Campaign against Rangers rolls on...

AlBear.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok we respect the silence then but we should hold a friendly on armed forces day June 29th with Chelsea invite the Chelsea pensioners and all armed forces turn it into one big party get Charles green to get the red arrows to fly over

So Hugh_Capet has a point then?

Do you wish to remember the fallen? Or just point score against the Tims?

EDIT - And, by the way, I agree that it would have been one of the obsessed who complained. Who else would it be?

Sorry lads, I can see the point they're making. I think it's a great idea at any other time of the year to celebrate the homecoming Of a Particular regiment or ship. Rememberance weekend though is a time for quiet reflection to remember and honour all those brave men and women who made the ultimate sacrifce.

Have to say I agree with this. Remembrance day should not be a day of celebration. By all means set aside another day to celebrate the fantastic job that our Armed Forces do.

That goodness for that. These displays are rather embarrassing and lack sincerity. The aim of them is simply to antagonize taigs rather than remember old soldiers.

It has obviously antagonized you then?.

I always look forward to this,as do the servicemen/women,as shown with the absolute delight on their faces.Brilliant!!!!!!!

No Hugh capet does not have a point.

To suggest Rangers FC are point Scoring is nonsence .

Thats was not the purpose of the Fay .

You know I know and so does everyone else.

The cunt who complained hasn't even complained about point scoring

He's complained about sectarianism and Orangeism

Does he know the religion of everybody there?

Were they all Orangemen?

Get a grip ffs - no one was offended and its a malicious complaint

He should have been told to fuck off

I thought reading the article was shocking. Reading that letter is a fucking joke. How they bent over backwards for that is fucking mind boggling.

Major-General N Eeles,

General Officer Commanding Scotland,

Edinburgh Castle,EH1 2NG.

Dear General Eeles,

You will, I imagine, share my dismay that Army, Navy and Royal Marines service personnel were participants in a travesty of a ‘Remembrance’ parade at Ibrox Park, Glasgow, during half-time in a football match being played between The Rangers FC and Alloa Athletic last week-end.

Whatever the original intention may have been, the occasion was allowed to degenerate into what I can only describe as a show of sectarian support- by the military personnel involved- for one particular section of Scottish society and one particular football club.

It was in no way respectful of the men and women ( among whom I include my own father) who suffered death or injury in the second World War, but was an absolutely undisciplined display of sectarian bias by the army unit(s) involved, who, I believe had balloted to be present because of their personal support for the aims and ideology of The Rangers FC.

In my view, the officer who authorised the use of tax-payers’ money for such a shameful partisan display, and the senior officer present on the day ( if indeed, any officer was present) should be asked to apologise to the people of Scotland for being so crassly insensitive to the feelings of many like me, who distance themselves from the poisonous ideology behind Orangeism and who do not wish their support for the Armed Forces of this country to be predicated on a false assumption that Orangeism equates to patriotism.

I am copying this letter to Rear Admiral Hockley (Flag Officer Scotland and Northern Ireland) and to Major-General Davis, CBE RM (Commandant General Royal Marines)

Yours sincerely,

'A bitter, twisted, scum cunt. xx'

Fuck sake - he's been completely hoodwinked

Rangers need to take issue with this guy.

Imagine a lily livered wimp who caves in to a letter like that being your CO going in to battle

Hook line and sinker.

Fell for it completely.

Says a lot about the Leaders of men.

Donkeys Leading Lions is a more than apt description here.

Danger Rangers haters at work.

Why in Gods name cant some of our alledgedly own Fans see what this is about?

The offended are making it in to wjat they suggest , and its absolutely nothing of the sort from Rangers.

I put it to any of our Fans who suggest we are point scoring, that next Rememberance Day match fixtures just pop along to Celtic Park and see if they observe the minutes silence as they suggest.

No they wont because a large element within their Fanbase is offended including the media in Scotland, at everything and anyyhing associated with HM Forces.

Tell that to the GOC Scotland

Waken up guys and see this for what it really os.

To bring Orangeism and sectarianism in the letter itself is point scoting and the hatred against our club beggers belief.

On reflection,I can see the point that Rememberance Day is a time for sober respect,and the sight of servicemen having a good time and kickabout has dismayed top brass.We should not miss the opportunity to engage with military chiefs and ask them how they would like us to honour those currently serving.I like the idea of an Armed Forces Day,when we could show our support,vocally and financially.Turn this negative into a positive,and do not allow those who hate our country to drive a wedge between us and military chiefs.

Spot on.

Guest Andypendek

As a fully paid up handwringer, I would have to admit to being able to see some merit in the respectful silence idea rather than a celebration.

But if it is in response to that appalling letter then the whole thing loses any credibility. I think some contact with Mr Eeles is in order, so that we can see just exactly how he views the 'poisonous ideology behind Orangeism' as being represented by soldiers on a football pitch.

He can either apologise or resign.

As a fully paid up handwringer, I would have to admit to being able to see some merit in the respectful silence idea rather than a celebration.

But if it is in response to that appalling letter then the whole thing loses any credibility. I think some contact with Mr Eeles is in order, so that we can see just exactly how he views the 'poisonous ideology behind Orangeism' as being represented by soldiers on a football pitch.

He can either apologise or resign.

correct mate.

Some letter eh?

Its a belter.

Another question would be the timing of this.

Why wait 3 months after the event.