The Goldfish Bowl Complex

Gaz92

https://theibroxroar...h-bowl-complex/

To all fellow RM enthusiasts (and to those pesky guests) mind taking a read at my blog?

It's about this Sevco mob, and the inability for some to shake it off.

Enjoy. :D

http://www.angelfire.com/ga2/kittenkaboodle4/images/gfish20.gif

Good Blog Gaz (tu) the sad fact is these 'bloggers' have no conception of reality, i think the excitment of thinking we would die, followed by the anguish of realising SPL or SFL3 it does'nt matter as We Will Follow On, and the whole world talking about Rangers revival, has sent them over the edge and now they cling to their shattered fantasys of 'Sevco' like a child clings to their teddys at night. They truely are to be pityed as hate is all they have left.

You spelt your name wrong mate.

My name isn't actually Gaz92 believe it or not. :sherlock:.

Cheers for the comment chaps, really just feeling my way into the blogging world but enjoy writing this stuff anyway! As someone said above, it is a difficult subject to shake off. With the clarification coming from the footballing bodies on the matter, it's becoming easier to laugh off and it's looking desperate. But as long as there's people out there wishing to spread lies, there's always a subject to be discussed.

Cheers for the comment chaps, really just feeling my way into the blogging world but enjoy writing this stuff anyway! As someone said above, it is a difficult subject to shake off. With the clarification coming from the footballing bodies on the matter, it's becoming easier to laugh off and it's looking desperate. But as long as there's people out there wishing to spread lies, there's always a subject to be discussed.

Now it's all coming out!

I get tongue tied when people say the club is dead. I think it's just utterly stupid, and there's little point in debating. It's like trying to tell those Westboro scumbags that they are misguided, zealotry, willful stupidy, and general shunning of logic.

I get tongue tied when people say the club is dead. I think it's just utterly stupid, and there's little point in debating. It's like trying to tell those Westboro scumbags that they are misguided, zealotry, willful stupidy, and general shunning of logic.

Ask them to give you one source to back it up. I say give me one footballing body that agrees with what you say, and then it can be discussed.

Ask them to give you one source to back it up. I say give me one footballing body that agrees with what you say, and then it can be discussed.

That's exactly right, several footballing bodies have backed up continuation of history, whereas the club being defunct is solely reported by FANS OF TEAMS THAT DON'T LIKE RANGERS.

It's also quite arrogant when they say (and they do), yeah ECA made that statement but they are actually wrong, Rangers are defunct and that's a fact.

Erm, who the fuck are you then? Some twat? Aye

As the week leading up to the day of celebrating goodwill to all men begins, it also signals the week in which Celtic are faced with the exciting prospect of finding out their last 16 opponents in the Champions League.

And cards on the table, let’s face it, there are fewer bigger moments a club from the this small nation of football can actually hope to achieve. So, as you can imagine, that is the only story on the edge of those of a Celtic persuasion’s mind, yeah?

In fact, I almost couldn’t finish that sentence without stifling a laugh. The main topic of discussion – the same as it has been since the start of the season – is still all about Rangers. Or “Sevco” as it is now strangely known to as some.

I don’t doubt there are plenty of Celtic fans out there who only really have an interest in their own affairs, but everywhere you look it is still all about Rangers.

Go to the phone-in’s – listen to grown men shout down the phone as someone referred to Rangers as the same club. Go to fan pages, watch them in meltdown as they keep up with blow by blow updates of the IPO issue.

Go to Twitter – read the timeline of Grant Russell and see those who question him for contacting UEFA for clarification.

Suddenly he is a “Sevco” man for sharing facts. Are UEFA also “Sevco” men?

Then there’s the one that sticks out most – go to the blogs. In the last couple of days, two blogs have been published by individuals who have quite a name for themselves amongst the “Internet Bampots” due to their work of the last few months.

Angela Haggerty and Phil Phil - The Failed Journalist’s – two figures behind the book called “Downfall” have both published blogs trying to inform the masses of how Rangers are no longer a club.

Haggerty’s effort is called “Why the word Sevco matters”.

Hold the phone here. Let’s pull this juggernaut into the side of the road for just a second. Exactly why does it matter?

Putting facts to one side for one second, if Rangers actually were defunct, and “Sevco” are now plying their trade in Division Three (which Angela clearly thinks), what concern is it to her?

If the club is dead, then surely the rivalry is dead? Why go out of your way to write a full blog based on this brand new club that is doing nothing to cause you harm?

However, that can be put to one side by now – time to explore the content:

“Yes, Sevco. Yes, a different club. Yes, it matters.”

“This is about injustice, and everyone who continues to use the word Sevco instead of Rangers is standing up to it.”

“Sevco is not a demoted Rangers. Rangers went out of business. The club went bust.

Sevco is a new club and rules were created on-the-go by the SFA to accommodate it.

