Crowds at Ibrox - Defiance?

I heard Hugh Keevins and Gordon Dalziel claim that the remarkable crowds at Ibrox were down to defiance and they will die down eventually. Does anyone bye this? I'm unsure as to what it is we are supposed to be defying.

Ibrox has been consistently full for League games for 25 years. They will not drop off - defiance, my arse. We are just doing what we've always done.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No as Hibernian proved in the season they won sfl1. When a team is winning crowds come, we had 9000 st holders not renew through varied reasons yet still had more fans to take their place. I'm sure some go as a gt it up yae, but the vast majority just want to see their team

like your optimism but im not sure, if we are in the 18 team league that nobody wants and ST prices go up, i think that our ST sales will drop, just need to look around today plenty of seats bought but not used as there was nowhere near 46k at that game today.

That's a good point mate, if its changed this year then I fear the rangers fans and the other team who should have "gone up" will turn away

I heard Hugh Keevins and Gordon Dalziel claim that the remarkable crowds at Ibrox were down to defiance and they will die down eventually. Does anyone bye this? I'm unsure as to what it is we are supposed to be defying.

Ibrox has been consistently full for League games for 25 years. They will not drop off - defiance, my arse. We are just doing what we've always done.

I wouldn't use the word defiance (I think they use it to try and belittle us to be honest) but I do think the events of the summer reinvigorated alot of people.

Even though the crowds have dropped off a bit recently the fact we are getting consistently 45k plus is superb. Hopefully it isn't an issue but if the SPL manage to push through their stupid plans for next year and we end up in the bottom tier again and with rising prices we may see a drop off that the media will just love.

No as Hibernian proved in the season they won sfl1. When a team is winning crowds come, we had 9000 st holders not renew through varied reasons yet still had more fans to take their place. I'm sure some go as a gt it up yae, but the vast majority just want to see their team

Celtic have proved this season that that's not necessarily true.

Celtic have proved this season that that's not necessarily true.

I should add as its something different it seems to have whet a lot of people's appetites for the club. The same I would imagine happened with the hibs fans when they were relegated.

The be all and end all for rangers wasn't the taigs, unfortunately for the tarriers we were their everything

like your optimism but im not sure, if we are in the 18 team league that nobody wants and ST prices go up, i think that our ST sales will drop, just need to look around today plenty of seats bought but not used as there was nowhere near 46k at that game today.

40k+ against an amateur team in Division 3 is remarkable. 2nd biggest crowd in Britain.

I don't think there will be any significant drop off next year, especially after what we've been through...people are happy just to have a club to support.

Britney's article today also says 'a 45,000 plus crowd will attend, a testament to the loyalty, determination and defiance of the Rangers support.'

At least he got the loyalty bit right. But it's pathetic how these hacks seek to portray the amazing loyalty of our fans in a negative light.

To be fair the only thing that's made the trip to Ibrox more difficult this season for me is some of our performances, not missed a Home game this season (Working Mon-Fri again is a godsend!). If we can perform like we did today more consistently I can see the high numbers being retained next season in terms of season ticket holders as I do believe some (although not many as we always have a great attendance in the league) are out of defiance.

Absolute nonsense used to deflect from the fact we have arguably the most loyal support around.

In this financial climate I don't see why anyone would or could afford to go to a match just to annoy someone.

It's far easier just to sit in the house.

Exactly. As I said, I'm not really sure what it is we're supposed to be defying.

Buying a ST is more than defiance. There's now over 38k of us.

I think it helps that we continue to battered though because the harder they try the more galvanised we become.

Bring it on!

Sit on mate. The STs may be cheaper but its still a massive outlay. 300 quid in this climate isn't just a drop in the ocean for most. It's a lot of money

Why do they care anyways look at the crowds we have pulled in the 3rd division is that not enough to show that we are loyal to the core.

They can't bare the fact that we are the biggest team in scotland even in the lowest league haha. we had the 2nd biggest crowd in Britain today ffs. fuck them all no one likes us,we don't care.

Ok, let's go with their "defiance" shite for a bit.

If and when they push through the rest of their punishments and made up rules before the end of the season, what do they expect after that and Into next season? We all lie down and take it?

They can try and use every derogatory term in the dictionary, we will get stronger and they will have helped us.

DEFIANCE? Defiance of what? The bigoted, corrupt, bunch of cheating, liewelling bastards trying to kill us?

You better fucking believe its DEFIANCE!!!!