Allan McGregor

pipedown27ready

Was just thinking there, Allan McGregor was with Rangers from 2001, and made his debut in 2002 in a cup game against Forfar.

An outstanding keeper, we were lucky to have such a guy between the sticks at our club. His save in the Uefa Cup run was one of the best I've seen. Up there with Goram's save from Van Hoojidonk.

Really hope we hold a testimonial match for him as he was on our books for 11 years. Would mean the world to him as he's a massive fan of Rangers and a legend in all of our eyes.

When could we expect to hold this? Would it be after he retires?

Deep Undercover.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there one person that thinks this is a good idea?

if he comes back and takes us to the top then i'd maybe forget how he left but testimonial. no

he'd need to come back soon, tail between his legs, and thats not going to happen

anyone think there is any chance he might come back in the future?

out of every player i think i just might happen

i belive he never would have left ever if the problems never happened

Bury the hatchet, move on. They haven't exactly harmed the club in any way, have they?

Aye your right it's not like we could have done with any transfer money

You are surely fishing as your answers are now pish and are designed to get a bite which I have , but I'm going to break the line before you reel me in and land me

This will never happen not while Charles Green is at Rangers. He could have stayed like Edu and broadfoot did even though they knew they wouldn't be playing for Rangers for long but they knew Rangers would get a transfer fee for them.

Edu and Broadfoot stayed because even they couldn't believe that someone would want to sign them.

They signed their new contract with us for security, then fucked off as soon as someone else came in.

It wasn't about the fee for them.

Perhaps your right.

Why dont we go all the way and invite Naismith, Whittaker and Ness up to watch the DU match with us at Bar 72 and we can have a big fuck off welcome home party.

I'd personally pay for the beer the whole night if that happened.

I would need the ticket rights as a proviso though!

Good Keeper, but like the rest of them, could have got us a transfer fee and didn't bother. I hope he never returns from Turkey, and I also hope that he is forced to pay the compensation we are due for him

Commanding a transfer fee would have meant less money for him. I can see why he did it. Don't agree, but I can see why.

I'm pretty sure that McGregor thought long and hard about staying. He knew he was leaving us with a perfectly able keeper to step into his position.

What if Allan came back after his contract expires at Besiktas and helps us back to the top league?

He'd be a fuckin sub or even third choice

Aye your right it's not like we could have done with any transfer money

You are surely fishing as your answers are now pish and are designed to get a bite which I have , but I'm going to break the line before you reel me in and land me

If they commanded a transfer fee then they might not have got the moves and wages that they got for moving for free.

Edu and Broadfoot stayed because even they couldn't believe that someone would want to sign them.

They signed their new contract with us for security, then fucked off as soon as someone else came in.

It wasn't about the fee for them.

So what your saying is McGregor knew there was a club after him so he fucked off as soon as he knew that?

Commanding a transfer fee would have meant less money for him. I can see why he did it. Don't agree, but I can see why.

Fair enough , i can see why he did it too . greed and lack of loyalty to the club he had been with for over 10 years .he doesnt deserve a testimonial game , , now lee mccullough he deserves a testimonial ...