James Traynors first column

rangersxfc

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking weird to hear Jim Traynor referring to Rangers as "us" or "we"!

There it is though, good statement, I'm glad the guy is on board. We have a fucking strong structure behind the scenes :)

I especially warmed to this:

"This club accepted their sanctions and moved on but too many others have been unable to do the same.

So true, so true.

Fucking weird to hear Jim Traynor referring to Rangers as "us" or "we"!

There it is though, good statement, I'm glad the guy is on board. We have a fucking strong structure behind the scenes :)

I especially warmed to this:

"This club accepted their sanctions and moved on but too many others have been unable to do the same.

So true, so true.

As Lyndon Johnson famously said I'd rather have him inside the tent pissing out than outside the tent pissing in :pipe:

"In a BBC radio debate last Saturday night one pundit, in a matter-of-fact manner, said Charles Green speaks with ‘forked tongue.’ No attempt to explain or justify the statement, just as no explanation was offered when another radio voice claimed there was a dishonesty about Walter Smith when he went public with a late bid for the club.

Word of advice gentlemen. From now on be very careful when talking or writing about this club.

To paraphrase something said about another club, Rangers will not be treated less than others. And although there is no desire to pick fights, be assured that no one will attack Rangers with impunity."

I like that a lot.

Brilliant piece. If only it was in a national paper...

cherry picked quotes from that stetement will be all over the nationals by tomorrow mate.

Every bhitter journo out there will be clambering to try and make JT look bad.

The daily mail has already done it lol

At last ,someone who will not be pushed around by the minnions that are destroying our game ,this could prove to be Charles Greens best signing ,a very clever appointment indeed.....

welcome to the site JT :P

Even an intentional spelling error, some space-commas and a forgotten apostrophe isn't enough to shake our Gogzy off the scent.

Well spotted Gogz. You must have quite a dossier now :D

To be honest, when I spotted the trailing .......s - for a moment I thought it was 'you know who' trying her hand at being a man for a change.

But no. You've called it again (tu)

How many Rangers employees have we got here now Gogzy? :thumbup:

We now have someone who can put across the views that have been long held and expressed by Rangers supporters. Any time we have made these views public we have been dismissed as bigots, fanatics and God knows what else. The tabloids will be picking up on these soundbites from Mr Traynor and at last we have a voice they cannot tar with any of those titles. Excellent piece.

We now have someone who can put across the views that have been long held and expressed by Rangers supporters. Any time we have made these views public we have been dismissed as bigots, fanatics and God knows what else. The tabloids will be picking up on these soundbites from Mr Traynor and at last we have a voice they cannot tar with any of those titles. Excellent piece.

I'm really not sure how much respect will be lent to these (rational) opinions, even coming from Jimbo :/

Its an excellent piece but we do know that the haters in the mhedia.. Radio/Papers will no doubt go on a pooh pooh offensive.. They will not like this rational/balanced DEFENCE OF SCOTLANDS BIGGEST CLUB..So be READY Mr T.. The knives will be out so make sure you bring a bloody big gun..(metophorically speaking of course)..

I'm really not sure how much respect will be lent to these (rational) opinions, even coming from Jimbo :/

We don't need respect for them, they just need to be put out there. Rational people can make up their own minds about things now we have a counter argument to the rabid pish we've had to deal with for so long.

We don't need respect for them, they just need to be put out there. Rational people can make up their own minds about things now we have a counter argument to the rabid pish we've had to deal with for so long.

Good point.

Still, I'm not expecting a barrage of rationality! That's neither here nor there though.

Dear Mr Traynor,

Welcome to Rangers. Just one thing - please don't do things like referring to women as "broads" in official club publications. You do not write for a tabloid now.

Cheers.

Though the streets be broads and narrow,it's follow we will :uk: