What age were you when you first attended Ibrox

topgoalie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was about 13 when I went to my first game. We moved to Australia when I was two then moved back before my 13th birthday. It was the season after we almost got to the European cup final...damn dirty Marseille! Me and my dad got two seats up in the club deck and have been going ever since.

Me and my dad took my wee boy to the Montrose game the other week there. He's seven months old and loved every minute! Got him his ticket, programme, hat and scarf as a wee memory for him. Hopefully the first of many.

Everyone at ibrox was great with the wee man, even the bloke that offered him buckie from a water bottle, which he declined! Got some good pics of us at the game and the security at ibrox let us stand at the front door for some pics and even took a couple of pics of my wee man, my dad and I.

Brilliant day out and, although my wee man won't remember, it will be a great memory for me and my father.

Back in 1977, me & 2 of my mates all aged 10, jumped on the camelon supporters bus, without any of our parents even knowing, & went to our first Rangers game. Think it was against Clydebank. I remember it was pissing down & we stood down the front of the Copland

road end soaking wet, singing away. I always remember buying a packet of panini stickers before we left & getting a sticker of 2 Rangers players, (back in the days when one sticker had two halves with a player on each for the Scottish teams) & sticking it to my tammy.

Yip, my life's that sad I remember that away back then, but ask me to get more than 3 things down at the shop, & I'm fked lol.

My wee boys first game was in 2007. Took him to the Rangers 9 in a row team v Scottish league select. He was only 3. Took him to a few pre season friendlies, newcastle, chelsea, but his first competitive game was this season against the shire & we've been to every home league game & most of the cup games this season. Hopefully this sets him up for a lifetime of following Rangers.

I was 10 and it was 1947. Lifted over into main stand as my brother was in army uniform Going up the stairs and seeing pitch for first time, took my breath away. Then to see Brown Young and Shaw, McColl, Woodburn (greatest centre half ever) and Cox. Getting special trains that used to run fron Central to Ibrox and seeing some players on same train. Good old days, you better believe it!!!!

I was 10 and it was 1947. Lifted over into main stand as my brother was in army uniform Going up the stairs and seeing pitch for first time, took my breath away. Then to see Brown Young and Shaw, McColl, Woodburn (greatest centre half ever) and Cox. Getting special trains that used to run fron Central to Ibrox and seeing some players on same train. Good old days, you better believe it!!!!

Wow, its only taken you 5 years to make your first post. Pensioners must be really slow nowadays. :)

1959 when I was 6. I think it was against Hibs. and we won .

My Dad and my Uncles all went together and stood in the Enclosure near to the Rangers End.

My first hero was Davie Wilson followed closely by Eric Caldow.

Really happy memories of us all together getting the Subway to Copland Road and walking to the Stadium.

I'm sure many others on this forum have similar cherished memories of their families and how important it was ,and still is, to be a Bluenose.

These are the memories that the Rangers Haters out there wanted to take away from us. To see us destroyed.

Thank God we all stood together last year and saved our beloved Club from these bigots.

God Bless The Rangers

1872- Forever

i was 12 years old when me and a couple of mates went to ibrox for the first time on a rangers bus from edinburgh (think it was the union jack bus if memory serves me right). season 81/82 and i think it was against dundee, 1-0 win for us and been going regular ever since and more so now with my kids :thumbup::21: :21:

late fifties.

first games the ol' man would only take me in to the stand for safety reasons.

but longed to be with the lads in the terracin'.

begged and convinced him to take me be there for all the games.

he did.

man, bein' in a packed Rangers end, haudin' the scarf out and jumpin' around like a fuckin e-git efter every goal with fellow bears, and giving the sash and TBB laldy - fuckin magic so it wis!.

but i was really too young to be there - legs weren't long enough to jump over the diabolical rivers of pish.

and the grey flannel school shorts - absolutely no fuckin protection agianst the stinkin' splashes.

My old man took me to my first game at the tender age of 3. We were sitting at the very top of the main stand and I clearly remember being scared shitless of how high up we were. I cryed my wee eyes out for much of the first half forcing the old fella to run home with me under his arm at half time! We were staying five mins walk from the stadium at the time so he made it back in time for the second half. Funny, although very young I remember the whole episode quite vividly haha

With my dad and grandad aged (7) seven CWC vs Borussia Dortmund 1967, on my own again CWC vs Sporting Lisbon 1972. My grandad first when to Ibrox in 1906 when he was 10 vs Hearts, he used to collected the Rangers wee blue book, anyone remember them!

Certainly recall the Wee Blue Book (tu) I also was at the Dortmund game in 67 I was 14 and a mere 10-15 minute walk from the ground (wasn't my first) but a great victory that night and the return game was nailbiting 0-0.

There goal at Ibrox that night should never have been allowed.

1990 - was 10 we got beat by St Mirren 1-0 at Ibrox, Chris Woods was injured when they scored. Was in the old family section in the main stand. Sure it was Mo's first game for Rangers aswell.

Can't remember who went in goals for Rangers when Woods went off injured.

With my dad and grandad aged (7) seven CWC vs Borussia Dortmund 1967, on my own again CWC vs Sporting Lisbon 1972. My grandad first when to Ibrox in 1906 when he was 10 vs Hearts, he used to collected the Rangers wee blue book, anyone remember them!

aye