Should Ally Just Go?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on it's the third division these guys are plumbers and painters for a living ... today was all about us backing off after we got the goal and expecting to win but if the truth be told the bigger picture is I'm dreading Ally being given money to spend :anguish:

I understand that the 3rd Div is full of plumbers and painters, but when you onganise a team in the box like that, it becomes very hard to break through, although we did enough to win the game if only we could finish our chances.

We backed off a bit as we had been attacking none stop.. sometimes you need to give your players a wee bit of a rest.. I dont believe the players thought that we had won the game. Ally would have made sure that they went out there hungry for, at the very least, a second!

Two up front. Little is wasted out wide, not a natural wide player IMO.

I don't see what point he's trying to make with playing him out there, just like he does with Jig when he shifts him to the middle of the park ?

Is it purely because Walter would do something like that ?

I understand that the 3rd Div is full of plumbers and painters, but when you onganise a team in the box like that, it becomes very hard to break through, although we did enough to win the game if only we could finish our chances.

We backed off a bit as we had been attacking none stop.. sometimes you need to give your players a wee bit of a rest.. I dont believe the players thought that we had won the game. Ally would have made sure that they went out there hungry for, at the very least, a second!

You know I was saying to the guy beside me after the first goal I hope we don't get the second onel too soon because that's the game effectively over ... suffice to say I wasn't saying that in the last few minutes when it was all hands to the pump :anguish: .

As far as I'm concerned we shouldn't be anywhere near division 3 let alone losing games there :angry:

I dont really think that today was about formations... We had plenty of players up the park and circled their box for most of the game. We were faced with a wall of defenders that was hard to break down.. once the wall was broken down, we were poor in finishing the chances.

Even the best teams in the world struggle to break teams down that play this way...we are not gonna be any different, no matter who we play!

It's a managers job to field a team playing to a formation that is out there to overcome such a defense. Such as quick 1-2s and players making late runs from midfield into the box........the crossing situation plays into the packed defensive set up. and the quality of the balls today made it even easier for them................a few weeks ago a couple of guys mentioned...........................that we have a great opportunity to get a fast free flowing football game developed due to being in the lower leagues.

If we do not grasp this opportunity , then we will have problems in later years. Youths should be learning this type of play and have to say that youngsters that have played, do show the required knowledge.......they pass and move and seem to have the know how to let the ball move forward without having to stop and either always knock it back or stop it and move back with it to turn............we should be looking for players to come in and be used to this style.

Re the youngsters that are doing as mentioned above..........this I think is their outlook and perhaps not Allys ......not having a go , merely pointing out that Ally seems not to have grasped the concept ..........of letting the ball doing the work and that a payer running of the ball to make room fro a pass, is as skilful as they guy who beats two or three players at a time,

Correct. I watched it on the internet where I had the benefit of a whole range of camera angles to further clarify any contentious moments as opposed to being sat in a stadium where small things can be missed very easily.

Although how my opinion on a game I wasn't at is related to pointing out Walter Smith and his 'continental' period escapes me.

I said go watch the 9IAR dvd, Smith wasn't in charge throughout 9IAR

It's a managers job to field a team playing to a formation that is out there to overcome such a defense. Such as quick 1-2s and players making late runs from midfield into the box........the crossing situation plays into the packed defensive set up. and the quality of the balls today made it even easier for them................a few weeks ago a couple of guys mentioned...........................that we have a great opportunity to get a fast free flowing football game developed due to being in the lower leagues.

If we do not grasp this opportunity , then we will have problems in later years. Youths should be learning this type of play and have to say that youngsters that have played, do show the required knowledge.......they pass and move and seem to have the know how to let the ball move forward without having to stop and either always knock it back or stop it and move back with it to turn............we should be looking for players to come in and be used to this style.

Re the youngsters that are doing as mentioned above..........this I think is their outlook and perhaps not Allys ......not having a go , merely pointing out that Ally seems not to have grasped the concept ..........of letting the ball doing the work and that a payer running of the ball to make room fro a pass, is as skilful as they guy who beats two or three players at a time,

Granted I'm only 27 and you would have seen plenty more football matches than me but a packed defence isn't the easiest to play 1-2's through. Crosses into that packed area are more likely to cause confusion and create chances than trying to wiggle through gaps that aren't there.

