Rangers hard men

bluechip

Where are they? Every week it's the same story, Rangers players being booted all over the pitch.

Traditonally we had several hard men in every Rangers team. To quote just a few, Willie Woodburn, George Young, John Greig, Gregor Stevens, Tom Forsyth, Graham Roberts, Graeme Souness, Ian Ferguson, etc. etc.

What the hell's happened to the current recruiting policy (approx. last three years). Rangers are as soft as you know what and it's embarassing. Don't get me wrong, results are King but this soft centre is getting ridiculous.

Ally is quite right to dismiss the complaining about rough treatment. I have a great deal of time for Ally, I just wish he would get a couple of real hard men in the team.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those types of players although great rangers players would struggle in this era where players get booked for the slightest thing....

Far more important to build a team that can play football over a team that can kick because as we move up it is more important.

This annoyed me yesterday as well. We really did need someone to get stuck in a bit, especially when they put a few bad 'challenges' in in a row! Gets me so frustrated watching from the side of the pitch, wish i could go on for five minutes! :lol: Then again, maybe that's why im at the side of the pitch!

Terry hurlock comes to mind. The teams doing well and a lot of youth are breaking through so hopefully we can ride out the storm for the time being.

Great memories, Terry Hurlock was even frightening to look at, that's before he started on the physical stuff. Brilliant.

Great memories, Terry Hurlock was even frightening to look at, that's before he started on the physical stuff. Brilliant.

My boss says he was a mascot for a Brentford game in the mid 80s, and even though he was a Brentford fan and Hurlock was one of his heroes, he was terrified of him :lol:

BTW does any of the more mature members of the forum remember a gentlemen called Jim Steele?

Had in on a months loan in the mid 70's. lets just say he liked a tackle.....ooooof!

Jim Steele played 4 games for Rangers & was yellow carded in every appearance ............... is that another record?