Sevco is lucky to be in the Third Division, other small clubs which have paid their dues should have been ahead of them.”

Now, I could use the rest of this blog to correct everything she said.

I could state the differences between the club and the company; I could use the Leeds example, then the Gretna example to show the differences.

I could offer quotes from HMRC, the SFA, UEFA and the ELC that contradicts each of the above quotes. These are the points that are completely ignored in this piece of fiction.

But let’s be honest here, is there any point? I could fill three blogs worth of evidence that proves how incorrect she is and it still would mean not a jot.

Minds have been made up and no matter how many official governing bodies come out to clarify the matter, it simply isn’t enough. It never will be, as it is being viewed in the smallest, narrow-minded point of view by some.

Now time for the blog of Phil - The Failed Journalist’s blog; “Sevco and Identity Theft”. This is just something completely different. Although it is obviously singing from the same hymn sheet as Haggerty’s blog, the ignorance of it is just on a whole other level (No surprise though, that it was hailed by Haggerty as “Brilliant stuff”). His hate-filled blog stumbles across many simply outrageous lines, several references to “the klan”, “fascist associates”, and perhaps my favourite, the “Herrenvolk swagger”.

The blog simply radiates hatred and bitterness.

His ignorance is bliss in his shocking generalisation and entirely incorrect stereotyping of what a Rangers fan is.

When someone holds such resentment towards a club and a group of people, is it really possible to take a word said by them seriously?

As The Scotsman pointed out recently, how can a man who stated in his book, “Please let this football club die”, be taken seriously as a fair and impartial reviewer of this situation? His rants are borderline lunacy, and the content could easily be perceived as an attempt to incite trouble.

These two stinging blogs smack of desperation. From a scale of peddling incorrect opinions, to blatant insult and offensive remarks, these two have the lot and it is certainly no coincidence that they both come out right on the back of the ECA’s announcement.

So what can it be put down to? Is it simply a misinterpretation of the facts? Months ago, I could understand this. No doubts about it, this was a complex process. The different companies, the membership, TUPE, etc, there was a lot to keep track of, and I can imagine even the most clued-up Rangers fan struggled to understand the full extent of the facts.

Now, can this be the case? When the ECA comes out, and states with no hesitation, “The organisation considers the club’s history to be continuous regardless of the change of company.”, can this really be ignored? No messing about, this is almost as official as it will get.

So what now? Can it be passed off as anything other than sheer ignorance – a determination to believe something that simply isn’t there? Despite the facts being laid out in plain English for all to observe, they are blanked and brushed off.

The “goldfish bowl” complex, of course, refers to the magnifying and distorting of the affairs in Scottish football.

It is happening day-in, day-out, and as I heard the panel agree on Superscoreboard last night as I tuned in for my weekly chuckle, it is becoming extremely tiring. It also refers to the idea of the fish banging its head off the bowl, before coming back and doing the same thing seconds later.

Remind you of anyone?

Does peddling the “new club” line on a persistent basis help some? It has become a line that some can’t bring themselves to start a conversation about Scottish football without using. Does it help replace the differences between fans which would in years past have been settled over an on-the-pitch battle? Or does it help fill the void of disappointment that Rangers do still battle on in Division Three with a loyal support?

These are all hypothetical reasons, of course, and none that I will be able to come to a conclusion on by myself.

I have no doubt these attempts to suggest otherwise to the governing bodies will continue, but they are becoming more futile and more desperate.

Time to stop banging the head off the side of the bowl – it is time to move on.

The pen is mightier than the sword. Good read (tu)

Good read Garry

In my opinion the Angela haggerty blog is a fishing trip by the obsessed.

I hope no bear is stupid enough to give this bint any abuse.

I'm sure focus will be keeping an eye on replies to that blog.

The oxygen of publicity is all they are craving

here.

Write about rangers next time Garry just ignore these idiots they are only preaching to the delusional amongst the green and grey.

:uk:

Good read Garry

here.

Write about rangers next time Garry just ignore these idiots they are only preaching to the delusional amongst the green and grey.

thats great shout re focus. I think we may find a number of items like this and now that they have failed in everything they have tried to do to kill us off that the great unwashed will look to try and garner some negative publicity re us. Lets not give them the chance.

Good read Garry

here.

thats great shout re focus. I think we may find a number of items like this and now that they have failed in everything they have tried to do to kill us off that the great unwashed will look to try and garner some negative publicity re us. Lets not give them the chance.

Good read Garry

here.

I do understand that point, and you probably are right. But although I focus on those two blogs, it's a problem plaguing football in this country. The inability to have a conversation without mentioning "Sevco" is dull, petty, childish and ruining a lot.

I've got a couple of other blogs coming up anyway, already written one that is a reflection on the tear as a whole, and might write one on naming rights of the stadium. Hope you enjoy. :D