What age were you when you first attended Ibrox

topgoalie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Born just a stones throw from IBROX I'm sure the roar of the crowd was the first thing I heard...Yep..super duper hearing me...But I can't honestly remember the first game I attended..I cudve been about 7/8 ..and without giving my age a way...that was waaaaay back....The first come duties of the day were to politely ask if we could possibly look after your car sir...or words to that effect...and after an exchange of contracts...well ok...a "tanner" was handed over..me and my mates would make our way to the game...and although money was in our pockets we still would stand head bowed at the turnstyle awaiting a kind soul..and most times we didn't need to ask..."gauny lift me over mister"?...Of course once inside it was a mad dash to get right behind the goals and hopefully get a seat on the wall..Only downside of that was the bottle throwing that happened at some games.. ..err..no WE didn't throw them... we were the recipients... :(:D ...were we mad or what... doh.. By the way Tizer in todays world would have been known as "Pure dead brilliant"...Some of the games we would only manage what was known as getting in for the "Last twenties"...When they opened the Main gates to allow fans to leave and didn't stop kids entering...Happy days..Although Now at the age where the Main Stand although lacking in atmosphere as opposed to sitting or standing as it came to pass in the Copland Road end...is to me still HEAVEN...

Rangers Then...Rangers Now...Rangers Forever.... :21:

I was 5 when I saw us play Hibs in 1978. My dad took me to most Rangers games, but can't really remember much about them.

I do remember him filling up my jacket pockets with him and his pals' half bottles and cans of lager though, going to the Aberdeen cup finals in 81 and 82. It felt like a hundredweight.

My first game was Rangers v Motherwell scottish cup replay and we got humped 5-2, I think I was 7 or 8 at the time. I can remember the long walk from Ibrox and through the old pedestrian clyde tunnel back into the city but I cant remember if we got a bus or train back to the Drum,it was supposed to be a treat,some treat.

11 was my First game at Ibrox but it was only Scotland v Sweden still was class to see the stadium but the best was when a was About 12 went to my first Rangers game V the mighty .. Gotu a CL qualifier which we won, Negri scored and McCoist got 2 , durie 2. we sat in the broomloan rear and Gattuso was on the bench we sung our hearts out demanding he was brought on for his debut , am sure when he 1st came to the club people said he was going to be like Maradonna or maybe thats just my imagination anyway we got mentioned in the next weeks Rangers News commenting on how we had sung for Gattuso to come on .

First game I was ever at was a pre-season friendly vs Montrose when I was about 3 or 4 but I cant remember anything about the day really. First game I can remember was the start of the 92/93 season we beat St Johnstone at home when I was 8...cant remember who scored or what the score was mind you but that was me hooked after that.

McCoist in a 1-0 win.

I grew up a Hearts fan because of my dad but when i was 7 i became a Rangers fan because of my mum. First experience of a game at Ibrox was 22nd December 1998 when they showed our away game to Hearts on the Ibrox big screens. I think we won 3-2 that day (Guivarch?) scored 2 of them.

My first game at Ibrox (that I can remember albeit vaguely)

http://m.youtube.com...jekf1J0a4&gl=GB

Amazing how different the stadium looks today.

I remember that game, and goal, well as it was my first League match as a season ticket holder. What about Goram's save on the clip? Magic

So bears what was your first game at Ibrox,and what made you become a bear?

The first game i went to at Ibrox was a league game against Ayt United in 1976,it was a massive thing for a boy like myself from Stenhousemuir,my mates at high school and i went along and as a 14 year old it was just magical.My family were and are all football people but tbh although all Rangers men,they never really went,my father was a Falkirk bairn,but was at the cup final when DJ scored as a 16 year old.It just progressed from there for me and i have went ever since,apart from would you believe we were winning the 9-in-a-row,because of other footballing commitments??????????????????

uncle took me for my 7th birthday 1950 hardly seen the game my only memory of the day was him drinking screwtaps and then waiting out side the pub for him after the game,that got me hooked on the gers,don't get to many games now only 3 this seaon

1964 my grandpa took me. Which was now I think about it was a bit surreal as he was married to the catholic side of the family. But he worked for the railway and was also a hi hebub in the orange lodge.

Strange days. Mixed marriages back then. Needless to say it did not last long.