Rumour: new kit deal

j1mgg

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

re-read my post

I was talking about Scotlands 3 main rugby teams. Edinburgh, Glasgow and Scotland

I bought the World Cup edition of the current Scotland rugby top. The material is far thicker, the seams tougher and generally the quality far better than any football top I have seen in years

I think the reason that so many are into the idea of Adidas kits is purely down to quality, though as a club we'll probably take the highest bidder.

I'll give you an example though.

My nephews son got both baby Rangers ,and Scotland kits for xmas, and the quality between the two is very noticeable.

The stitching on the Rangers one is all over the place, and the whole top looks slightly warped, whereas the Scotland one looks really well made,well stitched, and just far better put together.

Do Adidas just generally make better tops,because they have better workers?

Its a bit like they used to do years ago when an apprentice made a smaller version of whatever, to test his skills.

Detail is way more noticeable on scaled down versions.

We'll all buy the tops regardless of manufacturer,but the quality will be noticeable.

Exactly, i usually buy a top gr whatever city im in on business in europe

Usually 60-70 euros

£68 is the price for the player issue macron shirts, much cheaper for replica. It's like the adidas techfit/formotion shirts or nike authentic player issue, alway much more expensive. Around £100 mark.

I think the reason that so many are into the idea of Adidas kits is purely down to quality, though as a club we'll probably take the highest bidder.

I'll give you an example though.

My nephews son got both baby Rangers ,and Scotland kits for xmas, and the quality between the two is very noticeable.

The stitching on the Rangers one is all over the place, and the whole top looks slightly warped, whereas the Scotland one looks really well made,well stitched, and just far better put together.

Do Adidas just generally make better tops,because they have better workers?

Its a bit like they used to do years ago when an apprentice made a smaller version of whatever, to test his skills.

Detail is way more noticeable on scaled down versions.

We'll all buy the tops regardless of manufacturer,but the quality will be noticeable.

adidas strips are garbage.

£68 is the price for the player issue macron shirts, much cheaper for replica. It's like the adidas techfit/formotion shirts or nike authentic player issue, alway much more expensive. Around £100 mark.

Didnt know you can buy authentic tops

Where can i get a home shirt for this year strip?

I take it they are bettter material or ?

Didn't know you could get football ones either. you get them with NFL tops. better material, slim fit, better badges etc..

Well there is a meeting on friday about the sponsor of the stadium so i just took a guess at we would here around about that time?

I just think we'll get the kit news before the stadium news ,as a wee softner for us , also a PR move ,with regarding where we are now and how we are doing as a Club , a year on

Umbro don't make player issue shirts, you can buy certain player issue shirts on either adidas or nike websites. Puma also do player issue shirts, ebay & classicfootballshirts.com are a good source also.

Be careful of fakes on ebay tho!

Yeah the material used is better & they are tighter slim fit made, so if your a medium size then usually a large or sometime extra large are better!