect them to stay for 3rd division wages BUT the decent thing to do would have been transferring their contracts to the new owners and then demand a transfer. At least the club would have got some sort of fee. They'd likely have gone for a song anyway since I think they got some kind of nominal release amount added to their contract when the took the wage hit.

And more than one of them owed us after they were well paid and well looked after during long injury lay offs when the club was getting nothing from them.

As I say, don't hate them but neither do I want any of them back.

They negotiated before accepting the wage reduction to ensure their potential transfer fee was a huge bargain for any prospective buying club.They did not keep their end of the deal by allowing the process to reach the conclusion some of them dug their heels in to be part of their contract. No respect at all for these players.

They took a cut in wages, out of the goodness of their heart they will tell you, however they also negotiated a win for themselves by stipulating reduced transfer fees. That way they would more than make up the wages lost in signing on fees.

They moved without us getting a transfer fee, so they let the club down