Meeting Wed with Charles Green stadium renaming

bluesbro1976

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say I'm completely against this - especially with the figures being mentioned so far. We've already had a hugely successful share issue, do we really need to sell our souls in order to raise a maximum of £830k a year?

Start at £3m per year and we'll talk.

If the deal is 2.3 per year then that sets a big precedent for when we get back in Europe.

Our last board failed dramatically to market our club, they couldnt even do the job in Scotland properly.

This is an improvement and even if it's a low income to start us off, it will only get bigger in 4 years. That's when we should reap the rewards.

It is pure fantasy to think we will be getting £2/3/4 mil a season.

Bayern Munich get £4 mil a season.

People need to start using a bit sense and realism.

This meeting tonight as many have said will be to confirm a deal is done. More a heads up than anything.

This meeting tonight as many have said will be to confirm a deal is done. More a heads up than anything.

(tu)

Did Green tell you this himself?

dont know where this atitude of "we dont need the money" comes from, we are a business at the end of the day and the last 2 years have proved you have to make hay while the sun shines, if someone is willing to pay us to call, what we all know as Ibrox, something else more fool them I say and where's our cheque, thanks very much - cah-ching!!

dont know where this atitude of "we dont need the money" comes from, we are a business at the end of the day and the last 2 years have proved you have to make hay while the sun shines, if someone is willing to pay us to call, what we all know as Ibrox, something else more fool them I say and where's our cheque, thanks very much - cah-ching!!

Exactly, it's as if some think the share issue has set the club up for life.

Would you be happy to give us updates from the meeting mate?

Of Course I will mate, but if my memory serves me right, you cant get on the 3g in the Ibrox suite, but ill post as soon as I get up the road, and give you a wee brief on whats said, of course i will !!

As I said, I cant see a business man like Charles Green asking for our Opinion !!! He loves to throw in titbits too so we ll see whats said !!

Of Course I will mate, but if my memory serves me right, you cant get on the 3g in the Ibrox suite, but ill post as soon as I get up the road, and give you a wee brief on whats said, of course i will !!

As I said, I cant see a business man like Charles Green asking for our Opinion !!! He loves to throw in titbits too so we ll see whats said !!

Really looking forward to the minutes being published. Im pretty sure TBB is on the agenda aswell tonight. Should be a good meeting. I've heard we may get told who will be making the strips as of next season aswell tonight. So hopefully a good informative night tonight.

You're rms wee star dunny lol thanks mate

Pretty pumped to be waking up tomorrow morning Oz time to the news that TBB is back..... :lol:

I want you to walk down whatever street you stay in with a baby milk tin and a whistle like you're in your own flute band playing TBB and we need video evidence

I want you to walk down whatever street you stay in with a baby milk tin and a whistle like you're in your own flute band playing TBB and we need video evidence

It's no banned here so why not! Nae cunt will have any idea what I'm on about though.

Perhaps Murray v Federer tennis match would be a good venue :sherlock:

Aye, right you are. Let's just sell our name as well while we're at it. The Sport Direct Rangers? Go for it. I mean, we all call ourselves Rangers anyway so fuck it. :rolleyes:

If the offer isn't something substantial, then it shouldn't be getting accepted. We're in the best financial state we've ever been in, with cash in the bank, yet we're selling our stadium name for a sum that won't even cover Charles Green's own annual wage? Fuck that.

Aye, right you are. Let's just sell our name as well while we're at it. The Sport Direct Rangers? Go for it. I mean, we all call ourselves Rangers anyway so fuck it. :rolleyes:

If the offer isn't something substantial, then it shouldn't be getting accepted. We're in the best financial state we've ever been in, with cash in the bank, yet we're selling our stadium name for a sum that won't even cover Charles Green's own annual wage? Fuck that.

Uber fan alert! "I love rangers so someone should pay millions!!" No one has mentioned changing the club name so lets not make things up to make your argument seem likely in anyway!! start with the facts, its a money business and if someone is willing to pay to stick thier company name in front of Ibrox they thats fine, not as if we're going to be standing down the the pub saying "are you going to the sports direct Ibrox stadium to see the rangers this week?"

Small minded people never get the bigger picture, It will happen watch this space, live in the now, head out the clouds time wee man! there is alot more people than CG at Ibrox whos wage this would pay!!

We are also in the bottom pile of Scottish football with no European football for 3 years.

We are not going to be turning away money no matter how insignificant it may seem to yourself.

I would've had a problem with the naming~rights issue if it meant there would be a massive, tacky Sports Direct ( or whoever) sign plastered on the famous "red-bricked facade" of Ibrox. But as that part is listed, I can't see that happening. They can do whatever they like to the internal facing roof structures, a la Newcastle's St. James's Park and I'll happily take their money for doing so.

Just the same as every other Rangers fan and follower of European football, the home of Rangers will always be Ibrox to me.