Rangers hard men

bluechip

hard men dont win football games. football players do. its idiotic statement like this that holds our an i mean the whole scottish game back. young kids being told to go thru cunts by their dads at the side of the park. they should be more interested in developing ball skills such as control and being comfortable with that thing at ur foot that is gonna make you a lot of money throughouty your life.

until we move away from this mentality of hitting hard and humping the ball as hard as we can up the park cos its the rite thing to do in a lot of older fans mind we will never ever ever move on and develop players the way we should. ffs you hear it at ibrox every week ...gety it to fuck. snap him. etc. thats no football. any arse out your local can do that. we have got to improve simple technical skills like being able to play a five yard volleyed pass from a through in. if you can be comfortable on the ball and deal with the othr side of the game then fair doos. but technical skill will always prevail. always.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you good people are missing the point I think. I am not slagging of Ally, I love the man. I am not suggesting we have a team full of knuckle draggers either. A balance is required.

What I am advocating is that we have an excellent goalie 4 hard men and the rest extremely skillful. Then teams might think twice about booting anything with a Rangers top on and maybe make us a bit more solid at the back.

Huge difference between 'hard' and 'dirty'. Prime example was Tom Forsyth great tackler and hard as nails. Gave away very few fouls.

Every team needs a certain element of 'hardness' to be successful. Players can be both hard and skilful, two players who spring to mind are Wilkins and Souness, both pure class.

Hurlock and Steele, mentioned earlier, were just crass.

Huge difference between 'hard' and 'dirty'. Prime example was Tom Forsyth great tackler and hard as nails. Gave away very few fouls.

Every team needs a certain element of 'hardness' to be successful. Players can be both hard and skilful, two players who spring to mind are Wilkins and Souness, both pure class.

Hurlock and Steele, mentioned earlier, were just crass.

A modern day player who I thought did that job well was Kevin Thomson...I think he was very underrated and ultimately unfortunate with injuries but he gave us that dig in the middle of the park and his record against Celtic was superb!

I don't think we should go out with the idea of being hard but if the opponents start dishing it out we should be clever about giving it back. Share out the yellows & only do it if they are being OTT like peterhead.

Black is not really that hard. Because he crocked Jelavic we probably think he is harder than he is.

Also remember that hard is not the only way. My namesake Ian Ferguson had a mouth on him as well & could talk people into getting sent off.

We don't need 'hard men'.

We have players who have passion and aggression like Jig, Black, Wallace ect.

What we need is our footballers to play 'football', the boys we have should be 2 or 3 steps ahead of the lower division players way of thinking on the park.

We don't need 'hard men'.

We have players who have passion and aggression like Jig, Black, Wallace ect.

What we need is our footballers to play 'football', the boys we have should be 2 or 3 steps ahead of the lower division players way of thinking on the park.

you are right mate , they can more than look after themselves that is all that is needed

bloody hell GB how many have you got on ignore now ! :D

No it's the other way around with this one.

I make a post, and this wee shite comes back with...

Shite! I thought I had you on ignore. FFS take a day off, do you ever quit Mr Hhappy.

And I don't even know who he is :(

But in answer to your question: 9 :D

We are a step or 2 (or 3) quicker than the teams in the 3rd division. I think a lot (not all mind) of the bad tackles against us are simply opposing players arriving late as it were. Tends to look worse than what it really is.

Just my opinion.. but I'm quite happy the way the team is progressing -- using skilled youth. McLeod, McKay... Black has been on the receiving end though... But he will get his own back.

So.. not sure we need hard men at the moment. Not sure that's a way forward in any event (tu)