This has been brewing for months. Having been to ibrox for most home games this season we have played the same on every occasion.

No creativity in midfield, shaky defence and a lack of urgency,

Can anyone explain to me why Mccoist plays 1 up front against part time teams??

He plays effectively 2 defensive midfielders in Black and Hutton most of the time and today as an example played one our most creative players in Mcleod

out wide! Yes the boy scored but a lack of chances there after says it all.

Your not allowed to even suggest Ally leaving the club on this forum but if he cant get it right against part timers what hope have we got!

For a system like 3-3-4 or a 3-4-3 when playing teams in the 3rd division.................just a thought...............looking at the game and reading posts about loads and loads of chances being missed............sorry but I never noticed loads and loads. I noticed poor final balls being played and hopeless crosses into the box for the striker......yes striker.

So should we really go for an attacking formation and look to bury teams early doors, then bring on players for game time that are either coming back from injury or not good enough form wise to start the game.

Thank fuck someone else failed to see this "chance after chance" i keep reading about.

Apart from that, ya cheeky monkey :)

We were trying to do that, to be fair. It just didnt come off, for the most part.

Barca had the same problems playing the dhims (even though they are a pro team, the gulf in class is probably similar), and there probably isnt a better team in the world when it comes to 1-2s and late runs in to the box..

Sometimes, when you have been on a run like we have, you have a bad day. We had that day today.. things just didnt seem to work. I agree, we should analyse, but some people are not being constructive..

Granted I'm only 27 and you would have seen plenty more football matches than me but a packed defence isn't the easiest to play 1-2's through. Crosses into that packed area are more likely to cause confusion and create chances than trying to wiggle through gaps that aren't there.

Keeping the ball on the deck and having the skill to make a give and go pass will work. I'm strange in that I want to see Rangers win playing great football..I'm only 32....................................years older than you

Sometimes, when you have been on a run like we have, you have a bad day. We had that day today.. things just didnt seem to work. I agree, we should analyse, but some people are not being constructive..

The problem being weve had bad days for id say 3/4 of games this season.

Yes were x amount of point ahead but WE SHOULD BE, blinkered fans on here forget were playing part timers!!

We got away with it against Queens Park last week and umpteen other games this season but anytime we have come up against a creative team who can hold the

ball and put pressure on us we crumble e.g ICT game.

In my opinion when we have played 2 up front and played with pace we have looked fantastic, without Black!

Ally need to stick with a formation/team.

Keeping the ball on the deck and having the skill to make a give and go pass will work. I'm strange in that I want to see Rangers win playing great football..I'm only 32....................................years older than you

Most of the time. Not always. See Celtic vs Barcelona.

We were trying to do that, to be fair. It just didnt come off, for the most part.

Barca had the same problems playing the dhims (even though they are a pro team, the gulf in class is probably similar), and there probably isnt a better team in the world when it comes to 1-2s and late runs in to the box..

I think you could say that about those Catalonians say three years ago but not now.......................what I was really getting at is that we have a chance to turn around the whole philosophy re the way we play the game and we should be doing this............still disagree with you on not being able to break down Elgins set up.

Still that's the wonderful thing about football is that anything can happen.

You don't sound it. ED that is ideal, but even in 32 years less than you (aye right :craphead: ) I've seen enough football to recognize a team determined to defend can negate the give and go passing tactic.

I dont really think that today was about formations... We had plenty of players up the park and circled their box for most of the game. We were faced with a wall of defenders that was hard to break down.. once the wall was broken down, we were poor in finishing the chances.

Even the best teams in the world struggle to break teams down that play this way...we are not gonna be any different, no matter who we play!

(tu) It was like playing thread the needle at times.

You don't sound it. ED that is ideal, but even in 32 years less than you (aye right :craphead: ) I've seen enough football to recognize a team determined to defend can negate the give and go passing tactic.

That's why the Italian national side have been so successful for the last century.