3bosses in the EPL back us entering!

YorkshireBear

Source Daily Record online.

TWO of England’s top bosses have thrown their support behind Rangers and Celtic joining the Premiership.

Ibrox chief Charles Green and Parkhead counterpart Peter Lawwell have both said they’d like to take on the big guns down south.

And Arsenal’s Arsene Wenger and QPR boss Harry Redknapp have now revealed they back the idea.

Redknapp said: “They should play in England. They are two of the biggest clubs in the world. Maybe it would also give someone else a chance to win something in Scotland if they left.

“We have Welsh teams in the Premier League. Why not two Scottish teams?”

Arsenal boss Wenger would also welcome the clubs although he warned it would prove catastrophic for

Scottish football.

Asked if he’d have the Glasgow clubs in the Premiership, he said: “Yes, but you would not want to destroy Scottish football and Rangers and Celtic in England would destroy their game.”

Everton boss David Moyes also backed the idea.

He said: “Celtic and Rangers would be great for down here. To add them to the Premier League would be fantastic.”

Interesting development!

All great but it's the chairmen you want to convince and the last time they had the opportunity to do so, they voted 20-0 against the idea.

There has to be a willingness for this to happen & it isn't there !!

As for Sky, they just tripled their payments to English football so they aren't exactly concerned about the decline of viewing figures for EPL football either.

Fuck cel*ic, let them apply to the irish league. They'd only disgrace themself down there at the sight of anything british or english for that matter.

Mr Green should be doing the rounds down there to see what other think about rangers applying for membership since were the ones who aint wanted up here and get things in motion.

The english league has been getting terrible press itself with racism so maybe times are changing and that dream might just become a reality.

I think a move down south is our only option.

All great but it's the chairmen you want to convince and the last time they had the opportunity to do so, they voted 20-0 against the idea.

As for Sky, they just tripled their payments to English football so they aren't exactly concerned about the decline of viewing figures for EPL football either.

Indeed.

The only time I could see this happening would be post bubble bursting for the EPL. Their star isn't fading quite yet.

the vote last time included splitting the league into two and having the old firm in the second league. The chairmen went against having only ten teams in the top league.

There's no way EPL or Championship chairmen would vote us in.

BUT we've never really seriously looked at coming in at a much lower level and working our way up. I think there would be far less opposition to that and we should seriously pursue that idea.

Green is right - the fans would back him doing that and as we moved up the divisions the investment would come. The IPO valuation was 50 M compared to 1.2 Billion for Man Utd so there is clearly investment value in a team with our level of support if we were playing in England

Probably take most of a decade to get where we want, but I'd be in favour

Fuck cel*ic, let them apply to the irish league. They'd only disgrace themself down there at the sight of anything british or english for that matter.

Mr Green should be doing the rounds down there to see what other think about rangers applying for membership since were the ones who aint wanted up here and get things in motion.

The english league has been getting terrible press itself with racism so maybe times are changing and that dream might just become a reality.

I think a move down south is our only option.

Totally agree we should have to work our way up thro the leagues, no leg up, and why are we still tethered to the mhanky mob, that name should be banned from the bears den.

They are Irish not scots and they hate England, they can fuck off to Ireland.

WE Want to go to England. And they would welcome us. But not with that scum.Who in there right mind in England would welcome people who would sing about killing British Soldiers. If we can get to England its us and not them We have to let them know. Rangers. Are a British club, who support the Queen and everything British.AND WEE Would love to be involved if the chance arose.But please dont put us in the same basket as them bastards.We want to get away but without any green and white coat tails hanging onto us

I second that mike and I'm sure CG is thinking along the same lines. The money generated down there even in there bottom tier must be more than we would get up here.

I'll prob be pushing 40 by the time were up and making an impact but we all no for the good of the club its where we need to be.

WE Want to go to England. And they would welcome us. But not with that scum.Who in there right mind in England would welcome people who would sing about killing British Soldiers. If we can get to England its us and not them We have to let them know. Rangers. Are a British club, who support the Queen and everything British.AND WEE Would love to be involved if the chance arose.But please dont put us in the same basket as them bastards.We want to get away but without any green and white coat tails hanging onto us

You're talking absolute bollocks.

Managers have zero say in this..

Considering that 75% of them might not be there by the time it eventuated.

I've been hearing this fairytale stuff for over 24 years about us going to England and we aren't any closer to that objective now, than we were then in 1988.

Perhaps one day it might happen, but it will take a seismic shift in thinking and policy making for it to happen.

By all means, Charles Green should look into EVERY possible scenario to further the Rangers brand both on and off the park, but anybody who thinks this will happen anytime soon might be very disappointed.

Start in the Conference. Charles Green is correct, it is a bigger and better quality league than we are currently in.

Yes, we should also go it alone, no more 'old firm' association.

I live in Engalnd and Rangers would be well respected down here, whereas I genuinely believe (and have been saying this for years) that if Celtic (with their anti-British rhetoric) played in England they would soon be the most despised club in the whole of the nation.

It is time for us to get out and if the conference is available, we should take it!

Considering that 75% of them might not be there by the time it eventuated.

I've been hearing this fairytale stuff for over 24 years about us going to England and we aren't any closer to that objective now, than we were then in 1988.

Perhaps one day it might happen, but it will take a seismic shift in thinking and policy making for it to happen.

By all means, Charles Green should look into EVERY possible scenario to further the Rangers brand both on and off the park, but anybody who thinks this will happen anytime soon might be very disappointed.

I think you have hit the nail on the head with this post Oz. It would be great if we could escape from this league, but not sure if it can happen. What I would say is if anyone could make this come true it will be our very own Charles. :cgreen:

Just a thought but say we did apply to the conference and was voted in and played our first season there. Then the mhanky mob applied to join. Say the vote was tied and as the league was an odd number the deciding vote lay at our doorstep. In the name of sporting integrity Mr Green would surely have to listen to the fans on that one :) just a thought

I think you have hit the nail on the head with this post Oz. It would be great if we could escape from this league, but not sure if it can happen. What I would say is if anyone could make this come true it will be our very own Charles. :cgreen:

I've got to give Charles Green every credit for the way he has reacted to the shite that he and our club has been put through since his consortium took charge.

We needed a leader who was not scared to take on these bawbags of the SFA/SPL and by christ we sure got one.

Sure he makes outlandish statements at times, but he is keeping Rangers football club at the forefront of any Scottish football news,good or bad,because he works under the adage; Any publicity is good publicity,and while the pundits are talking about us, they aren't talking about the clowns in the SPL.

Whether he manages to get Rangers away from Scottish football or not, I'll guarantee you one thing....Old Charlie boy won't die wondering.

I've got to give Charles Green every credit for the way he has reacted to the shite that he and our club has been put through since his consortium took charge.

We needed a leader who was not scared to take on these bawbags of the SFA/SPL and by christ we sure got one.

Sure he makes outlandish statements at times, but he is keeping Rangers football club at the forefront of any Scottish football news,good or bad,because he works under the adage; Any publicity is good publicity,and while the pundits are talking about us, they aren't talking about the clowns in the SPL.

Whether he manages to get Rangers away from Scottish football or not, I'll guarantee you one thing....Old Charlie boy won't die wondering.

Good stuff Oz, just parked up to walk along to Ibrox. Let's hope we get back to winning ways.